Release Audacious

when i try to activate the scrobbler in preferences the program quits. another small thing showing remaining time does not seem to work.

But its a great player :)

Bosbeetle said:
when i try to activate the scrobbler in preferences the program quits. another small thing showing remaining time does not seem to work.

But its a great player :)

This is what you get with alpha software :) (and that's why I didn't uploaded this to the FA)
I guess the bluetooth is broken even harder as configure.am have in the middle of no-where a enable_bluetooth=false so even an --enable-bluetooth won't make it.

By the way, since I discover deadbeef in this very thread, I'm not using audacious anymore ( I prefer it's UI even with audacious being way superior in feature). And I'll switch to the full screen, full touch-friendly one that is living in the dev corner once ready enough for me.

So I didn't tested it much sorry about that.

By the way 2 things :
- to make audacious a bit more finger friendly, desactivate the "easy-move" feature in the prefs.
- I crashed my main PC hard-drive saturday. I setup the build system in less than 30mn (download included) and this build was 2 hours of work more. With that level of easiness, I'm suprise to not see more ports flying around...

Wake me up when 2.4 is released, I'll retry this package.

Last edited by a moderator:
does seadbeef have audioscrobbler, sorry about all the whiningi am figurung out what musicplayer I like the most. it has to scrobble :p see my sig. And I want to couple the pandora to my stereo set and play from ny nas so I tweaking the best combinations right now. thnks again for all the portage its highly apreciated :)

I tried setting a crosscompiler environment up, but im using arch, so the script to get the ipk's from anstrom repo failed to execute opkg, lol.

GizmoTheGreen said:
I tried setting a crosscompiler environment up, but im using arch, so the script to get the ipk's from anstrom repo failed to execute opkg, lol.
Sure dpkg isn't available for arch, but you may be able to tweak the script using "alien"... This is a wild guess.
The physical structure of an ipk is the same as deb (that's why cpasjuste used dpkg to unpack)

If alien don't make it, ipk file are just gzipped tar-ball containing 2 files control.gz data.tar.gz. as you guessed, you'll need to unpack the data tarball in $PNDSDK

I am trying to setup the compiler but I got some problems:

./pnd_libs.sh
Downloading and installinglua5.1.pc extra pandora libraries from angstrom repository

Downloading libts-1.0-0_1.0-r23.5.5_armv7a.ipk
Sorry, wget failed. Maybe angstrom repository is down, please try again later

in a later step, I dont know where should I put genpxml (no .sh ?) and testdata_scripts_pnd_make.sh
shoudl they be placed in ../arm-2009q3/bin/genpxml/ and ../arm-2009q3/bin/pnd_make/ ?

the third step I got error is when setup the variables:

bash: ./configure: file or directory doesnt exist
chameleon@chameleon-laptop:~/Escritorio/pandora/apps/lbreakout$ ./configure --host=arm-none-linux-gnueabi --with-gnu-ld --with-sdl-prefix=/usr/local/pandora/arm-2009q3/usr --prefix=/mnt/utmp/lbreakout2

I suppose this last error is because pnd_libs setup is incomplete

thx for your guide

chame said:
I am trying to setup the compiler but I got some problems:

./pnd_libs.sh
Downloading and installinglua5.1.pc extra pandora libraries from angstrom repository

Downloading libts-1.0-0_1.0-r23.5.5_armv7a.ipk
Sorry, wget failed. Maybe angstrom repository is down, please try again later
Beside thoses hosted by Cpasjuste (thanks for that), we took the ipk files directly from the angstrom unstable repository. As its name try to say : the packages there are updated regularly.
So you just need to find the newer library package in the angstrom repo.

chame said:
in a later step, I dont know where should I put genpxml (no .sh ?) and testdata_scripts_pnd_make.sh
shoudl they be placed in ../arm-2009q3/bin/genpxml/ and ../arm-2009q3/bin/pnd_make/ ?
Script don't requiere extention, we just put the .sh by convention. There are so many standart script that don't have an extention (adduser, addgroup, sdl-config, just to name a few) No worry there :)
You should put these 2 scripts in $PNDSDK/bin.
Also, these are just needed to package not to build.

