Best Acorn BBC MICRO games

Chuckie Egg is quality.

Played the BBC just a few times all I remember on it was Horace Goes Skiing

Man, the BBC-B was the first computer I ever used as a kid. The only games I can remember are

- Granny's Garden (Ubiquitous, wiki page here)

- Lords of Time (Level-9 text Adventure, wiki page here)

- Clogger (Impact-Soft arcade game)

and

- Andriod (my favourite of the bunch, but I can't find any info on it - might have to dig out the old 5 1/4 disk. There are two other games out there called android, but they're not it).

I must say, when my unit finally arrives, the first game that's gonna be played on it will probably be GG. I'll see if I can find some screens.

I just thought I'd post here for anyone ont the forums/internet that may be interested, because there is practically no information on this game at all out there. After setting up and testing my BBC Micros, I was able to find the old disk that contained ANDROID. It looks like the program was either part of a demo disk or else one of those programs you typed in by hand from a magazine.

I'll post more information and perhaps even a screenshot tomorrow.

EDIT: The following text is a copy of the instructions for the game:

You control Transport Android, who is faced with a maze, containing the six eggs that must be transported from the top of the screen to the bottom, so he can escape. But the Mazedroids are out to stop him as they roam about the screen in ever increasing numbers.

You must move the eggs within the bonus limit shown at the top of the screen. You have three lives, and a bonus life after passing screen five.

When you have an egg you go yellow, otherwise you are cyan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fixed up BeebEm so that can rebind the buttons, and play games nicely with D-pad and Pandora buttons.  Sorry it took so long!!

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=beebem-15428

openacorn.jpg

There is a big list of great BBC Micro games, here:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/23053-bbc-emu/?p=314818

I reckon my favourites are Citadel, Elite, Exile, Repton 3, Thrust, Xor ...

Superb.. Updated.... Time to go through more games and sort out the keys :)

Good work DREDD :) very much appreciated

Back