Anyone Get There Tracking/shipping Email Yet?

Azure said:
Hah, sorry if I caused a little trouble. I was also very much surprised to get an e-mail telling me my unit shipped. Believe it or not, I'd actually prefer it if my unit *didn't* ship this early as I expected it to ship a week from now at the earliest and planned accordingly. I arranged to go home this weekend, but the shipping address is for my apartment in Berkeley (and I've missed countless packages from UPS here and had them returned to shipper...). I really wish I would have gotten a heads-up that my unit was being built or going to ship somewhat soon so I could have changed the shipping address >_<

So yeah, please don't hate me, I wish I wasn't in this situation and have to face the very real possibility of not being there when my Pandora gets delivered (and possibly returned to the UK :eek: ).

We're not angry at you. I am happy that you are getting your Pandora. I'm just worried about what this means for the order of everyone else's shipments.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Azure said:
Hah, sorry if I caused a little trouble. I was also very much surprised to get an e-mail telling me my unit shipped. Believe it or not, I'd actually prefer it if my unit *didn't* ship this early as I expected it to ship a week from now at the earliest and planned accordingly. I arranged to go home this weekend, but the shipping address is for my apartment in Berkeley (and I've missed countless packages from UPS here and had them returned to shipper...). I really wish I would have gotten a heads-up that my unit was being built or going to ship somewhat soon so I could have changed the shipping address >_<

So yeah, please don't hate me, I wish I wasn't in this situation and have to face the very real possibility of not being there when my Pandora gets delivered (and possibly returned to the UK :eek: ).

I would call OP and see if you can get a tracking number and then call UPS if they can keep it in a postoffice or any storage place nearby.

I´m supposed to be somewhere between 300-400. So if I´m lucky I might get my pandora just in time for my birthday 10:th June. :)

That would be nice!!!

Surprisingly....i just don't have received any email.... very very strange

I'm on 3900 queue position ......

....LOL ...i just kidding :p

Anyway congrats to the OP team ....and who is receiving a Pandora very soon...

Moxie said:
Guys'n'gals, there are pandoras being mailed out.
No need to include gals in this. :p We're perfectly relaxed. I'm just really happy to see them going out!

Endurion said:
I´m supposed to be somewhere between 300-400. So if I´m lucky I might get my pandora just in time for my birthday 10:th June. :)

That would be nice!!!

ah you are 1day and x years younger/older than me

I hope to get mine for my birthday as well

Bosbeetle said:
Endurion said:

That would be nice!!!

born 1974 .... and you are x years and 1 day + or - or both ? :lol:

also, congratulations in advance :)

Edit: meaning if I´m younger you were born 9:th and if older you were born 11:th... just kidding... or trying to.

Alpha2 said:
For all we knew the computer spit out random order numbers but lists them numerically.

I'm pretty sure that would be illegal. Order numbers don't have to be strictly sequential but IIRC they do have to be logically and reproducably created, easily sortable, in UK business IIRC.

Endurion said:
Bosbeetle said:
Endurion said:

That would be nice!!!

born 1974 .... and you are x years and 1 day + or - or both ? :lol:

also, congratulations in advance :)

Edit: meaning if I´m younger you were born 9:th and if older you were born 11:th... just kidding... or trying to.

I was born in 81 so still a yougin, and the 11th

Vlynndar said:
FILO, anyone?
Sounds reasonable, people who's waited longest obviously has a lot of patiences

Look at the bright site - if you get yours later you'll get an unit with more polished software (as opposed needing to update).

notaz said:
Look at the bright site - if you get yours later you'll get an unit with more polished software (as opposed needing to update).
+1

I've pre-ordered from EDs Shop. He told us that he has ~700 pre orders, I'm around 500 so I'm in the last 3rd of the Pre orders but it's ok. I'm happy for everyone who gets his Pandora. And whoever has his unit and can code nice things for us then he should do it. ;)

Moxie said:
I really don't get this. Ohh, my number is lower than his, and he got an email and not me, and Craig doesn't love me anymore, and...Like, maybe, relax a little? Guys'n'gals, there are pandoras being mailed out. They are actually (or at least apparently) done. You will hold one in your hands, eventually, not too far away from now. And they seem to be going more or less by the list. That is good.

