Release [Alpha] UAE4ARM

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember only three major steps

When you will prepare hardfile image with amikit you must:

1) find and disable line with text in Startup-Sequence

C:SquirrelSCSI

You can simple replace to

; C:SquirrelSCSI

Symbol ; I added for disable execution of this line (uae4arm not support SCSI)

2) Prepare file screenmode.prefs with activated your P96 mode and replace it in amikit hardfile.

3) Prepare hardfile image without RDB support (uae4arm not support RDB)

uae4arm settings for run Amikit:

CPU: 68040

FPU: Internal

CPU Speed: Fastest

JIT enable

Chipset: AGA

ROM: 3.1

RAM:

CHIP: 2mb

FAST: 8mb

Z3 Fast: 32Mb

RTG: 16Mb

Device name for amikit hardfile: AK0

Not sure about the screenmode.prefs

I'm almost there but its giving guru meditations on startup. Not sure if this us related to the resolution. I commented out the SCSI lines.

Also I installed the windows version and copied the folder. I had no luck creating a hdf... Any more advice?

Thanks for this port. Can't wait to test UAE4Arm at the 16.Amiga-Meeting in Bad Bramstadt/Germany next weekend.
Sounds like the best Amiga-Emu for the Pandora! B)

Thanks! It's pretty fast with my ClassicWB p96 setup. I have a couple of questions though. 1. Can you increase the z3 fastmem cap to 256? 2. is networking possible on this? Ala e-uae. And also I have 2 bugs. 1 picasso96 8-bit modes are missing. I need this for duke3d. And 2. When I mount folders as harddrives the emulator freezes.

Thanks! It's pretty fast with my ClassicWB p96 setup. I have a couple of questions though. 1. Can you increase the z3 fastmem cap to 256? 2. is networking possible on this? Ala e-uae. And also I have 2 bugs. 1 picasso96 8-bit modes are missing. I need this for duke3d. And 2. When I mount folders as harddrives the emulator freezes.

1. The Pandora has only 256 MB (Classic) or 512 MB of RAM. I don't want to allocate such an amount of memory. This will result in heavy use of the swap partition.

2. The interface between bsdsocket on Amiga side and network on host side has changed between different versions of UAE. When I have more time, perhaps I try to implement this.

3. The Picasso96 code will be replaced by a never version from WinUAE soon. I have to check influence to the performance if I add the 8-bit mode.

4. I have no problems adding folders or HDFs as harddrives. When you add or remove a HD, you always have to reset the Amiga side. Also adjust the boot priority of the HDs to boot from the correct drive.

I am adding the folders before I start the os then after I start, It just freezes at the blackscreen. I'm actually talking about mounting folders from the pandora side e.g. home/user/amishare to the VM just like on WINUAE. Not using hdfs because hdfs work fine. Just having trouble with shared folders.

In Repo is a new version of UAE4ARM with these changes:

- Switched to newer picasso code from WinUAE. Works much better, even with JIT.
 - Minor update of sprite handling
 - Corrected cpu cycle count in exceptions
 - Minor graphic gliteches fixed (Love-Demo)
 - Compiled with gcc 5.2

Source: View attachment uae4arm_src.zip

In Repo is a new version of UAE4ARM with these changes:

- Switched to newer picasso code from WinUAE. Works much better, even with JIT.
 - Minor update of sprite handling
 - Corrected cpu cycle count in exceptions
 - Minor graphic gliteches fixed (Love-Demo)
 - Compiled with gcc 5.2

Source: View attachment 12460

Hi TomB,

my system hdf file doesn't work with that new release ... a ClassicWB Lite v28 prepared under WinUAE.

Back to the 15/10/03 release to get it works again.

It seems that the new version of gcc did something unexpected. I try to compile again with gcc 4.9.

Strange... compiling on my VM (with gcc 4.3), HDF is ok, compiling on Pandora (with gcc 4,9 or 5.2) HDF crashes entire emulator.

A simple Workbench 3.1 with Picasso96 works fine.

If I try Workbench 3.9.hdf (build with another UAE) it starts, reset (normal because the tool setpatch patch the kickstart-rom) and didnt start again. It shows only the start-screen with the disk-animation. But it shows Kickstart 3.9 in this screen.

Any idea?

Then I install Amikit (the version for Original-Amigas). Installation works great, but after a reset it ends with an error-message "Setpatch not found". Any idea here?

Thanks TomB, I was holding back on updating until you got things sorted, I knew it wouldn't take long!

Back