[Application] SOLEIL

I released the alpha build to donators.

I'm now cleaning up the basic stuff/functionalities, and will polish them a bit.

Once done, i'll jump into the real part of this project.

DSC05507.JPG

Indeed, there's some RAM testing in it.

No need a program to destruct a computer ^^. A good hammer is sufficient !

Well...with this kind of pnd and a little timer perhaps, you could send pandora-b ombs (maybe Mr.C would get some more for free this way). *g*

Last edited by a moderator:
Cleanups finished.

And big part phase 1 completed.

Here's the most dramatic screenshot ever:

DSC05513.JPG

Not really worked today (corrected one bug), but i integrated a splash screen.

May be temporary until ED's final choice:

splash.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing special to show today. Just worked a bit on the system part, corrected a few bugs, added some stuff.

May some kind of SO with very very low resource usage which loads a default game on the SD to release the full power of the pandora?

100% of resources to the game, cause the SO is just a slim line between game and machine!

Something like the old-fashioned gaming console style.

Probably my last screenshot before the first release.

Should be obvious now.

DSC05516.JPG

I'm preparing the ALPHA2 release. Will upload soon, meanwhile, here's the spoiler and procedure.

What it does:
It's a SL4P, acting as a PXE server, so you can boot x86 computers with it.

You have a bunch of integrated tools to repair, clone, test.

But the main goal is to have a portable workstation. You work on the Pandora everywhere, and when you have access to a x86, you boot it with your Pandora and continue to work on a big screen, accessing all data on your OP account/shared folder.

Also, you can boot a whole network with the OP.

It's part of the setup i created at work, which booted 300 student's PC.

A 16G card or more is needed.
Follow the standard SL4P installation procedure.

A usb-ethernet adapter is needed + a crossover cable. A normal may work, depending of your setup.

You have to edit /etc/dhcpd.conf, and replace the 00:00:00:00:00:00 MAC with your PC' one.

Then reboot.

Connect all, set up your PC to boot over ethernet.
Boot SL4P, create user, then boot the PC.

Actually, these are the current choices, and state:
-slackware: 32bit bootable, persistent filesystem. works.
-slackware 32bit and 64bit, installers. boot works, but no install media for now
-dynebolic: based on debian, music-centric distro. Needs 2G ram (not tested yet, should work).
-system rescue cd: gentoo-based. tools for repairs. works. filesystem download seems erratic, but it's ok.
-gparted: debian-based. tool to format/resize partitions. works
-ghost for linux: tool to backup hard drives, partitions and files. works. needs a ftp server not enabled yet.
-diagnostic tools, different versions of memtest, and a hardware viewer.

-local boot: boot the local hard drive.

-readme: anger vs the bad guys.

-reboot: works.

-power off: should work on apm enabled machines.

The image is less than 4G.

My build system is versatile, SOLEIL can be built from a PC (fast) or the Pandora (very slow), and i plan to integrate it into standard SL4P releases, at least as a package.

Back