And suddenly it works.

I think that is the NORMAL and CORRECT WAY; the other way -when you charge it switches on automatically- is the new and wrong/incorrect way
You're free to think that, but you'd be wrong. It's only been recently that unmonitored lithium charge chips have had the intelligence to charge under load without exploding. Everything until recent has needed to turn on and run battery monitoring on the CPU. I've got old Nokia phones from over 15 years ago that behave like that, so don't act like the Pandora's method was new and unexpected.

It's actually kind of disturbing that it took this long before someone finally said "you know what, there's a better way. Why aren't we doing it?"

Please, has Pyra the capability to start-up on timer/clock like some computers and some phones can do?
Almost certainly. The Pandora was able to, and from what I can tell the power control chip in the Pyra is just an updated version of the Pandora's, but I could be wrong. It'd be very weird if it couldn't though.

There is currently no known thermal issue.
All of this is based on conjecture.
moxie_truth.jpg

Screw the mortals.

Although it is too early to really consider this, would anyone that speaks/types in a language other than English prefer a different layout, such as German or French?

Screw the mortals.

Although it is too early to really consider this, would anyone that speaks/types in a language other than English prefer a different layout, such as German or French?

All I need is the ability to get my äöüß somewhere with a modificator.

Screw the mortals.

I would love to have a French layout but I can live without it because ED included all the French letters inside his layout.

Don't mix up what's technically possible with marketing. I know of people using flashcarts to run SNES games on their original (fat) DSes. Granted, you had to disable a layer or two in certain scenes on Super Metroid to maintain framerate, but the 2011 3DS is a generation faster than that hardware.
Which flashcard ? Some come with an additional embedded CPU to help with SNES emulation for example.
What console/PDA/phone with a 266MHz ARM11 could emulate all SNES games perfectly ? PocketSNES did emulate somehow with glitches and frameskip on older/slower ARM processors, not really something Nintendo can charge people real money for...

I would love to have a French layout but I can live without it because ED included all the French letters inside his layout.

It's a keymat. Cut out the letters if you want.
I will definitely swap the "Z" and the "Y". Worked nicely on the Pandora.

Screw the mortals.

The current keyboard layout is suitable for English, German and French use. As to having a dedicated German or French layout that look 'just like' French and German keyboards - not going to happen without another 4 physical keys.

Really - what we have now will work pretty darn well for all 3 of those languages.

The current keyboard layout is suitable for English, German and French use. As to having a dedicated German or French layout that look 'just like' French and German keyboards - not going to happen without another 4 physical keys.

Really - what we have now will work pretty darn well for all 3 of those languages.
I know that, and that is part of why I am pretty happy with the current layout. We tried to get something that worked for a lot of people doing a lot of different things. I know some people were still not content before the vote, so I wanted to see if there was still interest in additional layouts since we have been talking about crowdfunding.
Perhaps the CPU board upgrade is more important to more people than language specific layouts. I still want to see what the OMAP5 can do, since I am pretty impressed with what we have for the CC Pandora (however there are some games I really want to play on my Pandora that require a1GHz one). I may not feel the need to get a new CPU board until I start to get left behind when it comes to software again.

I know that, and that is part of why I am pretty happy with the current layout. We tried to get something that worked for a lot of people doing a lot of different things. I know some people were still not content before the vote, so I wanted to see if there was still interest in additional layouts since we have been talking about crowdfunding.
Perhaps the CPU board upgrade is more important to more people than language specific layouts. I still want to see what the OMAP5 can do, since I am pretty impressed with what we have for the CC Pandora (however there are some games I really want to play on my Pandora that require a1GHz one). I may not feel the need to get a new CPU board until I start to get left behind when it comes to software again.
If Neverwinter Night works at full-speed with Exagear and 3D drivers, I'll really enjoy the Pyra with the OMAP 5.

What do you mean with software layout?
.pndxmodmap let's you swap the characters.
I mean, even if you switch the keyboard buttons, you will need the input software to let the Pyra recognises the swapped characters with the FN function.

For example, if you put the A instead the Q on the keyboard layout, and the Pyra still writes Q when you push A, there is no point to do it.

I mean, even if you switch the keyboard buttons, you will need the input software to let the Pyra recognises the swapped characters with the FN function.

For example, if you put the A instead the Q on the keyboard layout, and the Pyra still writes Q when you push A, there is no point to do it.

That's exactly what that .pndxmodmap handles... everything can be modified. The Pyra may use a different method of handling it, but something similar will be in place no doubt... if not it's open-source you can change anything you want.

That's exactly what that .pndxmodmap handles... everything can be modified.
Oh, I see. I didn't know it, as I don't own a Pandora.

It's good to know it. Maybe ED would be willing to change the layout order and edit this file to make it works in the chosen language before shipping the Pyra, even for the ABXY gamepad layout order.

I'm not talking about creating a new layout, just as you said, cutting and changing the order.

Last edited:
Back