Anyone Received Their Email Confirmation Yet?

I emailed them(gp2x.co.uk) on the 26th, about changing my delivery adress, still havent recived a reply.
Do you think they somehow missed my email? Anyone know how long it usualy takes for them to answer emails?
Also I ordered mine on the 22nd when they had server problems so i hope nothing went wrong with my order(They did charge my visa so i guess it got thru to them). I dont want to send them any more emails becase i know they are working their asses off, but you know...Im kinda impatient.

donjj posted on May 30 2006 at 05:31 PM said:
I've been told that Lik Sang's MK2 batch for May was already sold out while it was still on pre-order, and the next shipment is supposed to arrive early June.

I think they were sold out of the original one when I ordered it, because they asked me to order the MK2 instead of the original when they ran out of stock, so they're still filling orders that they took for the original I imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Esslan posted on May 30 2006 at 03:01 PM said:
I emailed them(gp2x.co.uk) on the 26th, about changing my delivery adress, still havent recived a reply.
Do you think they somehow missed my email? Anyone know how long it usualy takes for them to answer emails?
Also I ordered mine on the 22nd when they had server problems so i hope nothing went wrong with my order(They did charge my visa so i guess it got thru to them). I dont want to send them any more emails becase i know they are working their asses off, but you know...Im kinda impatient.

I got my confirmation email today, so fingers crossed it wont be too long now.. :)

I also had to change my delivery address a while ago when I ordered. I didn't get an email back so I rang and found that they had apparently already changed the address. Best bet is to ring them for something like address change, then you know for sure.

addy posted on May 30 2006 at 02:29 PM said:
Hi, I am hoping to buy a GP2X in the UK and was wondering if the ones for sale on iwantoneofthose.com (IWOOT) are the 2nd Edition or not ?

Does anyone have any experience with this supplier ?

Cheers
Addy.

Just got this answer from IWOOT support;

Hi David

Thanks for your e-mail.

We are now stocking the GP2X Mk2 Model.
I hope that helps and please let me know if I can help further.

Kind regards

Matt Rudge
Customer Services Consultant​

Woohoo! Just recieved an email telling me my order had been sent (gp2x.co.uk).

I placed my order on Tues 16th May so it's taken a few days :) should be here tomorrow so I'll get to spend a good six/seven hours looking at the box in work before I get to play on it...

if i place an order now,
when do you think i will get it, im not in too much of a hurry
cos everyone seems to have got theirs last few days
so would there be left over units or would i have to wait for the next batch? Gimme your guess as to when i would recieve it, if i ordered today
thanks

freddykreuger666 posted on May 31 2006 at 12:54 PM said:
if i place an order now,
when do you think i will get it, im not in too much of a hurry
cos everyone seems to have got theirs last few days
so would there be left over units or would i have to wait for the next batch? Gimme your guess as to when i would recieve it, if i ordered today
thanks

If you ordered today possibly this week, Friday/Saturday earliest. Probably next week though.

If you do order one could you do it through the link in my signature? I get £7 for each person who orders it from there.

Got mine last Friday there and I have to say I am quite impressed.

Screen quality is impressive, although the slider that affects the lcd in the settings screen appears to do nothing on mine :huh: . Unfortunatly t suffers the same problem as my DS, PSP and NeoGeo Colour Pocket as soon as teh sun hits it its practically unusable. I was trying to play Monkey Island on it using the SCUMMVM emulator and I had to just turn it off as I couldnt see alot of the detail. It's great being able to play Day of the Tentacle on my 32" TV though :D .

The only real criticism I have is the volume control, everytime you turn it off and back on again the volume goes back to a pre-set level and the lack of a mute problem can be a bit embarissing at times on the train, but im sure I can live with it.

Overall, I think this is a great wee machine. So far I have only tried the MegaDrive emu (which is perfect), the neogeo emulator (having problems getting it to run smooth with sound while overclocked to 250MHZ), the Amiga emulator (only got one game to run so far), the Atari ST emulator (Stunt Car Racer on the move!) and finally the SCUMMVM emu.

So much potential for something so small and affordable.

Finally got my confirmation Just now (2am) - though it was dated at 5pm on Wednesday. Hopefully will arrive on Thursday!

I ordered it last Wednesday (28th) so a week and a day all in all. Hopefully this'll help those of you that have ordered around then and wondering when it'll arrive!!!

