How Many Controls Can We Press At Once?

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Mithrildor' said:
Btw: Everyone was answering this question wrong:

We can press all buttons at once, but that makes the pandora error.
:D

Thanks for that. I was starting to get a little irritated at the apparent 'tude.

How about if we append "without causing an error" into the simple question (as the long-winded posts mention the ghosting issues already).

Ta

Last edited by a moderator:
'Chip' said:
'urjaman' said:
--> Sticky keys are used to handle longer sequences (Ctrl-Alt-F1, etc)
- The D-pad, ABYX,LR and the 3 (menu,select,pandora key?) keys are all hooked directly to GPIO's on the OMAP and they could even all be pressed simultaneously.
That is exactly how it works.
'lulzfish' said:
It applies to most keyboards, actually.
It applies to all keyboards. Full desktop keyboards have a larger matrix and are limited to 3 simultaneous presses, but since you only have two thumbs, it isn't even possible to press more than two keys at once on the Pandora.

im actually pressing 6 keys on my keyboard right now and theyre all showing up as being pressed

'MWeston' said:
'Monk' said:
Yes. Not my question.
Your question was answered at post #5. I don't get what the problem is now.

Sorry, I did not know that urjaman was a dev, or had a devboard plus keymat, and so was able to authoratively answer the question. Now that I know that I can take it as the "informed/experienced" advice that I asked for and not the potentially fallible "AFAIK" that it seemed to be presented as.

After all, in post #2 I was definitively told that the keyboard accepts 3 presses at once. Should I assume that is also correct, even though it contradicts what you have previously said? This is why I was asking for the experienced answers from devs, OP ones or thrid-parties like Pickle or whoever has been working on BBC Emulation. because they should know, and be able to give a simple clear and accurate response. Thankyou for letting me know that urjaman is a dev, I can give that user more credence in future.

urjaman - my apologies for not taking your word as being trustworthy. My apologies :(

It's been asked and answered several times. Urjaman just happens to be an observant individual. :)

'MWeston' said:
It's been asked and answered several times. Urjaman just happens to be an observant individual. :)
It's a shame then (to me) that you, Chip and Craigix all chose to post to the thread without addressing the question.

My humble thanks once again to Urjaman for responding to my request for an anser from someone who could authoratively give it :D

'Chip' said:
'urjaman' said:
--> Sticky keys are used to handle longer sequences (Ctrl-Alt-F1, etc)
- The D-pad, ABYX,LR and the 3 (menu,select,pandora key?) keys are all hooked directly to GPIO's on the OMAP and they could even all be pressed simultaneously.
That is exactly how it works.
Going over this for wifey, I "see" that comment for the first time. I admit that I was initially blinded by your comment that one cannot physically press more than 2 keys on the Pandora since we only have two thumbs, so I missed this confirmation. My apologies.

Looking back at the thread I still don't REALLY see how answers before urjaman's were less correct - they address the questions with basically the same answers but not from anyone who has actual proof in front of them. Sigh.

Apologies, Chip. Feel free to lock, close, delete, or flush this thread any way you see fit as far as I'm concerned.

Question: Can we poop more on this thread instead of flushing it away?

No, seriously, I seriously need to get a serious life, seriously, I am seriously strange, Im seriously making all these serious post on this serious forum.

'Mithrildor' said:

No, seriously, I seriously need to get a serious life, seriously, I am seriously strange, Im seriously making all these serious post on this serious forum.
Are you serious? :p

'gp2.eXe' said:
'Mithrildor' said:

Are you serious? :p

no, he's serious. more serious than seriously possible to be serious.

'Monk' said:
'MWeston' said:
It's a shame then (to me) that you, Chip and Craigix all chose to post to the thread without addressing the question.

My humble thanks once again to Urjaman for responding to my request for an anser from someone who could authoratively give it :D

I didn't answer it because it was already answered, i just expanded on how you might want to use what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back