Anyone Get There Tracking/shipping Email Yet?

Here in England it's mandatory by law to respect the order of a queue. If you don't, I believe the Queen has the right to personally cut your fingers off.

But in all seriousness, it's highly offensive to jump the queue round these parts.

As I heard on the radio tonight. These four things makes you truly British!

1. Queuing
  2. Complaining
  3. Complaining about queuing
  4. Queuing to complain

Gruso said:
See the angst caused by bugging Jacquelyn for queue positions? See?!

I image she put those requests in a queue. I wonder what order they're in?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:

Yeah... the queue thing probably went completely out the window when ED said he'd delay the German Pandas until he got back.

We all need to not worry about being before other people. We've waited all this time, what's another month or so? In a few months we'll all be on equal ground with our Pandoras and we'll all be happy again :D

(*hopes for queue error in his favor* :p )

Mantis said:
hosant said:
So, what's the ETA for the one sin the high 3000's? Jule?

What's that, a cross between June and July? Anyway, even though nobody will probably know the answer, I'm interested in this too. I'm 3900-4000.

The reply I got back when preordering in late March said that they'd expect Pandoras preordered at that time to be shipped 2-4 weeks after the first ones. However, I'm guessing that response was contingent on them having all of the boards and cases, and I don't think that's the case. Boards are being produced at a slower rate than originally thought (which is fine, since it's to ensure there are no DOAs), and they waited on having all the cases made at once to make sure they were all up to snuff (which is also good).

I would say 1 month at least, 2 months at most.

SomeGuy99 said:
Gruso said:

"...#2 you're 31, #12 you're $33, #9 you're #17... wait, I might have gotten some of those wrong."

Alpha2 said:
SomeGuy99 said:
Gruso said:

"...#2 you're 31, #12 you're $33, #9 you're #17... wait, I might have gotten some of those wrong."
"I am not a number! I'm a free man!"

I order the last day of the pre-order extension (4th of October or something). So I am definitely in the 2nd sub-batch. Further, I order at ED's shop so I have to wait anyways. However, keep cool guys. My advice to emil, and only to him because he was told he is #9, send openpanorasales a NICE email and ask them. They might clear it up for you. Maybe they just overlooked your payment? ;)

I DEMAND that everyone who got the shipping confirmation eMail gets a web cam and a youtube / vimeo account and prepares for unboxing vids. :eek:

Creature XL said:
"I am not a number! I'm a free man!"
I dunno. I might be willing to put up with the complete loss of my individuality and sense of self if I could be #6 on the pre-order list.

Creature XL said:
.........told he is #9, send openpanorasales a NICE email and ask them.

How come I read that as openarseholes?

Theory : Might they be skipping people who ordered some accessory that's not ready yet?

Well, once upon a time it was an outcome I couldn't call. But now I'm reasonably certain that I will have an iPad before my Pandora. If anyone in/near the Norwich area gets one, I'll buy you a beer in exchange for a photo-shoot.

Pull out the quotes:

Before initial ordering even started:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/43155-payment-process-once-pre-orders-start/page__view__findpost__p__628186
craigix said:
It will be the same as the GP2X one was, you can use pretty much any payment method (phone up if you want to arrange something special) and once you have paid you are in the queue and will get your unit in order.

We won't take pre-orders however until we are happy with everything. Which will probably be when everything is running in a better way than the GP2X does
<

Before re-pre-ordering:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/45662-credit-card-orders/page__view__findpost__p__677537
craigix said:
Also remember that you won't lose your place in the queue and work continues full time while all this is happening

Stating how people will move up the queue as others drop out:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/45767-reordering-update/page__view__findpost__p__680470
craigix said:
Thanks to those of you who are going to do the transfer anyway, I don't mind signing all your cases
<
and if people are going to drop out obviously you will have moved up the queue too.

Don't worry - we are not going to be beaten by a bunch of bankers
<

Also, queue positions seem to be by shop, not global:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51984-is-it-still-possible-to-preorder-for-first-batch/page__view__findpost__p__814906
craigix said:
r00tw00t said:
When people are canceling their orders does this mean my position in the queue decreases?

It does yes, but remember I'm not the only place taking orders, so we cannot give you a perfect estimation of where you are in the queue, only where you stand in our queue.

though that could be just a rumour/things change.

WoD said:
Well, once upon a time it was an outcome I couldn't call. But now I'm reasonably certain that I will have an iPad before my Pandora. If anyone in/near the Norwich area gets one, I'll buy you a beer in exchange for a photo-shoot.

I work in Norwich WoD and Jacquelyn volunteered my position as 200-300 (i.e. I didn't ask for it) just the other day when I changed my address. If my Pandora arrives next week you could be in luck. The following week I'm on holiday :)

AquaAnalogue said:
Yeah... the queue thing probably went completely out the window when ED said he'd delay the German Pandas until he got back.

Yes didn't he also say that he was arriving in England on Monday, and leaving the following Tuesday with Pandoras for all of his customers? That's about 700, right? If that's the case I guess there won't be many Pandoras shipping to Craig's customers next week...

Pleng said:
AquaAnalogue said:

Yes didn't he also say that he was arriving in England on Monday, and leaving the following Tuesday with Pandoras for all of his customers? That's about 700, right? If that's the case I guess there won't be many Pandoras shipping to Craig's customers next week...
No, he will not leave with Pandora for *all* his costumers. He will leave with the fraction of Pandora that are for his shop and he most likely will already send a package to his home address using UPS where his girlfriend will package things. The amount he gets is most likely something like (700/4000)* "# of assembled Pandora" (either 700 if the other populated boards have not arrived in time or 1000 since it is unlikely that new cases will arrive in time). So yeah, ~17.5% of the assembled Pandora will probably be for EDs shop and for him to distribute.

Ivanovic said:
Pleng said:
AquaAnalogue said:

No, he will not leave with Pandora for *all* his costumers. He will leave with the fraction of Pandora that are for his shop and he most likely will already send a package to his home address using UPS where his girlfriend will package things. The amount he gets is most likely something like (700/4000)* "# of assembled Pandora" (either 700 if the other populated boards have not arrived in time or 1000 since it is unlikely that new cases will arrive in time). So yeah, ~17.5% of the assembled Pandora will probably be for EDs shop and for him to distribute.
There are only 1000 Pandoras to assemble in the UK (currently), so there is NOOOOOOOOO WAAAAAAAAAAY he will be taking 75% of those back home with him!!!!

Back