Best games to play ON the Pandora

Bard's Tale / Forests

The Bard's Tale and Forests are two traditional pc role-playing games which are also very appropriate for laptops. They have greatly low program requirements, being almost 20 decades of age. But don't be confused, these are powerful games with powerful content. You will be reliant to the tale collections and in-depth character development. Before Diablo, there were RPGs such as these which offered me lots of time of fun on the PC.

Doom and Doom II. None of the Android/iPhone/gp2x ports of the game even come close to the Pandora's range or quality of Doom ports. I play the Alien Vendetta and Freedoom levels the most right now.

I second that! Doom is amazing on OpenPandora. I just redid the first episode of Doom1 in a few days, it was very , very fun, just like on PC 16 years ago.

{SF III animated gif}

On Pandora?
Yes works well on Pandora.

But Yoshi's gif is from Street Fighter Alpha.

This would be the Street Fighter III equivalent:

2nkmkk2.gif

Well, you need to overclock quite a bit. At 1050MHz it runs mostly smooth.

lol @pic

Last edited by a moderator:
SF III works best on FBA...

http://boards.openpa..._20#entry126990

It runs around 40 fps @ 1 GHz. Looking forward to see how fast it will run on the new GOP (GHz OpenPandora). I'm wondering how much the GOP can be overclocked.

PS: You guys can't be cheated. The animated GIF is not from SF III, but a nice one. ;-)

VVVVVV is a truly superb game which plays perfectly on the Pandora.

Using the tip provided in this post by dgame (stops the accidental flipping of gravity via the Dpad) made it a Pandora essential for me.

SF III works best on FBA...

http://boards.openpa..._20#entry126990

It runs around 40 fps @ 1 GHz. Looking forward to see how fast it will run on the new GOP (GHz OpenPandora). I'm wondering how much the GOP can be overclocked.

PS: You guys can't be cheated. The animated GIF is not from SF III, but a nice one. ;-)

Very nice. I wouldn't mind seeing the performance boost as well.

Hurrican

Forget-Me-Not (once Dunny slows it down, watch for an update shortly, thanks Dunny :) )

White Butterfly

Garden of Colored Lights

Transdimensional Hellspider

Dino-Defense

PanMAME

- SORR (Streets of Rage Remake) works like a dream

- X-Com: Ufo Defense (Ufo: Enemy Unknown)... its OLD interface seems made with the touchscreen in mind !!

- Dino Defense

even Doom and similar works well, but I find so difficult to use shoulder buttons with them... I think I need more practice

(speaking about emulation, every game is best played on the Pandora ;) )

even Doom and similar works well, but I find so difficult to use shoulder buttons with them... I think I need more practice

Agree - shoulder buttons on Doom can be awkward sometimes. Is there a way to remap the buttons ?

I would like to remap in a way such as D-pad + other key (at the same time) makes you strafe instead of turn.

VVVVVV is a truly superb game which plays perfectly on the Pandora.

Using the tip provided in this post by dgame (stops the accidental flipping of gravity via the Dpad) made it a Pandora essential for me.

I like VVVVV but how cna you say it plays perfectly ? It's slow as hell even at 800 Mhz. And it's not like VVVVV is supposed to be resource intensive in the first place...

It probably runs at half the speed than the actual supposed speed.

Did you read the post, where it is described how to make it work almost flawlessly?

I don't know where it is, but there are some clues how to improve performance.

I did not know there was a fix. Why was this not even mentioned on the repo description ? That's the kind of information everyone would want to know, I believe...

I seem to remember that the only thing I had to change to get it running correctly was to change the scaling from X2 to X1, did you have to do anything else?

I did not know there was a fix. Why was this not even mentioned on the repo description ? That's the kind of information everyone would want to know, I believe...

I think the real question is why it defaults to a scale value of 2 instead of 1. ;)

Agree - shoulder buttons on Doom can be awkward sometimes. Is there a way to remap the buttons ?

Yes, in PrBoom at least (I don't know about other Doom engines). Only unfortunate thing is it can't use the nubs properly.

Back