Pandora Batch 2: A new hope (2011-07-28)

No one is Greg.
I knew a guy name Greg. He was one of the geeks I hang with. He was into all this web designing and junk.

He will not be forgotten!
I thought I did.
No, you were thinking of Grig, not Greg :)

reptilian-aliens-the-last-starfighter-grig.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No, you were thinking of Grig, not Greg :)
What ever happened to green reptilian aliens? They looked so much better than this guy.

Since so many movies have used green reptilian aliens, I couldn't begin to answer that. I had just recently watched The Last Starfighter again after, oh, about 20 years, so "Grig" instantly came to mind after reading "Greg." I'm not sure why they made the lizard people look more, brownish than green in this movie, maybe to make them look less shocking. It was Disney after all.

http://thelaststarfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Alien_Races

Last edited by a moderator:
Ed - How much financing are you looking at needing to green light this? (ie if I showed up with 100K Euros tomorrow, could they start production immediately?

Thanks.

Dan.

Ed - How much financing are you looking at needing to green light this? (ie if I showed up with 100K Euros tomorrow, could they start production immediately?

Thanks.

Dan.

Too early to tell right now, as I still need to get a quotation. :)

Thanks.

Dan.

Nod. Make sure to pass on what would be needed for startup when you find out. Can likely help.

Dan.

Great, thanks.

I'm working on a business plan, based on worst case scenario (meaning: No boards from now on, etc.).

So any board coming from CC (hopefully it will be a lot) will make the situation better :)

Thanks.

Dan.

Nod. Make sure to pass on what would be needed for startup when you find out. Can likely help.

Dan.

Great, thanks.

I'm working on a business plan, based on worst case scenario (meaning: No boards from now on, etc.).

So any board coming from CC (hopefully it will be a lot) will make the situation better :)

That sounds ominous, and a little frightening. Hopefully you will get a favorable quote soon.

Wow. This is what happens when you leave for a few months. XD

I've been busy with life in general over these past few months that I'd stopped really checking up on the Pandora's progress. I load up the blog on the main site, and thus the thoughts flow:

"Wait, they switched companies? Okay, so CC seems to be fail, and this new place seems cool. Hm."

On the upside... hey, production! It happens!

On the downside... waiting? No, not really a downside for me.

To elaborate:

I made my preorder about four, four and a half years ago. (WHoa, that long? Man, time flies!) No, this is not me bashing the wait time, guys. I can wait as long as I need to for this little technological gem. (I'm tempted to try and get a devboard and the touchscreen... and try and make a Pipboy 3000 out of them. Ah, if only! XD)

Anyway: I made the order back when I had money for something like this: namely, when I was still serving in the US navy. I've been out for a while, and now money's a bit tighter, so waiting for a product I am very interested in? Yeah, not an issue. Gives me time to save back up for it. XD (Honestly, I wish I could have paid in advance, and then not have to worry about anything except keeping my mailing address updated. Ah well.)

Anyway: Rambling and probably too much information aside, congrats on the new production company, ED! If things are as positive as they look, I think we could be looking at the reality of an OpenPandora filled future.

-Crazy Ivan

That sounds ominous, and a little frightening. Hopefully you will get a favorable quote soon.
Not really, it's standard procedure. EvilDragon has been talking to investors about financing batch 2. He is making a list of what can go wrong so that everyone involved understands the risks.

It's not going to work if someone invests 100000 euros and then wants their money back two months later, so the timeframe and possibility of delays need to be clearly stated up front.

Back