So, someone had heard that he was in the 500s or whatever, and has gotten a shipping email? This means that:

* When that person checked his place in the queue, Jaquelin gave him the wrong estimate
...or
* When that person read/heard the estimate, he misunderstood something
...or
* When Craig&Co printed out a list of orders to be processed today, someone slipped in that shouldn't have
...or
* That person is just trolling to rile y'all up
...or a load of other reasons, including the reasons given above about different ways of counting and who knows what the bank debacle did to the lists and whatever. There are, as someone noted, too little information to give a certain assessment, but at least it seems that most of those (few) that have actually posted that they've gotten an email where actually known to be in the beginning of the line. That seems to make it likely that the order is mostly followed.

Seriously, this is like a henhouse. A slight uncertainty that isn't immediately explained, and everybody starts to panic, cackle and flap their wings furiously. It is understandable after so long a time, but really, people - Relax.

First off, as I have said several times, I was told a few months ago that I was #9 in the queue. Pretty hard to misunderstand that, and well after the banking debacle was sorted out. Yes, it's possible that Jacquelyn had been giving the wrong estimates, that is a possibility. However, according to pre-order confirmation e-mail times, I was in 45 minutes before at least one of the people that got the shipping e-mail today. It is also possible that there was an issue today with the e-mails being sent, I would not be surprised if this were the case.

Regardless, we were told over and over again that they were going to follow the order in which our pre-orders were placed. This, from what I can tell, does not seem to be happening.

Aside from being frustrated, it puts a lot of people up in the air for trying to figure out when they'll get their units. If we throw the queue order out the window, that might mean that I'm going to need to wait another 2 months, while somebody that ordered yesterday might get theirs on Tuesday. This is compounded by the fact that currently, they only have the parts to build 700 units, and after that who knows what sort of delays could happen.

I would also like to say that I am in no way angry at those receiving their units, nor am I really angry at all. I'm just frustrated that there had to be yet another bump in the road, and I'd like to know what's going on.

notaz said:

I was one of the people who ordered a first edition GP2X. I quite enjoyed the flow of emulators and new games coming out at the beginning. I would love to experience that with my Pandora.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
notaz said:

I was one of the people who ordered a first edition GP2X. I quite enjoyed the flow of emulators and new games coming out at the beginning. I would love to experience that with my Pandora.

-God Ginrai

I would love that too. Nevertheless, not having to worry about software upgrades is still a bright side.

emil10001 said:
First off, as I have said several times, I was told a few months ago that I was #9 in the queue. Pretty hard to misunderstand that, and well after the banking debacle was sorted out. Yes, it's possible that Jacquelyn had been giving the wrong estimates, that is a possibility. However, according to pre-order confirmation e-mail times, I was in 45 minutes before at least one of the people that got the shipping e-mail today. It is also possible that there was an issue today with the e-mails being sent, I would not be surprised if this were the case.

Regardless, we were told over and over again that they were going to follow the order in which our pre-orders were placed. This, from what I can tell, does not seem to be happening.

Aside from being frustrated, it puts a lot of people up in the air for trying to figure out when they'll get their units. If we throw the queue order out the window, that might mean that I'm going to need to wait another 2 months, while somebody that ordered yesterday might get theirs on Tuesday. This is compounded by the fact that currently, they only have the parts to build 700 units, and after that who knows what sort of delays could happen.

I would also like to say that I am in no way angry at those receiving their units, nor am I really angry at all. I'm just frustrated that there had to be yet another bump in the road, and I'd like to know what's going on.

x2

+1

im overjoyed they are shipping but from being excited as I was real early ordering am now worried it might still be 2 months for me and the other 3000 even thougn I was in the early 100's of first orderers

@ God Ginrai
Yeah... getting emulator updates and trying them out, changing options and getting old favorites working was great on GP2X, almost as entertaining as playing stuff. Cant wait!!! Im really looking forward to it all!

Good luck everyone! :)

hosant said:
So, what's the ETA for the one sin the high 3000's? Jule?

What's that, a cross between June and July? Anyway, even though nobody will probably know the answer, I'm interested in this too. I'm 3900-4000.

Back