Ubersnug posted on May 31 2006 at 12:46 PM said:
the neogeo emulator (having problems getting it to run smooth with sound while overclocked to 250MHZ),

BIG GNGeo hint: change the sound sample rate in the config (can't remember the exact name, just load all of the config files and look for one with the sample rate in it and then change it) to 11025 KHz from 22050 KHz. With this many games are quite playable at 200 MHz WITH sound. The sound is slightly more aliasy but it is still good and much better than playing silent or choppy.

BIG GNGeo hint: change the sound sample rate in the config (can't remember the exact name, just load all of the config files and look for one with the sample rate in it and then change it) to 11025 KHz from 22050 KHz. With this many games are quite playable at 200 MHz WITH sound. The sound is slightly more aliasy but it is still good and much better than playing silent or choppy.

I'm already using the RAGE front end for the Neo Geo emulator and have reduced the sound to 11025KHz and quite a few games are still moving at less that 5fps, metal slug for example, which is a damn shame. I have no problems playing it without sound but it loses some of the appeal.

I've just tried it on the same settings and get around 20fps (although it drops to 10fps at times). Are you definitely saving the settings with the A button in Rage? What can yours overclock too, by the way?

I've just tried it on the same settings and get around 20fps (although it drops to 10fps at times). Are you definitely saving the settings with the A button in Rage? What can yours overclock too, by the way?

I am saving it by pressing the A button. I can get mine to overclock to 250 no problem. I tried overclocking it to 260+ using the UAE4ALL emulator and it just crashed my GP2X.

Is it 5fps at its best, or do you get higher when there are less enemies on the screen? I'll have a mess about with the settings to see if I can get my framerate to drop on Metal Slug 1 running at 250Mhz. We should be getting the same framerate, shouldn't we??

addy posted on May 30 2006 at 05:24 PM said:
addy posted on May 30 2006 at 02:29 PM said:
Hi, I am hoping to buy a GP2X in the UK and was wondering if the ones for sale on iwantoneofthose.com (IWOOT) are the 2nd Edition or not ?

Does anyone have any experience with this supplier ?

Cheers
Addy.

Just got this answer from IWOOT support;

Hi David

Thanks for your e-mail.

We are now stocking the GP2X Mk2 Model.
I hope that helps and please let me know if I can help further.

Kind regards

Matt Rudge
Customer Services Consultant​

Scratch that, I tried to buy a MK2 from IWOOT this morning and they said the warehouse had just informed them that the new stock they received are actually MK1. There is also an issue with the supplied CDROMs not working correctly.

I wonder where IWOOT got there stock from; gp2x.co.uk or GPH directly ?

Anyway, I'm gonna try and find a MK2 from somewhere else ...

Cheers
Addy.

Is it 5fps at its best, or do you get higher when there are less enemies on the screen? I'll have a mess about with the settings to see if I can get my framerate to drop on Metal Slug 1 running at 250Mhz. We should be getting the same framerate, shouldn't we??

Well when it first starts im getting about 20fps but as soon as the game starts its dropping to around the 5-10 fps mark.

Even Turf masters runs a bit laggy with the same settings.

kidcapricorn posted on May 30 2006 at 11:48 AM said:
Ordered mine Tues/Weds of last week, and they said it would go out "early" this week. I'm hoping they will have got more of a handle on orders over the long weekend, so am crossing fingers i'll see my GP2X before the weekend...

...more news as it happens...

Lo... e-mail confirmation yesterday avo. GP2X arrived this morning. Yes.

Haven't even switched the blighter on yet, as i'm at work...

Just need to borrow an SD card til mine arrives from eBay.... bah...

Wooha.
:D

Ok, so I see that gadget-garage.co.uk are selling the MK2 in the UK. But they say;

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS THE JAPANESE VERSION CONSOLE

But what does that mean ?

Does anyone know if this seller is for real ... he looks to be very new business and hides behind a Paypal account which doesn't fill me full of confidence.

Cheers
Addy.

Ok, so I see that gadget-garage.co.uk are selling the MK2 in the UK. But they say;

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS THE JAPANESE VERSION CONSOLE

But what does that mean ?

Does anyone know if this seller is for real ... he looks to be very new business and hides behind a Paypal account which doesn't fill me full of confidence.

Cheers
Addy.

Sounds like misinformation, either conciously or subconciously on their part. GPH are Korean.

I'd stick with GP2X.co.uk if I was you. They're main guy Craig is a regular round here as you will no doubt discover. Tried and tested.

Back