An appointment and boards shipping (2011-07-22)

Any update on whether CC did actually ship any boards to Craig? It's been a while now.
...they have some fixed boards ready for shipment...

...This is so annoying...
This is annoying, I thought they already shipped a fixed batch and we were just waiting for them to show up. Are they talking about a second shipment or have they still not shipped any fixed boards since the wifi problem?

It's starting to look like my rma will not make it back in time for our big family Disney vacation in mid-September :(

Just got a mail yesterday from them... they have some fixed boards ready for shipment but seem to have testing issues because of their WiFi router...

wutfaceys.jpg
+1

Any update on whether CC did actually ship any boards to Craig? It's been a while now.
...they have some fixed boards ready for shipment...

...This is so annoying...
This is annoying, I thought they already shipped a fixed batch and we were just waiting for them to show up. Are they talking about a second shipment or have they still not shipped any fixed boards since the wifi problem?

It's starting to look like my rma will not make it back in time for our big family Disney vacation in mid-September :(

Well, I already phoned Jackie last week. She told me in an email Circuit Co had informed them the boards HAD been shipped, but they didn't have a tracking number.

She also told me (in an email) dated 28 July, that if Circuit Co have shipped by UPS saver service, it could take up to ten days for the boards to reach Craig. Like I just mentioned, she wrote that in an email dated 28 July to myself. I would therefore give it ten days as of 28 July (which will take the delivery timeframe up to 7 August) to see if the boards arrive with Craig by that timescale... If it turns out they don't arrive within that timeframe, then it will be the case that somebody is either telling porkie pies, or the boards have gone for a walk (bare in mind Circuit Co can't even supply something as simple as a tracking number!)

Last edited by a moderator:
... they have some fixed boards ready for shipment but seem to have testing issues because of their WiFi router...

i don't understand. :blink:

what about "the first batch of fully tested and working boards" you mentionned in your 1st post of this topic, and supposed to be shipped 2 weeks ago?

there is still no track number of it?

Goddamnit circuitco seriously?

I just want my awesome gadget, why can't you stop screwing honest folk over ;___;

Seriously. Shall we do some crowdsourcing and sue these bastards?!

There must be at least one pandorian with a law-degree willing to take this on! :angry:

There must be at least one pandorian with a law-degree willing to take this on! :angry:

It would need a bit more than a law degree - for a start to practice law you'd have to be a qualified lawyer, which is a bit more work than just doing a three/four year degree.

You'd need to organise a cross-border case, be qualified in UK and/or US law (the two combined most probably, or a firm with one of each, each of which is a completely separate qualification) with zero effective contract to show (maybe a couple of emails but, for example, I bet nobody decided on a jurisdiction in which to base that contract and hence it's open to vast amounts of legal wrangling running into years), little follow-up when work hasn't been done to satisfaction (i.e. if you continued on for several years before you started to ask for your money, the court would want to know why you didn't pull out/complain earlier - or are you ONLY just unhappy about something you've been satisfied with for 2-3 years and just want to cause more trouble?), a myriad of other delays that *aren't* the fault of CC affecting their work (I imagine CC could sue just as easily for being messed around in terms of delivery dates of components, testing working designs that they went on to batch-produce, etc. - not saying they'd succeed but you could certainly make an ugly, costly case out of it) and lots of other things that will drag the case on for years.

Hell, it'd take you a year to gather evidence and get to a court that believes it has jurisdiction. And that's assuming the other party didn't contest it, accepted the verdict, didn't appeal, paid whatever recompense necessary before OP went bankrupt, etc.

Threats to sue are an absolute last resort, even when you're in the right. You might "win" but you will almost always lose out in terms of money until months after a verdict has been given in your favour.

That said, the business relationships with OP passed the stage of "farce" several years ago. I've never been happier to *not* be a customer of a company.

Seriously. Shall we do some crowdsourcing and sue these bastards?!

Why don't we just tell the cc story on each every forum applicable and everyone with a blog do a blogpost about it.

And then keep that up for a while.

Would make Googling the them an interesting experience for future customers.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I am already browsing through all eMails we got from them for a very specific reason, no worries.

Why don't we just tell the cc story on each every forum applicable and everyone with a blog do a blogpost about it.
Because that is unprofessional, childish and likely to get you sued for libel (regardless of whether you speak truth or falsehood).

once again, its well documented that jackie from craigs shop is constantly backed up by 500 emails a day, i dont care how much one paid me, if i was answering 500 emails a day and was contacted by someone that seems to communicate the way you do, i wouldnt waste a time responding to them as well, i constantly see people who come across as polite and get replies back within two-three days. nobody here is threatening you to keep your order in, if you believe the communication isnt up to par, youre welcome to ask for your money back. and youre not the only person whos got issues with craig, suck it up, hes made more shit than youll ever let out, and ed is part of the company from a community POV, regardless what some non-existent contracts may say, so youve got no reason to take anything ED says with a grain of salt, its no news around here that hes better at dealing with customers herem you got something against craig, go bump a thread in the ask-a-craig section, as im sure its been covered before

You know I honestly think if OPT sent out update emails to the customers still waiting for a pandora explaining the progress of the pandora it would probably cut that inbox down quite a bit. The communication isn't up to par, no point kidding yourself about it after all I have never been contacted by the OPT team to update me of the situation especially since it is around a year late on when they said I should recieve it. If I hadn't come to the forums and found the information here you can bet your dollar I would probably be sending them plenty of emails as well.