chame said:
the third step I got error is when setup the variables:

bash: ./configure: file or directory doesnt exist
chameleon@chameleon-laptop:~/Escritorio/pandora/apps/lbreakout$ ./configure --host=arm-none-linux-gnueabi --with-gnu-ld --with-sdl-prefix=/usr/local/pandora/arm-2009q3/usr --prefix=/mnt/utmp/lbreakout2
Uncompressing lbreakout2 should have created you a lbreakout2-2.6.1 directory. the configure script is in there.

Just thought you'd like to know. I found that your PND of Deadbeef actually is writing to NAND. It puts settings in: ~/Applications/Settings

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Just thought you'd like to know. I found that your PND of Deadbeef actually is writing to NAND. It puts settings in: ~/Applications/Settings

I knew this and I though it was related to gconfd.
But I digged into the source to be sure before answering you... XDG_CONFIG_HOME is the reason of my problem. If this is set, it will be used it instead of $HOME.
I think that this more or less standard for gnome related apps...
I'll fix this once I rebuild this (mind you: I lost my hard drive last sunday, so I don't have it build on my system anymore)

sebt3 said:
God Ginrai said:

I knew this and I though it was related to gconfd.
But I digged into the source to be sure before answering you... XDG_CONFIG_HOME is the reason of my problem. If this is set, it will be used it instead of $HOME.
I think that this more or less standard for gnome related apps...
I'll fix this once I rebuild this (mind you: I lost my hard drive last sunday, so I don't have it build on my system anymore)

Thanks. Sorry to hear about your hard drive.

-God Ginrai

sebt3 said:
the nand wont be killed if you use it. but just try to not overuse it.

But if you're that paranoid, don't add and remove SD-card in your pandy : that write to nand (desktop files at least...)
But if every app uses the NAND like it is an infinite dumping ground for spraying files to it will eventually get full, then what? All of a sudden other apps will try to dump there not have the space, then fail. It would suck if users can have infinite storage with SD cards but not be able to add any more apps because the NAND is full. The Pandora is not a Palm. Palms were designed as PDAs for a smallish amount of apps. This is different.

God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai
Why couldn't setings be written to the appdata dir? It is bad enough to have that separate appdata place but NAND too? I thought that is what appdata was for so you could avoid the NAND.

DaveC said:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai
Why couldn't setings be written to the appdata dir? It is bad enough to have that separate appdata place but NAND too? I thought that is what appdata was for so you could avoid the NAND.

That's what I was implying with my post. sebt3 knows that I asked earlier whether it writes to NAND or not, so he has acknowledged that he will fix it. ;)

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
so he has acknowledged that he will fix it. ;)
Done, it's on the file archive.
Changes :
- set XDG_CONFIG_HOME so its configuration are stored in the appdata (for real this time, sorry)
- move the configuration from nand to appdata directory (see launch script below)
- Added the ability the set the socket directory (creating a socket in an aufs with FAT32 don't work, I can't get why :p )
-shrink the pnd from 8.3 to 3.5M by removing the unused stuff (statics library were 16M uncompressed, and a few more..)

launch script :
Code:
#!/bin/sh
export PATH="/mnt/utmp/deadbeef/bin:${PATH:-"/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/bin"}"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/mnt/utmp/deadbeef/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:-"/usr/lib:/lib"}"
if [ -d "$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/deadbeef" ] && [[ "$XDG_CONFIG_HOME" != "/mnt/utmp/deadbeef/data" ]];then
        mkdir -p /mnt/utmp/deadbeef/data
        mv $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/deadbeef /mnt/utmp/deadbeef/data
fi
export HOME="/mnt/utmp/deadbeef" XDG_CONFIG_HOME="/mnt/utmp/deadbeef/data"
export SDL_AUDIODRIVER="alsa"

# The socket fix
export SOCKET_DIRECTORY="/tmp/deadbeef"
mkdir -p $SOCKET_DIRECTORY
cd $HOME

exec ./bin/deadbeef $*

For those that will shoot that this script wil break if pnd_run change because of the hardcode mode... Think about this :
Code:
$ strings bin/deadbeef |grep mnt|grep dead
/mnt/utmp/deadbeef/lib/deadbeef
Yeah the path to plugins is hard coded in the binary....

