Dead wifi issues on new units

It's called a PC and a card reader, I don't see what everyone is fussing about while the problem hasn't been diagnosed. You've had 30+ months to get an SD card prepared.
There are more applications for WiFi than loading software onto your Pandora. Web browsing, checking your email, remote administration, etc...

Karma kills.

In all reality, if the Pandora didn't have WiFi, I would still love it. It's called a PC and a card reader, I don't see what everyone is fussing about while the problem hasn't been diagnosed. You've had 30+ months to get an SD card prepared.

Just my 2ç
Even thou you have a point. Some of us would like to have it working as sold to us. Im not in a rush to have wifi on it right now. If and when they have a solution ill be happy. Till then I still love this little machine

It's called a PC and a card reader, I don't see what everyone is fussing about while the problem hasn't been diagnosed. You've had 30+ months to get an SD card prepared.
There are more applications for WiFi than loading software onto your Pandora. Web browsing, checking your email, remote administration, etc...
Yeah, I have a computer for all that. I don't game on anything but a Pandora. Enjoy the games while the problem is dianosed. I know the Pandora's capibilties, but its for gaming to me.

Well, any other suggestions here?
This is something new that couldn't have been found with the current testing routines... it never happened with the first 2000 boards.
I'm not complaining. Apart from there being no point in complaining, I understand, and am trying to be... is philosophical the word? ... about it. Yeah, it's annoying and inconvenient, but at least it's in my possession, even if only as an oversized Game Boy right now.

You can send your so called "oversized gameboy" to me, I would be glad to have a Pandora
laugh.gif

From what you say, I'll probably enjoy it better than you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow oversized gameboy. That's a new one lol

Last edited by a moderator:
well... i am too lazy to be playing around with the sd... or cables. I preffer to download the stuff straight to the place were i am going to use. even if it is too slow.

And in the other hand, i wanted a pandora and not a wiz, cause the wifi, as main reason.

For me i can pack back in the same box. And send back when you want. I will wait until you decide what to do with it. Cause of course if there is a software solution, is much better than be going around with the post.... i told already that i hate the post system in spain?

Worst case .. a USB wifi adapter (though getting one with a working driver is a pita, its certainly doable.)

jeff

I'm glad this was caught now seeing as I'm waiting for mine to get shipped. Close call! I assume this is going to slow things down considerably until there's a fix. Are you still going to be able to ship premiums within 7days or is it going to take a little bit longer since so many units are defective?

We're trying to find out the cause now. It's probably hardware, but you never know it could be software.
So all of them passed the automatic wifi test you are supposedly doing?

Nope. AFAIK, those ten slipped through as accidentally a card had been used that didn't do the WiFi test.

I got 5 of these boards here and they don't pass.

We're trying to find out the cause now. It's probably hardware, but you never know it could be software.

Nope. AFAIK, those ten slipped through as accidentally a card had been used that didn't do the WiFi test.

So, when should I send mine back?

That's something you need to ask your distributor, so basically openpandorasales@gmail.com if you ordered from Craig / UK.

That's something you need to ask your distributor, so basically openpandorasales@gmail.com if you ordered from Craig / UK.
Okie-dokie, thanks very much.

Oh, I just bought a USB WiFi adapter for it, 802.11n. I've never used one of those before, is there a trick to it, or do I just plug it ion?

I hope this doesn't mean that the one that is on its way to me after an RMA will need to be RMA'ed again. If so, I'm going to at least have to use it a bit without the wi-fi before I send it back, as the first one I couldn't really use at all. Well, maybe mine will not be one of the bad ones (yeah, because things always work out that well for me ;) ).

It turns out that it isn't even 10 units now, maybe 8.

And premium units are still shipping, we're just doing an extra test to check for this issue.

Back