Release Audacious

Interesting Player, just installed onto my new Pandora. So far the best Player I've tried. Very good Sound Quality, after I've played a little with the Equalizer. Sadly, there seem to be no presets or other options besides adjusting the Equalizer manualy. I'm not an expert in this so I just made a simple sinus curve with the peak in the middle, seems to work. ^^""
What are the best EQ settings for kinda rock music?

I'd realy appreciate it if someone who has converted the original winamp 2 skin could upload it here for me, or if that's against the rules send me a nice PM. I liked the old winamp2 but right now can't be doing with the hassle of extracting and converting.

I love audacios, thanks for the port. It plays music while my torrents download and I drift off to the land of morpheus.
:)

I noticed, that the "load presets" button in the Equalizer is not existant in the Audacious Version for the Pandora, so I can't load the presets I finaly found in the Net. ^^" Can this be fixed?

My feedback to Audacious 2.5.0.1

@Sebt3, I appreciate your app. It already is quite streamlined. In order to make it even more comfortable (especially with a close lid) I have some suggestions below. Regards!

Clicking on column header shall make it the new sort key

Currently this can only be accessed through the menu bar.

Menu items "Sort by …" should have shortcuts

Multi key sorting

Would be great if successive clicks on columns, would sort your data by these first, secondary, tertiary keys...
I.e.: Album, Artist. Genre, Artist, Date. Etc.

If Pandora is in closed-lid-mode, utilize the remaining buttons as playback control

The remaining buttons are: L + R shoulder buttons, power slider.
This general approach is already filed here.

My desired control for Audacious would be:
L + R at once: Toggle Play/Pause
L hold: fast backward
R hold: fast forward
L click: jump to previous song
R click: jump to next song
L double click: jump to previous album/artist
R double click: jump to next album/artist

Info area optionally without equalizer
I like the info area in general, but would like to have the option to show only static information, and not dynamic information such as the equalizer, in order to save computing resources.

Bug: Duplicate running instance
Occasionally I had the warning about an already running instance, although I just had booted the Pandora, so this would be impossible. The error message showed this:
Code:
Audacious seems to be already running but is not responding. You can start another instance of the program, but please be warned that this can cause data loss. If Audacious is not running, you can safely ignore this message. Press OK to start Audacious or Cancel to quit.
As pressing OK let me use Audaciaous, so this bug did not really bother me. Just wanted to add it for completeness.

porg said:
Clicking on column header shall make it the new sort key

Currently this can only be accessed through the menu bar.

Menu items "Sort by …" should have shortcuts

Multi key sorting

Would be great if successive clicks on columns, would sort your data by these first, secondary, tertiary keys...
I.e.: Album, Artist. Genre, Artist, Date. Etc.
Audacious is a living project (which I'm not part of). All I'm doing is packaging here. I'ld recommand you to ask a feature request on their forum : http://boards.audacious-media-player.org/viewforum.php?f=1
But you'll need to wait until I package the last version, so you can check if your comments still apply ;)

porg said:
If Pandora is in closed-lid-mode, utilize the remaining buttons as playback control

The remaining buttons are: L + R shoulder buttons, power slider.
In Audacious preferences, activate the global shortkey in the general plugin section and configure it to your liking ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, OK. No Pandora releated changes then?
They offer version 2.54 and 3.0, we have 3.0.1.1, I guess this is a good sign, I have actualy Version 2.50 on my Pandora. Worked good but no Equalizer presets, maybe now I can find something like this inside. ^^"

Thanks for the PND :)

fusion_power said:
Ah, OK. No Pandora releated changes then?
none, i'm just building uptream code ;)

fusion_power said:
They offer version 2.54 and 3.0, we have 3.0.1.1, I guess this is a good sign, I have actualy Version 2.50 on my Pandora. Worked good but no Equalizer presets, maybe now I can find something like this inside. ^^"
Lastest audacious release is 3.0.1, that's what we have now in the lastest PND. The last 1 is to mark that this is the first package of that version. I might do a .2 (or even a .3) if I have borked something in this build (have happened in the past ;P)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back