I can't blame people for getting the shits with the Pandora team after all if any other company ran into the sort of issues and delays the Pandora team has had and decided not to inform all of the paying customers of the 2+ year delays you would expect riots. I guess they are lucky because most people understand it is community project. However being a small community project does not excuse the team for not sending out an email to the customers explaining the delay. Hell it would probably save them time because they wouldn't have to reply to so many questions by email.

You know I honestly think if OPT sent out update emails to the customers still waiting for a pandora explaining the progress of the pandora it would probably cut that inbox down quite a bit. The communication isn't up to par, no point kidding yourself about it after all I have never been contacted by the OPT team to update me of the situation especially since it is around a year late on when they said I should recieve it. If I hadn't come to the forums and found the information here you can bet your dollar I would probably be sending them plenty of emails as well.

I can understand their (Craig's) situation - they confirmed the 500 emails a day thing when I rang them... Sending out emails to customers is not as difficult as you think... It is not like it would need to be done everyday. ONCE A MONTH would be fine...

1) Write a single email

2) Send it to multiple receipents from customers stored in their email address book

3) Bingo...

If you don't keep customers informed they will come a knockin', and effectively making more work for themselves as customers will then start having to chase them up to find out what is going on (Hence the 500 emails a day they receive!). Also, by not communicating with their customers, they are effectively losing money, because people are getting pissed off not being updated as to what the hell is going on and asking for refunds for their orders.

Instead the users are just being told to root around a forum to get answers to their questions - and only ED seems to be answering those questions who is already working his arse off). That is of course if you can find the information you need after it's been buried in a thread on the forum. How many businesses do you know inform their customers regarding the status of orders via a forum? None :)

...However being a small community project does not excuse the team for not sending out an email to the customers explaining the delay.

Agree 100%, but it will fall on deaf ears, because most of the time they don't check the forums I suspect since they are bogged under with 500 emails (because as I mention customers are a knockin' because Craig doesn't seem to be telling them any information).

The only person I admire is ED - he has the courtesy to come onto the forums and keep us informed, even if it is bad news - that takes alot of balls in my opinion.

i think the exact opposite, i think every email opt send out should inform people to go to this forum to catch the latest news and support, both parties win this way, customer gets more informed and gets more usage out of the pandora when he looks around here whats available, and opt dont have to deal with idiots via email and just let us here handle them

i think the exact opposite, i think every email opt send out should inform people to go to this forum to catch the latest news and support, both parties win this way, customer gets more informed and gets more usage out of the pandora when he looks around here whats available, and opt dont have to deal with idiots via email and just let us here handle them

There is a big problem with that, it could piss off customers more. If I asked a company like Nintendo a question and their response is "Please look at the forums to why your order is delayed" I would think to myself "thats nice *&^$head just tell me what I want to know" Just because we made our way here to find out the latest information doesn't mean any other customer will. After all out of the 100's of products I buy/use this is the only forum I visit, I just don't have the interest or time to visit other forums.

There is no news posted in this forum on a regular basis and what little that is posted is often conflicting and confusing. Direct questions are usually ignored. I simply do not believe that any business could genuinely be unable to answer such simple questions as "How many Pandora orders have you shipped and how many people are still waiting?". If they really can't answer that then I do not understand how they can maintain accurate company accounts.

ED seems to be the only OPT person answering any questions at all - yet he cannot help people who have ordered from Craig. Craig has not posted a single Pandora status update that I have seen in at least a month and a half.

I got so fed up with the lack of news and updates that I cancelled my premium order and bought one from ebay instead.

I'm a latecomer to the whole Pandora scene. I think those that preordered have shown remarkable patience and understanding, as have people who have now been waiting two months for their premium orders when the order page still says it will ship in seven business days. Calling them idiots for getting frustrated and emailing the company directly makes you sound like a fourteen year old fanboy.

There is no news posted in this forum on a regular basis and what little that is posted is often conflicting and confusing. Direct questions are usually ignored. I simply do not believe that any business could genuinely be unable to answer such simple questions as "How many Pandora orders have you shipped and how many people are still waiting?". If they really can't answer that then I do not understand how they can maintain accurate company accounts.

Well, if you followed the news threads here, you know that we were waiting for boards, so no orders could've shipped from Craig during that time.

It's all in here, though it includes the need to read up everything, which can be annoying which is something I perfectly understand.

BTW: The first batch of boards has FINALLY been shipped by CC yesterday! We got a tracking number.

Also a bunch of replacement nubs are included with the package, so I can finally also fix the RMAs I have here which need nub replacements :)

Because that is unprofessional, childish and likely to get you sued for libel (regardless of whether you speak truth or falsehood).
Good luck suing me under Dutch law for letting people know what was written elsewhere by others on the internet. Can't wait for the first letter to arrive.

Also I'm not a portable games console manufacturer so not too worried to be perceived as unprofessional by people in that industry.

But if you think suing them is the more professional way of going about it by all chipping in you better call Saul! I think that would be more costly and less effective. But very American, I'll admit to that.

Sent from my MotoA953 using Tapatalk

Back