Any News On The 200 Craig Said Would Ship This Week

you mean like this guy?
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/56106-finally-got-my-pandora/
theyre being shipped little by little, just cause theres not some HUGE amount of threads about new ordered received doesnt mean theyre not

Last edited by a moderator:
Any ideas where we are in the queue for Craig's line? My spot in the 700s still seems a bit off.

I dont now meybe i miss understand it: what dos mean "in the next Batch"? Because: The 4000 Pandora are the First Batch,
Or are they in the Sub Batch and the next Boards they come, are 500???

Thats Confuse me abit..

500 + 200 = 700

700 / 4 = 175 to EvilDragon :)

greendots said:
Any ideas where we are in the queue for Craig's line? My spot in the 700s still seems a bit off.

We've not reached my spot at 400 yet (well, I'm allegedly 400-500, so go figure).

D.

matzesu said:
I dont now meybe i miss understand it: what dos mean "in the next Batch"? Because: The 4000 Pandora are the First Batch,
Or are they in the Sub Batch and the next Boards they come, are 500???

Thats Confuse me abit..

500 + 200 = 700

700 / 4 = 175 to EvilDragon :)

The first batch of Pandoras have already shipped. All those that managed to get their preorder in quick enough already have their pandoras. The rest of us that managed to get in on batch 2 are still waiting.

D.

I tough its the First Batch of the First Batch, meybe whe schould call it Batch 1.1, all from these 4000 (or less) Pandora Units dos have a "First Batch" Sticker on it, so i think Craig dos mean the next Batch of Boards from this First Batch(tm) of Pandoras.. (hope the next batch behind this next batch are 500 to, so i get my unit)

Dunny said:
greendots said:

We've not reached my spot at 400 yet (well, I'm allegedly 400-500, so go figure).

D.
350-450
16:20 UTC

still nothing, allow emailed last week, i should be in this batch
dont know how i feel, missing out new nubs by 1 week (ah well)

Don't forget some of those 700 are RMA units, etc.
More closely, it's something between 650 - 700 shipped.

Also, some guys did order more than one unit, so with one order number, some have 5 Pandoras...

EvilDragon said:
Don't forget some of those 700 are RMA units, etc.
More closely, it's something between 650 - 700 shipped.

Also, some guys did order more than one unit, so with one order number, some have 5 Pandoras...

Forgot about multiple orders
what is depressing me is seeing all these RMA units(im assuming this means returns)
probably best for them simply to tell you whats wrong, and wait a while till production gets a bit faster (if ever)
that way they too will have all the fixes done, i think a few people have sent several units back (probably wouldnt have happened if they waited for the fixes to be sorted out)

Btw i totally understand people wanting to get their units fixed as fast as possibly, just a bit annoying when you hear so many of them in one go (not that theres lots of RMA)

emcp said:
i think a few people have sent several units back (probably wouldnt have happened if they waited for the fixes to be sorted out)
Except, how were some of us to even know, for example, that the nub company had made errors in the manufacture of the nubs, exactly? ;) Do you think I, for example, expected to have to send two units back? There's *no way* that one could have been avoided.

It's all well and good saying the above with the benefit of hindsight, but at the time the existence of the tolerance issue from this example wasn't even known. :p

EDIT: And even in that case, a month of waiting went by with the second return for the fully-tested nubs, as well. :p

Prometheus said:
emcp said:
i think a few people have sent several units back (probably wouldnt have happened if they waited for the fixes to be sorted out)
Except, how were some of us to even know, for example, that the nub company had made errors in the manufacture of the nubs, exactly? ;) Do you think I, for example, expected to have to send two units back? There's *no way* that one could have been avoided.

It's all well and good saying the above with the benefit of hindsight, but at the time the existence of the tolerance issue from this example wasn't even known. :p

EDIT: And even in that case, a month of waiting went by with the second return for the fully-tested nubs, as well. :p

Production should speed up once all the smaller details are out of the way, and once all the tested and new nubs can get out. I'm pretty glad that all these shipments and returns are happening. With each one, the Pandora gets more and more polished as a device.

WizardStan said:
kuru said:
Is this question based on the knowledge that the nub producer has found what went wrong?
Craig said they've increased (or is that decreased?) the tolerance in their tests, so they're probably junking more at the factory and passing along consistently better ones. They may not have been looking for a problem, just a solution; if extra testing is the solution and they don't care about why they need to do the extra testing, that's good enough for me.

Prometheus said:
I'm pretty sure that ED mentioned that they were stress-testing them very ferociously now. :)

EDIT: Bah, ninja'd. That was meant to add to Stan's point. :p

Maybe the stress-testing itself helps rule out the defective nubs. I found this article:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb3367/is_n21_v34/ai_n28649499/

It gets very technical half-way thru the first page, but theres some interesting details before that:
Quantitative model relating electrical resistance said:
The results of these studies have shown that:

1) Strain level affects significantly the electrical resistivity.

2) Virgin (previously unloaded) conductive elastomers undergo an irreversible process when loaded, therefore their electrical response in subsequent loading cycles may not be predicted.

3) Electrical response of conductive elastomers can be stabilized by mechanical preconditioning applying cycling loading procedures. Conductivity properties of mechanically stabilized specimens are nearly reversible when subjected to strains below 50% of the previous preconditioning strain.

4) In relaxation experiments of stabilized specimens the resistivity ratio changes with time in a fashion very similar to changes in stress.

I think that the bolded part may be the cause of the problems. If the nub conductive rubber is not stress tested, even if it is perfectly made, then when it is first used it will change it's conductive properties, irreversibly. This may end up causing some defective nubs.

But after stress testing it's possible to rule out the nub rubbers that don't work. Also after proper testing, the nub rubber should stabilize and continue working properly (the ones that pass testing that is).

craigix said:
Also we're told to expect 500(!) boards in the next batch, so, wow, that will be a lot of work. Not sure we can manage 500 in a week but we shall see.

That's wonderful news. But how long before they (claim that they) will ship that set?

craigix said:
Also we're told to expect 500(!) boards in the next batch, so, wow, that will be a lot of work. Not sure we can manage 500 in a week but we shall see.

Are you expecting 500 the week after next as well? I think if you manage to produce them faster than the parts are arriving, that is probably fast enough. Keep the quality high please.

b1ueskycomp1ex said:
Prometheus said:
emcp said:

With each one, the Pandora gets more and more polished as a device.

Exactly no way of knowing what was going to be wrong, but if you had waited it wouldnt have matter to you, you wouldnt have had that problem

returns dont really help, reporting problem and sending a couple of the troubled units back but not fixing them all then fixing them all next week

also i probably would have done the same, still doesnt make it any better

Still wondering about these 200 - well 80 shipped 2 weeks later but still no word on the 120.

Craig, You can't just twit that your shipping 200 next week then ship 80 only 2 weeks after then no word on the rest.

It feels like your just baiting us.

I know you have issues but be open and honest.

you just have to take everything craig says with a pinch of salt. he is overly optimistic to a fault. he has to be, because if he had told the cold hard truth from the outset then the project would have failed when everyone demanded refunds.

I wouldn't have. I'd have stopped coming to the forums waiting for information, but I wouldn't have asked for a refund.

Back