Aluminium Case ready for preorder! (2014-07-18)

Ordered. The description text (bot English and German) claims 30€ for the send-in-option, but it actually is 35€.

The shop software isn't well prepared for a preorder and this send-in-option. It's claiming it will be delivered soon :)

ordered one!, may order another one in a week or so...

Had a heart attack when seeing the UPS shipping to the US, luckily signed mail is WAY cheaper...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered. The description text (bot English and German) claims 30€ for the send-in-option, but it actually is 35€. The shop software isn't well prepared for a preorder and this send-in-option. It's claiming it will be delivered soon :)
30 EUR without VAT, which is 35 EUR incl. VAT :)

(Edit: see http://pandorawiki.org/Case#Aluminium for details)

Im in :)   order placed 07/18/2014 00:49:55

Ed: if you mark the payment as "for repairs" it is exempt from paying a fee on it. Im not sure, i think its return for repair so that one doesnt have to pay tax for something that is already exported. Come to think of it i dont think that applies.

For customers remember to set your country to something else than Germany, my account was set to Germany when it should be Norway. I think it was only changed on the checkout page.

(could be me that just did it like that when i registered)

Also a little nitpick "I agree to the terms of service and terms of revocation adhire to them unconditionally."  Should be and "adhere" methinks.

The Aluminium Case (see discussion here) is now ready for preordering.

We need at least 100 orders to be able to start the production.Place your order here :)
No render of the case look available?
How should I make a realistic rendering if I haven't seen the case in reality as well?

I could only imagine and make guesses how it would look like, but then again, if it looks different, people will complain.

So a photo makes more sense. Anyone will be able to imagine the final product as good as I can.

Last edited:
Ordered 2 - one black one grey. :)

Can you start making the case when you receive 100 case order instead of 100 orders which can be more than 100 cases since some of us may order more than one case in one order?

Just want to speed up the process :)

How should I make a realistic rendering if I haven't seen the case in reality as well? I could only imagine and make guesses how it would look like, but then again, if it looks different, people will complain.   So a photo makes more sense. Anyone will be able to imagine the final product as good as I can.
OK, but can you share what's going to be different and what's staying the same ? It's just really hard to imagine without any description. And I think it's ok to put renders and clearly indicate that "render only, final product  look and quality may differ" since that's what most industries do anyway. 

Without any of these details, it's a big "leap of faith" to put 130+ euros on the table without knowing much about what we can get in the end. 

I have at least some of the money available.  The big thing holding me back is deciding the color, as I mentioned in the other thread.  I want grey but the wifi window has me trying to guess what it will look like.  I wonder if there will be a reduction in structural strength due to this.

I am also pondering color. Just got the money together, but can't decide on aesthetic!

How should I make a realistic rendering if I haven't seen the case in reality as well? I could only imagine and make guesses how it would look like, but then again, if it looks different, people will complain.   So a photo makes more sense. Anyone will be able to imagine the final product as good as I can.
 OK, but can you share what's going to be different and what's staying the same ? It's just really hard to imagine without any description. And I think it's ok to put renders and clearly indicate that "render only, final product  look and quality may differ" since that's what most industries do anyway. 

Without any of these details, it's a big "leap of faith" to put 130+ euros on the table without knowing much about what we can get in the end.
I would probably be okay to pay for the black one (not the grey one, I /might/ like it, but I don't know) if just knew a little more about the plastic inlay. I don't want it to look bad or compromise the stability by too much. Then I would prefer no window at all.

yes, the major unknown details is this plastic window.. for the rest we can only assume it will be almost like the plastic one with the required design change imposed by the material. while a metal case definitely interest me, with the not great color, the unknown wifi performance, no single details on this plastic inlay there's no way I'll preorder that for 130euros... I hope we'll get more details or that enough people will get interested in preorder to allow us later orders...

Had a heart attack when seeing the UPS shipping to the US, luckily signed mail is WAY cheaper...
But no insurance on our expensive pieces of metal.
I'll risk the 41 Euros saved by using signed mail..
DHL is 27.20 and is insured.  Even that is a bit much, though.  I just don't want to be kicking myself later if anything happens and I have to come out of pocket the full price a second time to get one.

Back