An appointment and boards shipping (2011-07-22)

Customer number three now unsatisfied about communications and customer service.
Three? Dude, there have been dozens; the history of long delayed email responses and missed deadlines is fairly well documented. Check the support forum. Absolutely nothing is gained by stabbing at wounds like this other than making people feel miserable.

Customer number three now unsatisfied about communications and customer service. Any one else want to share their thoughts on how they have been treated regarding non returned phone calls, and unanswered emails?

Maybe after this thread has run it's course then these people will start to actually inform their customers what is going on every time they get a query... As they say in business for every disatified customer, a company will lose 20 potential customers. Their going to lose a whole lot more at this rate.
oh go buy a psp...you seem like the exact customer the pandora would be better without

^ There's no need for that, DM. It's unfortunate that the hold-ups to "Premium" orders has resulted in this (the website really should have been amended to reflect the issue, I think), but that doesn't mean that Herc, who paid for an order to be shipped within seven days and is understandably a bit unhappy about it, should have to leave and buy something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Customer number three now unsatisfied about communications and customer service.
Three? Dude, there have been dozens; the history of long delayed email responses and missed deadlines is fairly well documented. Check the support forum. Absolutely nothing is gained by stabbing at wounds like this other than making people feel miserable.

I'm making people feel miserible by stabing at wounds? Don't you think the customers are feeling miserible already giving the fact their phone calls and emails are not EVER returned, not even after weeks of and months of sending and leaving messages? Don't you think these people are already stressed giving the fact they already parted with near £400 of their own money and they fail to communicate? Don't you think the poster above was stressed regarding his situation, because he certainly writes he was worried.

Burying ones head in the sand is not going to make these problems go away. Customers have a right to know about the situation. I knew OpenPandora was a homebrew project, but customers are not a charity. Certainly when your talking this sum of money...

The news of batch 1 being delayed - they tell me what I want to hear... I have to dig to get further information regarding the PCB's manufacter failing to give any tracking number for the preassembled boards.

Customer number three now unsatisfied about communications and customer service. Any one else want to share their thoughts on how they have been treated regarding non returned phone calls, and unanswered emails?

Maybe after this thread has run it's course then these people will start to actually inform their customers what is going on every time they get a query... As they say in business for every disatified customer, a company will lose 20 potential customers. Their going to lose a whole lot more at this rate.
oh go buy a psp...you seem like the exact customer the pandora would be better without

a] I don't want a PSP - I would much rather stick with my gp2x if my order never arrives...

b] I am not a charity - I have opted to support this project by putting my money where my mouth is. I'm owed some communication here. If you disagree with this, then it's tough titties, because I can assure you their are other people out their who after paying this money (and helping to support this project) whom deserve better. I and many other customers can deal with long waiting times, but NOT when they start not returning calls, or emails - they take the money, they are obligated to inform their their customers (their are no ifs or buts here) and that's what running a business is about, and I'm afraid to say that is life.

youre in the damn news section of the forums thats gets updated very often, jackie is not the person to talk to to get inside information about whats going on, youre only holding up the line with what her job really is like helping people out with payments, its already been mentioned by ed that CC didnt give him a tracking number, what on gods internet earth would make you think that stalking jackie about it will get you any other information. how come most of us are having such little trouble with communication and customer service from opt. they, especially ED, have been very friendly with sharing any bits of information that they happen to have, sometime in their worst interest to a point where CC starts complaining to them about the way we talk about them from what we know and OPT have to lock out threads so crap like this stops, so if you want to be a hakmanplayer about this, go do it to your mother

I'm making people feel miserible by stabing at wounds? Don't you think the customers are feeling miserible already giving the fact their phone calls and emails are not EVER returned, not even after weeks of and months of sending and leaving messages? Don't you think these people are already stressed giving the fact they already parted with near £400 of their own money and they fail to communicate? Don't you think the poster above was stressed regarding his situation, because he certainly writes he was worried.
Yes, I do believe all that. I also believe that harping on about a known problem to people with no power to fix it does nothing but cause more tension that doesn't need to be there.

You are making people who already feel bad feel even worse by complaining about something they already know is happening and is well documented yet can do nothing about.

youre in the damn news section of the forums thats gets updated very often, jackie is not the person to talk to to get inside information about whats going on, youre only holding up the line with what her job really is like helping people out with payments, its already been mentioned by ed that CC didnt give him a tracking number, what on gods internet earth would make you think that stalking jackie about it will get you any other information. how come most of us are having such little trouble with communication and customer service from opt. they, especially ED, have been very friendly with sharing any bits of information that they happen to have, sometime in their worst interest to a point where CC starts complaining to them about the way we talk about them from what we know and OPT have to lock out threads so crap like this stops, so if you want to be a hakmanplayer about this, go do it to your mother

My order is with Craig NOT ED... Yes ED's posts are relevant in some aspects, but he does not know how long it will take Craig to ship his orders now does he? ED does not also know how many units are in Craigs kew which he has already anounced. Which is my whole point of why I rang and email Craig's company in the first place.

