Analyzing 4GB RAM

So what's stopping videos of it being made? There's plenty of emulators that target the framebuffer, so those could be prepped already I think. Or is it because the people with prototypes don't have youtube accounts? Or because it's not time yet, and promotion would be best reserved until we're closer to the end of the prototyping phase, when a concentrated push can be made?

Oh, we are?

Let me see... 4 months ago, we narrowed down the 4GB RAM issue but hadn't done any layout change nor Simulation to make sure the issue has been fixed.
The remaining issues of the main board and case also weren't fixed back then.

Now that has all happened and the CPU boards are already in production since a few weeks, the noise fixed main boards have arrived yesterday and the cases have received all fixes as well (though I need to receive them to confirm that).

Right, absolutely nothing has happened.
Oh, well, but then again, nothing has happened and the the last few years - because a few years ago, we also didn't have working boards or cases. Oh, we also didn't have them 10 years ago... Does that mean absolutely nothing has happened for the last 10 years?

Where has all my time gone?

Sent from my XT1650-03 using Tapatalk
While admittedly I hadn't factored in stuff like Chinese New Year adding further delays, this is about the speed of progress I expected, yep.

So with four months gone out of my estimate, you know what that means.

Two months.

For reals.

@Dark Pulse, can you point me to the forum for your large and complex community driven project that you are working on with limited help and time between your regular day job, running an online store and various other things, so I can criticize on how long it's taking?

I guess I'm seeing subtle context that doesn't exist...

So what's stopping videos of it being made? There's plenty of emulators that target the framebuffer, so those could be prepped already I think. Or is it because the people with prototypes don't have youtube accounts? Or because it's not time yet, and promotion would be best reserved until we're closer to the end of the prototyping phase, when a concentrated push can be made?

No Youtube Acount here.
Well, I could open one or send the Videos to ED.

The problem is: I have no camera, just my phone.
That one is decent but then I would have to buy some stance I guess.

I understand the dislike/reticence for YouTube, but blog entries and photos are also good :). I'm planning to blog about my Pyra when it arrives.

My plan once I get mine is to set up everything the way I like and then use it. Maybe show it to some friends and family, but mainly just have it be a part of my daily life.

I'll probably do some shitty videos when I get mine. It's still appreciated even if not edited or prepared carefuly when there is nothing else available.

This is a quick video I made when the PS Vita became hackable, there was almost no videos showing anything about that at the time on Youtube so I wanted to get it talked about:
I filmed it by attaching my camera to my ceiling lamp...

At least there is no "sponsored content", no "please like and subscribe" and no ads.

Last edited:
Well, i think i miss a bit these old days where EvilDragon made lots of videos of the Pandora Prototyphe, and Craig fell of his roof..
Na maybe when the Final Case and final Prototyphe is there, and whe wait for the MP Boards..
To say it whit the words of our famous comedian Loriot (Victor von Bülow) (RIP) "Früher war mehr Lametta"

I cant remember: are whe faster whit the Pyra development than whit the Pandora??

Back