Aesthetic Criticism of the Pandora (split from What would you like to see thread)

The only change I would make would be to have a different colour for the outer shell, much like the red/black DS that was released a few years back.

Ideally, I'd like matte red outer and black inner - or maybe slightly lighter than the buttons/keys to make them stand out, such as anthracite - but I'd accept a glossy outer case (after all, my Pandora started out matte but is now glossy at the corners/edges and matt in the middle... not a good look).

Other than that, which should be easy enough to achieve, I'm not fussed about the design and actually really like most of the design choices made for the Pandora.

D.

I'm with you Grench, except for one thing : the engraved buttons.

They'll catch dirt at maximum speed. But else I totally agree.

As said before, I'm all up for a blood red case with black buttons. This should look fantastic.

but I'd accept a glossy outer case
glossy_paper.jpg

I don't want to have to polish my Pyra every time my fingers get within 3ft of it. Having to do so with my PS Vita is enough of a chore as it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Function>form that's my viewpoint, all of my stuff ends up looking like it comes from the Fallout universe after I've had it for a while anyway. :)
So aesthetics are very important to you, it just takes you a bit to get everything looking nice.  Same here.

but I'd accept a glossy outer case

glossy_paper.jpg

I don't want to have to polish my Pyra every time my fingers get within 3ft of it. Having to do so with my PS Vita is enough of a chore as it is.
I'm quite lucky in that:

1. I don't give a toss

2. I don't leave behind a lot of muck when I touch something

Seriously, my Pandora is shiny now, while the interior remains matte. It's quite nice, but a really deep glossy blood red would look so good on the outer case. Keep the interior matte though.

D.

It's already lost.

You know you'll like a beautiful thing at first, but you'll always get back to the more useable stuff.

It's pretty much done this way :

1) Make it as practical as possible

2) Enhance its looks as long as it doesn't harm anthing else

Your best move is to hope they'll won't forget part 2. ;)

It's already lost.

You know you'll like a beautiful thing at first, but you'll always get back to the more useable stuff.

Apple tends to forget step 1 quite a bit.  :p

-Glyph Reader

It's already lost.

Apple tends to forget step 1 quite a bit.  :p

-Glyph Reader
They have a large enough fanbase that they can get away with that and still be hugely successful.

It's already lost.

Apple tends to forget step 1 quite a bit. :p

-Glyph Reader
They have a large enough fanbase that they can get away with that and still be hugely successful.
"Cultists"

As an author some of my favourite looking devices are typewriters. I have two of them..A 1922 Underwood and a 1936 L.C Smith corona pre merger days (typewriter was made for Army pre WW2 And given to family's friends deceased husband during the Korean wars) Typewriters like the LC Smith are completely utilitarian, but they have subtle things that make them look nice. I love that honestly if I could get a Pyra that reminded me of my typewriter I'd be happy.. So yeah. Make it" uglier" I'd be happy.

lcsmith_typewriter_pic.jpg

Mines in mint condition:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back