Release [Alpha] UAE4ARM

TomB

Very Active Member
Here is a first alpha version of UAE4ARM, a new Amiga Emulator based on UAE4ALL.

Why a new version?
We reached the limit of the CPU core (FAME/C) used in UAE4ALL. It's very hard to enhance this version to enable new features. So I switched to the CPU core used in WinUAE and most other Amiga emulators. This brings us new CPU (68040), FPU (68881) and 32 bit addressing without lot of work. With this core, I was able to add the ARM JIT version of the aranym project.

What’s new in this version compared to UAE4ALL?
-    680x0 with 32 bit addressing mode
-    More compatible 68000 emulation
-    68040 emulation
-    FPU (68881) emulation
-    JIT (only useful when using CPU speed “Fastest”)
-    Auto detect Amiga ROMs
-    Up to 5 HDDs (mix of folder and hardfile possible)
-    Lot of new audio options (filter, stereo separation)

What have we lost with this new version?
We lost some performance, because the newcpu core is a bit slower than FAME/C and some compatibility changes and enhancements also cost us performance. It’s still possible to play A500 games with a 600MHz and lot of AGA games with a 1GHz Pandora. Maybe some AGA games still works with 600MHz Pandora with overclocking.

Note:
You can use your configuration files from UAE4ALL in UAE4ARM, but not your savestates.

UAE4ARM.pnd

uae4arm_src.zip

Attachments

• UAE4ARM.pnd
    2.6 MB · Views: 459
  • uae4arm_src.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 549
HDD Support :D

Awesome, finally :D

Is Picasso96 working as well with the Pandora?

Would be a nice workbench :D

Picasso96 will come in one of the next releases...

I'm trying to map left ALT and right ALT to left and right shoulder buttons. For Pinball Dreams. Doesn't seem to be working. I have custom control checked. And changed nothing else.. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you check the option "Custom controls" in Input settings, the mapping works fine.

I always struggled to get the other UAE to work for most of my game disks, so looking forward to trying this.

Yeah, Crackdown works great and button mapping is perfect.

I always struggled to get the other UAE to work for most of my game disks, so looking forward to trying this.
 You should use .hdf files to make a hard drive and use whdload, it's way more easy with this (and faster).
I keep meaning to look into how to set that all up, but no had much chance :(

I was giving some thought a little while ago about what nught happen on the Pyra as regards certain emulators. I know we are provisionally hoping for great things such as Dreamcast and possibly Saturn, but it wou.dn't be good to forget about the emulators that already run great on the Pandora. One of my all time favourites has been UAE4ALL and it's been great to see it's development on thePandora over the years. I had wondered would the project continue onto the Pyra, or would the limitiations of UAE4ALL hold it back and we would end up using some flavour of WinUAE (or equivalent) instead. To me UAE4ARM might just be the first bit of Pyra software, as it feels like it'll be a further optimised version of this that may well run in the (hopefully not-too-distant) future on the Pyra! It's another great bit of work from TomB!! :)

(Granted all being said, I still need to figure out how to get my files setup again properly on this, assiging device/volume labels (for a hdf and file directory) and boot priorities has me slightly confused, but I'll get there in the end!!)

Back