Release Audacious

@ Bosbeetle: I agree that wifi is not perfect yet, but music streaming does work well with MPlayer, so I think it's more an Audacious problem. I want to add that it's not a speed issue, *.m3u playlists just don't load :(

Bye, Magic Sam

Bosbeetle said:
Somewhere else on the forum sebt told that he is going to port the newest version of audacious when he has his pandora back

I got it a few hours ago.... Here is your cookie.

Please repport on your fav' feature :p

Last edited by a moderator:
sebt3 said:
Bosbeetle said:
Somewhere else on the forum sebt told that he is going to port the newest version of audacious when he has his pandora back

I got it a few hours ago.... Here is your cookie.

Please repport on your fav' feature :p

static.gif

cookie%20monster.jpg

you will hear about scrobbling ASAP

Great update.
When you are in winampmode it doesn't show something under pluginservices.
Also the Crossfading Plugin doesn't work correctly: It pauses the playback for a second and fades then.

Would be great, when the crossfadingplugin would work nicely.

The PND doesnt work for me does it for others besides mcobit?

It does show up on the desktop :)

scrobling also doesnt seem functional.

btw sebt if I whine too much please say so.

Bosbeetle said:
As said on the other board, this is my fault : the PXML file is somewhat wrong. It does work on the desktop though.

(By the way, that one of the reason why all my release pass trough here : I always forgot something like this...)

EDIT :
Bosbeetle said:
ouch :( Sorry.
Any idea why ?

Bosbeetle said:
There is a number at the end of my nick, please use it :p Otherwise, I've no problem with you at all :)
I'm just a packager, trying to help :p

sebt3 said:
Bosbeetle said:
As said on the other board, this is my fault : the PXML file is somewhat wrong. It does work on the desktop though.

(By the way, that one of the reason why all my release pass trough here : I always forgot something like this...)

EDIT :
Bosbeetle said:
ouch :( Sorry.
Any idea why ?

Bosbeetle said:
There is a number at the end of my nick, please use it :p Otherwise, I've no problem with you at all :)
I'm just a packager, trying to help :p

I have no idea why it doesnt scrobble. And thanks for all your packaging :) sebt3

Bosbeetle said:
Its not the lack of an id3v2 tag.
I found that I disabled networking on last build :blush:

Here is a new version where the PXML is fixed and network enabled (for both streaming and scrobbling ; SSL is even there)

BTW I'm using a new hosting for my PNDs provided by the generous EvilDragon. It should be faster than my previous, and it is very comfy to use (scp with key pairing ftw :) ) thanks for that :)

sebt3 said:
Bosbeetle said:
Its not the lack of an id3v2 tag.
I found that I disabled networking on last build :blush:

Here is a new version where the PXML is fixed and network enabled (for both streaming and scrobbling ; SSL is even there)

BTW I'm using a new hosting for my PNDs provided by the generous EvilDragon. It should be faster than my previous, and it is very comfy to use (scp with key pairing ftw :) ) thanks for that :)
sebt3, thank you very much for your work, but... do you think you could possibly hide your new releases/updates a little less? It's quite the job to update the Pandorawiki lists when your newest programs are so often hidden in a reply to another thread, and neither the first post of the thread nor the file on ED's File Archive is updated...

For example, this is nice, while this is pretty hard to find!

Esn said:
sebt3, thank you very much for your work, but... do you think you could possibly hide your new releases/updates a little less? It's quite the job to update the Pandorawiki lists when your newest programs are so often hidden in a reply to another thread, and neither the first post of the thread nor the file on ED's File Archive is updated...

For example, this is nice, while this is pretty hard to find!
I've updated/created 6 PND yesterday, should I have created 6 new threads ?
About the wiki, you could remove the files from port requests pages. But I won't publish on the FA until someone actually using these stuff more than me say : everything is OK. Once in the FA, they are easy to find, no ?

But I'll do my best to put more emphase on my releases :)

scrobbling works really well, it cached even my plays from weeks ago and is now submitting them :) very nice.

dont know about the time setting yet.

Bosbeetle said:
scrobbling works really well, it cached even my plays from weeks ago and is now submitting them :) very nice.
Yeeeehaaaa, I hope you don't mind if I celebrate :)

I'm happy you have your feature and sorry to not have noticed that networking was off since the early beggining :(

Im happy too with my feature. You really made my day, especially when audacious started scrobbling the past weeks :D

Now for something different it seems that the pandora still has time issues my scrobbles all appear as if they were made 3 hours in the future. However the time is correct in the panel in the settings and even terminal 'date' gives the correct date and timezone. So somewhere the scrobblers (all 3 that are now working deadbeef, audacious and ommpc) get the incorrect time and pass that on to the last.fm servers. I don't know if this is a general flaw that I should mention in the bug tracker or that someone reading here knows how to solve it.

(I am a GMT+1, oops I just checked I am at GMT+2 (summer time))

will report back on the real offset

okay the offset is 4 hours (on ommpc its 2 hours) I dont know whats happening with time on the pandora its confusing.

made a thread about it: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/56881-the-pandora-and-time/

EvilDragon :

I tried to update the File archive with this, but all I get is this :
Code:
Software error:

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Column 'filename' cannot be null at ./pandora_admin.pl line 2465.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([no address given]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Could you do it for me using the file on my cool hosting :p

sebt3 said:
EvilDragon :

I tried to update the File archive with this, but all I get is this :
Code:
Software error:

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Column 'filename' cannot be null at ./pandora_admin.pl line 2465.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([no address given]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Could you do it for me using the file on my cool hosting :p

Aaah, all those bugs in cfiles.
Well, changed it :)
Linked directly to your webspace, so don't delete the file from there :D

BTW: Did you know Audacious on the Pandora helped me solder 800 LCD Cables so far? I don't have a PC where I'm soldering, so the Pandora plays SPCs and GSFs there :D

Last edited:
Back