Anyone Get There Tracking/shipping Email Yet?

Patrick R Ludvigsen said:
Yeah, the queue doesn't count too much, all I hope for is that mine doesn't arrive to house while I'm on vacation :)
Where is this logic coming from? There's 700 boards 1000 cases currently. The queue better matter.

WTF

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I'd be in the last 100 in the queue when I ordered and got confirmation on 11/10/09. I asked a short while ago and I've now been estimated at 2200-2300 so I think if that's happened just for me (and of course it won't be uniform) then that goes to explain why I've moved up so much. A lot of people haven't waited, never completed or something else.

I think OP know that if they didn't broadly respect the queue it'd upset a lot of people. Especially those who ordered in 2008.

Just chill, and wait for your Pandora :)

if it's anything like their other attempts at automated mailing then it's probably SNAFU, I subscribed to the updates mailing list, and never even got the confirmation, never mind the 2 test mails Craig sent, with their database skills, he's probably now resorted to working out of a wrinkled old W.H.Smith notebook with the pages falling out, lots of names crossed out where they cancelled, cryptic notes in the margins, interspersed with shopping lists and recipes for raman and vodka curry etc

so you MIGHT be getting a parcel and not even know it until you notice a limp jiffy bag hanging from your letterbox :unsure:

then again, with such stunning organisational skills, it does leave room for hope, I think I'm just gonna check my mail again (even though I am around 1800) :D

Is there perhaps a similarity of shipping method that people used when ordering? Are there emails from different shippers, or would they be all from say UPS or whatever. Since that could explain some inconsistencies, at least a bit, as there may just be a pickup from one of the shipping companies. I would think it could influence it somewhat. :)

hobbyman II said:
if it's anything like their other attempts at automated mailing then it's probably SNAFU, I subscribed to the updates mailing list, and never even got the confirmation, never mind the 2 test mails Craig sent, with their database skills, he's probably now resorted to working out of a wrinkled old W.H.Smith notebook with the pages falling out, lots of names crossed out where they cancelled, cryptic notes in the margins, interspersed with shopping lists and recipes for raman and vodka curry etc

so you MIGHT be getting a parcel and not even know it until you notice a limp jiffy bag hanging from your letterbox :unsure:

then again, with such stunning organisational skills, it does leave room for hope, I think I'm just gonna check my mail again (even though I am around 1800) :D

This would not surprise me at all. Especially if they are trying to automate the shipping e-mails somehow. I'm going to hope that this is the situation and put my fingers in my ears until Tuesday. I think it's probably safe to say that if you haven't gotten an e-mail by now, you're probably not going to get one until Monday. (Assuming that either they aren't working over the weekend, or if they are, that UPS does not do pickups on Saturday.)

Gruso said:
Fucking awesome to see some emails going out! Congrats guys. :D
Hey Gruso, welcome to the party! It got a little morose in here already...

Hah, sorry if I caused a little trouble. I was also very much surprised to get an e-mail telling me my unit shipped. Believe it or not, I'd actually prefer it if my unit *didn't* ship this early as I expected it to ship a week from now at the earliest and planned accordingly. I arranged to go home this weekend, but the shipping address is for my apartment in Berkeley (and I've missed countless packages from UPS here and had them returned to shipper...). I really wish I would have gotten a heads-up that my unit was being built or going to ship somewhat soon so I could have changed the shipping address >_<

So yeah, please don't hate me, I wish I wasn't in this situation and have to face the very real possibility of not being there when my Pandora gets delivered (and possibly returned to the UK :eek: ).

I really don't get this. Ohh, my number is lower than his, and he got an email and not me, and Craig doesn't love me anymore, and...Like, maybe, relax a little? Guys'n'gals, there are pandoras being mailed out. They are actually (or at least apparently) done. You will hold one in your hands, eventually, not too far away from now. And they seem to be going more or less by the list. That is good.

So, someone had heard that he was in the 500s or whatever, and has gotten a shipping email? This means that:

* When that person checked his place in the queue, Jaquelin gave him the wrong estimate
...or
* When that person read/heard the estimate, he misunderstood something
...or
* When Craig&Co printed out a list of orders to be processed today, someone slipped in that shouldn't have
...or
* That person is just trolling to rile y'all up
...or a load of other reasons, including the reasons given above about different ways of counting and who knows what the bank debacle did to the lists and whatever. There are, as someone noted, too little information to give a certain assessment, but at least it seems that most of those (few) that have actually posted that they've gotten an email where actually known to be in the beginning of the line. That seems to make it likely that the order is mostly followed.

Seriously, this is like a henhouse. A slight uncertainty that isn't immediately explained, and everybody starts to panic, cackle and flap their wings furiously. It is understandable after so long a time, but really, people - Relax.

sebt3 said:
Canguy said:
I am #68 and still no email.
Only the first 50 should have one (as only 50 have been sent).... You're in next sub-batch (I guess monday)
Craig said yesterday they were sending at least 50, but that's no guarantee that they did, and they could just as well have sent out more.

Back