Stalking by ringing up enquiring about my order? Now your being bloody stupid. Get real man. You pay for something, and when they cannot communicate by email or phone (or return messages), then yes, I will chase up people, particularly when we talking about the sum of money involved.

As for previous posts regarding CircuitCo, and the anger towards them, I am not aware of that, I am new to these forums. No I will not be insulted either by your snide remarks of being told to go to my mother - with a name like yours on this forum, you should be taking that piece of advice.

Yes, I do believe all that. I also believe that harping on about a known problem to people with no power to fix it does nothing but cause more tension that doesn't need to be there.

You are making people who already feel bad feel even worse by complaining about something they already know is happening and is well documented yet can do nothing about.

... so you believe in the point I'm writing ! Finally somebody sees the light... What do you expect us to do? Bury our heads in the sand and think everything is hunky dorey? Everytime somebody brings up these issues (as I have done), OPT seem to sit back and let the community answer for them rather than deal with the issues and answer them directly.

@DaMummy: As for the previous reply (above) yours, yes I except ED has done a good job informing the customers. My issue is not with ED, it is with Craig's company since that is whom I bought my Pandora unit.

... so you believe in the point I'm writing ! Finally somebody sees the light... What do you expect us to do? Bury our heads in the sand and think everything is hunky dorey?
Recognizing and accepting a problem that you can't change is not the same as burying your head in the sand and pretending it doesn't exist, just like complaining about something that is already a well known problem isn't the same as helping.

Recognizing and accepting a problem that you can't change is not the same as burying your head in the sand and pretending it doesn't exist.

But you can change it - by letting people know you are fed up with the communication (to unanswered emails and phone calls). If they still don't listen, you join the many disatisfied users and get a refund.

...just like complaining about something that is already a well known problem isn't the same as helping.

Helping? I've already helped these people by giving them MY MONEY.... as have others... If anything, sharing these experiences of the failure of non returned phone calls, and the many emails that never get answered give potential customers the information they need to decide if they want to enter into this misery (Particulary those who have paid the hiked price for a 7 day Pandora whom are never going to see part of their purchase refunded due to late deliveries of Pandora handhelds... So yes, I am helping, by informing them not to purchase in the first place).

- end of rant -

once again, its well documented that jackie from craigs shop is constantly backed up by 500 emails a day, i dont care how much one paid me, if i was answering 500 emails a day and was contacted by someone that seems to communicate the way you do, i wouldnt waste a time responding to them as well, i constantly see people who come across as polite and get replies back within two-three days. nobody here is threatening you to keep your order in, if you believe the communication isnt up to par, youre welcome to ask for your money back. and youre not the only person whos got issues with craig, suck it up, hes made more shit than youll ever let out, and ed is part of the company from a community POV, regardless what some non-existent contracts may say, so youve got no reason to take anything ED says with a grain of salt, its no news around here that hes better at dealing with customers herem you got something against craig, go bump a thread in the ask-a-craig section, as im sure its been covered before

once again, its well documented that jackie from craigs shop is constantly backed up by 500 emails a day, i dont care how much one paid me, if i was answering 500 emails a day and was contacted by someone that seems to communicate the way you do, i wouldnt waste a time responding to them as well, i constantly see people who come across as polite and get replies back within two-three days.

As you keep saying... Solution: employ another person to answer emails (could be funded by the people who have paid premium who are now no longer going to get their orders within 7 days), considering none of that will be partly refunded...

Well lets see how many more people feel let down... I'm sure they'll come forward.

nobody here is threatening you to keep your order in, if you believe the communication isnt up to par, youre welcome to ask for your money back. and youre not the only person whos got issues with craig

I don't need you to tell me that. Yes I know I'm not the only person to have issues with Craig because the guy does not communicate.

...suck it up, hes made more shit than youll ever let out

Yes if that boasts gravitas to your sentence structure then by all means use it...

...and ed is part of the company from a community POV, regardless what some non-existent contracts may say, so youve got no reason to take anything ED says with a grain of salt

Tell me where I have ever said I take ED's posts with a grain of salt?! I haven't, I admire him for having the balls to come onto the forums and discuss the success and failures (which craig hasn't) and I've been visiting these forums for the past month.

its no news around here that hes better at dealing with customers herem you got something against craig, go bump a thread in the ask-a-craig section, as im sure its been covered before

Yes Ed keeps people informed - Craig on the otherhand doesn't which you have acknowledged in that sentence... No I am not going to bump up another thread to go over this topic all over again (and I'm sure Craig is capable of finding it. Forums do list topics by date.

yes, lets employ another employee to pay with the $100k debt OPT have accumulated. you just know the answeres to all the world problems!

Any update on whether CC did actually ship any boards to Craig? It's been a while now.

Any update on whether CC did actually ship any boards to Craig? It's been a while now.

Just got a mail yesterday from them... they have some fixed boards ready for shipment but seem to have testing issues because of their WiFi router...

This is so annoying... the faster the new company can start producing, the better!

Just got a mail yesterday from them... they have some fixed boards ready for shipment but seem to have testing issues because of their WiFi router...

wutfaceys.jpg

Back