EDIT2: sent patch upstream (hope for the best :p)

sebt3 said:
God Ginrai said:
so he has acknowledged that he will fix it. ;)
Done, it's on the file archive.
Changes :
- set XDG_CONFIG_HOME so its configuration are stored in the appdata (for real this time, sorry)
- move the configuration from nand to appdata directory (see launch script below)
- Added the ability the set the socket directory (creating a socket in an aufs with FAT32 don't work, I can't get why :p )
-shrink the pnd from 8.3 to 3.5M by removing the unused stuff (statics library were 16M uncompressed, and a few more..)

launch script :
Code:
#!/bin/sh
export PATH="/mnt/utmp/deadbeef/bin:${PATH:-"/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/bin"}"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/mnt/utmp/deadbeef/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:-"/usr/lib:/lib"}"
if [ -d "$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/deadbeef" ] && [[ "$XDG_CONFIG_HOME" != "/mnt/utmp/deadbeef/data" ]];then
        mkdir -p /mnt/utmp/deadbeef/data
        mv $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/deadbeef /mnt/utmp/deadbeef/data
fi
export HOME="/mnt/utmp/deadbeef" XDG_CONFIG_HOME="/mnt/utmp/deadbeef/data"
export SDL_AUDIODRIVER="alsa"

# The socket fix
export SOCKET_DIRECTORY="/tmp/deadbeef"
mkdir -p $SOCKET_DIRECTORY
cd $HOME

exec ./bin/deadbeef $*

For those that will shoot that this script wil break if pnd_run change because of the hardcode mode... Think about this :
Code:
$ strings bin/deadbeef |grep mnt|grep dead
/mnt/utmp/deadbeef/lib/deadbeef
Yeah the path to plugins is hard coded in the binary....

The version on the archive still writes to that directory. Are you sure it got uploaded?

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
The version on the archive still writes to that directory. Are you sure it got uploaded?
Well maybe ED didn't approved my edit yet....
Take a copy on my hosting then : http://sebastien.huss.free.fr/pnd/deadbeef.pnd

(warning still uploading...)

hmm any chance somebody is still wiling to look into audacious because that works much better in combination with my ftp drive. Deadbeef is slower however the last.fm plugin is working. In audacious the last.fm plugin crashes the program.

Bosbeetle said:
hmm any chance somebody is still wiling to look into audacious because that works much better in combination with my ftp drive. Deadbeef is slower however the last.fm plugin is working. In audacious the last.fm plugin crashes the program.

My last answer to you still stand :

sebt3 said:
Bosbeetle said:
This is what you get with alpha software :) (and that's why I didn't uploaded this to the FA)
I guess the bluetooth is broken even harder as configure.am have in the middle of no-where a enable_bluetooth=false so even an --enable-bluetooth won't make it.
Wake me up when 2.4 is released, I'll retry this package.

Even if i'm not using it, I'm still planning to maintain it (as many of my packages).
But if someone want to take over, please do (just send me a PM, so I'll know and I can help you as much as I can)
So wake me up once 2.4 is released.

okay i will. sorry any idea why deadbeef is slower via ftp

I have no coding skill sorry cant help in that department, i forgot about the alpha state there are so much mediaplayers around already. ill keep an eye out for 2.4

Hi,

Am I the only one being unable to stream audio from the Internet with Audacious ?

*.m3u playlists don't work for me :(

Bye, Magic Sam

Somewhere else on the forum sebt told that he is going to port the newest version of audacious when he has his pandora back, so maybe if you wait for that you get better streaming?

However I have the feeling wifi is still not completely right for streaming Ive noticed in both vlc and minitube that its not optimal

Back