Dead wifi issues on new units

My Pandora was shipped on the 28 april aswell, but I haven't received it yet, I guess some more days are needed as I am living in Switzerland and not in UK, I will give my feedback about the wifi issue as soon I got my Pandora in my hand to test it, and I really hope to be a lucky one with mine :rolleyes:

If i enable the wifi first & then type in the same command, this is the terminal message "bash: susudo: command not found"

Don't type susudo :)

The command is sudo :)

Just a quick update on the issue:

I sent CC a script that creates a bootable testing SD Card which also includes the WiFi test today.

I haven't heard yet if they got the test to work (they also need to setup a WiFi access point), but I'll keep you informed.

Have you discovered if the existing duff chips are fixable or if it requires h/w replacement?

My Pandora was shipped on the 28 april aswell, but I haven't received it yet, I guess some more days are needed as I am living in Switzerland and not in UK, I will give my feedback about the wifi issue as soon I got my Pandora in my hand to test it, and I really hope to be a lucky one with mine :rolleyes:

I am wondering how many people in Switzerland have a Pandora. I am in Geneva and I've got my refurbished one (sold though ebay directly from Craig) for a good 2 month now. I am still waiting on my original pre-order though.

I am happy with my unit although I've already seen some artificial on the screen once, so it will probably have to go back for a LCD cable change at some point (for now it's not doing it anymore). Only one of the gaming button doesn't feel quite right but otherwise the control are pretty much perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you discovered if the existing duff chips are fixable or if it requires h/w replacement?

My current guess is that it's bad soldering, so unless you can do a reflow, it needs to be sent back.

I am wondering how many people in Switzerland have a Pandora. I am in Geneva and I've got my refurbished one (sold though ebay directly from Craig) for a good 2 month now. I am still waiting on my original pre-order though.

I shipped at least 10 units to Switzerland already, so there should be quite a few :)

My current guess is that it's bad soldering, so unless you can do a reflow, it needs to be sent back.

Not really something I can fix with a screwdriver and some suguru then? ;)

I'll hassle Craig & Jacquelyn to sort out a return. Hoping I can get it done quickly before travels.

I am happy with my unit although I've already seen some artificial on the screen once, so it will probably have to go back for a LCD cable change at some point (for now it's not doing it anymore). Only one of the gaming button doesn't feel quite right but otherwise the control are pretty much perfect.
I'm Swiss, too (living in Bern). Hi there! :)

Sadly my screen cable is also dying (for the second time). I sent a mail to ED, but I understand how overworked the poor fellow is.

Apart from that the Pandora is amazing. I can't believe how well everything works by now software-wise.

Sadly my screen cable is also dying (for the second time). I sent a mail to ED, but I understand how overworked the poor fellow is.

Apart from that the Pandora is amazing. I can't believe how well everything works by now software-wise.

Yes... I know :(

The first replacement cable you got was still one of the old ones.

Happy to have the new ones now :)

And I hope to be able to get in contact with you soon... lots of work to do :(

I know you work too hard, but keep up the excellent work, Ed and the rest of the OPT. :)

This. I know when I get my Pandora I will love it. All your work will be worth it.

Ok my Pandora which got shipped on april 28 arrived today, and I gladly can say than the WiFi is working flawless here :)

Apart from that the Pandora is really amazing. I can't believe how well everything works by now software-wise.

Yes... I know :(

The first replacement cable you got was still one of the old ones.

Happy to have the new ones now :)

And I hope to be able to get in contact with you soon... lots of work to do :(
Don't worry, I have enough time and can wait patiently. Don't stress yourself too much and make sure you get enough sleep! :)

Glad the wifi is sorted for new units. Just would dearly like mine to be fixed now but no response from the HQ :unsure: Looks like I'll have to live with it for a while. Sucks a bit after going premium - if I'd have waited would have got a working one!

Glad the wifi is sorted for new units. Just would dearly like mine to be fixed now but no response from the HQ :unsure: Looks like I'll have to live with it for a while. Sucks a bit after going premium - if I'd have waited would have got a working one!
Heh, that's just what I was thinking!

Another Swiss one (Sissach) :lol:

Still waiting for my Pandora. Should be shipped soon (Premium)

Back