Atari Lynx Emu V0.03f

Thanks so much! I'm gonna try it now. If you can get this full speed with sound you'll be my hero! ;)

Actually, it does seem about full speed(at 166mhz), just needs the sound fixed and some speed improvements here and there. I never thought I'd see a Lynx emu on the GP32 this good!

I have just tried this and it is very buggy. When I load up the emu it says that I have a bad bootrom (bootrom is fine it works in previous version). When I start a game like Zendocon for example it automatically goes through the intro screens as if I am pressing a button. In the game the scrolling screen tears in blocks. it resets the GP32 too sometimes. Plus there is alot of screen flicker in many games, worse than the other version. Hope this isn't serious and can be fixed, the title screen looks nicer now with all of the colors displayed.

I've had that same bug, mentioned in the other thread, the one where the button seems to automatically press itself at a steady pace. I haven't had that bug in a long time though, still using version e.

psyched to see you are still updating this emu, one of my favorites.. ever!!

thanks so much!

bast525 posted on Mar 22 2005 at 06:46 AM said:
I've had that same bug, mentioned in the other thread, the one where the button seems to automatically press itself at a steady pace. I haven't had that bug in a long time though, still using version e.

Hi sorry, I've just looked in my sources, jupp you are right :( . You haven't got a preview picture in the game selection , or ?

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC posted on Mar 22 2005 at 03:11 AM said:
I have just tried this and it is very buggy. When I load up the emu it says that I have a bad bootrom (bootrom is fine it works in previous version). When I start a game like Zendocon for example it automatically goes through the intro screens as if I am pressing a button. In the game the scrolling screen tears in blocks. it resets the GP32 too sometimes. Plus there is alot of screen flicker in many games, worse than the other version. Hope this isn't serious and can be fixed, the title screen looks nicer now with all of the colors displayed.
Sorry', I've removed the check.. and it only says "Bootrom could be invalid." :)

Hi',

I've posted a new version in the beta-test-forum with the two small bugs mentioned above..

Sorry for the flickering isue !! I don't know the problem yet :-(

tuskenraider2k posted on Mar 22 2005 at 12:44 PM said:
Hi',

I've posted a new version in the beta-test-forum with the two small bugs mentioned above..

Sorry for the flickering isue !! I don't know the problem yet :-(

I think the flickering is a result of the bandwith to the display getting overrun. If the system is taxed too much it seems to do that. The way to avoid it is to further clean the code to make it run faster, and double buffering the display I think.

Also could you add an option in the display menu to run the emu at 1:1 resolution as well as stretched? Yes it would be small but it would be a good option to have.

Gruntfuggly posted on Mar 22 2005 at 07:50 PM said:
You can run it at 1:1 if you set the display setting to 0...

I have tried every setting and no 1:1. There is no "0" option. you do know that at 1:1 the screen only takes up 1/4 of the GP32 screen right?

DaveC posted on Mar 22 2005 at 11:10 PM said:

I have tried every setting and no 1:1. There is no "0" option. you do know that at 1:1 the screen only takes up 1/4 of the GP32 screen right?

Hmmm ... if he means editing the autorun.txt file ... I just tried it ... "0" is stretched, interlaced.

He took this feature out, it was available in previous versions.

Yes, we know how tiny it is ... but some games look better less pixelated.

TelcoLou posted on Mar 23 2005 at 04:22 AM said:
DaveC posted on Mar 22 2005 at 11:10 PM said:

Hmmm ... if he means editing the autorun.txt file ... I just tried it ... "0" is stretched, interlaced.

He took this feature out, it was available in previous versions.

Yes, we know how tiny it is ... but some games look better less pixelated.

I wonder why it was taken out? There is an option for "nothing" which literally is nothing, no graphics not too useful. Maybe that should be replaced with 1:1.

Ah sorry - I didn't realise it had been removed. It was very small, but still playable. It's the same size as the game window shrinks to when you go to the menu...

Gruntfuggly posted on Mar 23 2005 at 09:17 AM said:
Ah sorry - I didn't realise it had been removed. It was very small, but still playable. It's the same size as the game window shrinks to when you go to the menu...

It would be cool if the 1:1 lynx display could be in the center of the screen surrounded by a graphic image of the lynx, so it looks like you are holding a lynx.

Tuskenraider: if you added that feature I would draw up a background for the lynx frame in that mode :)

i also found another little error:

after you loaded a quicksave, if you go back into the menu and chose savegame and return without saving the game, the option quickload is gone.
i recognized it while i was cheating :rolleyes: in california games and pressed savegame by accident instead of quicksave.

I just want to say thank you :). Probably like others here, I used to own (actually, I still have it somewhere) an Atari Lynx and being able to play it on the GP32 is awesome. Gates of Zendicon, Todd's Adventure... wicked.

:)

Back