What Kind Of Homebrew Games Would You Like To See?

Trevor Bradley said:
OK, but only because you guys are so awesome...

I have a few ideas regarding that little gem if you'd like to hear them. PM me if you're interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love some sort of Geometry Wars clone. It could of been easy if Grid Wars 2 was open source but unfortunately it isn't.

Dyer said:
I'd love some sort of Geometry Wars clone. It could of been easy if Grid Wars 2 was open source but unfortunately it isn't.
Hmmm, Do we know if a Vektar 2 is in the works? The orignal Vektar was solid quality, and I think a little tweaking for the dual analogs would make for a stellar sequel. Is DZZ still on the scene? Does Craigix own the rights to a sequel? I left a little over a year ago and haven't been keeping tabs, but I just ran a quick search and didn't find any definitive answers...

Tom` said:
Anyway, I agree. It would be cool to see some homebrew point and click adventure games, like the ScummVM ones, since it seems to be an uncommon genre these days.
I would love to see some homebrew point n clicks, id love to make my own too, but I think the reason you don't see many is that you need a really good story and some really good graphics or it just wont work. I'm just not a good enough pixel artist or story writer to do my own :(

P.S @ Fusion_Power: I may try and do some more work on the advanced wars game this upcoming week, my friends are off to the Leeds festival and so I wont have many distractions. No promises, but ill try.

Geuben said:
P.S @ Fusion_Power: I may try and do some more work on the advanced wars game this upcoming week, my friends are off to the Leeds festival and so I wont have many distractions. No promises, but ill try.
Not good enough. We want promises. And we want results. ;) Only kidding, I just really hope to see the finished product one day.

Trevor Bradley said:
OK, but only because you guys are so awesome...

Orbital Mechanic Test 30 (for gp2x)

Warning, it runs at 266Mhz by default and it somehow glitches up Gmenu2x after you quit. (reboot fixes). And if it's not obvious, it's incomplete...

Controls:
up/down: Lock prograde/retrograde
left/right: rotate left/right
L/R: thrust forward/backward
X: Chase View
Y: Orbit View
B: Orbital Sync Computer: Switch between Intersect 1 and 2
Start/Home: Quit

Have to get within 50km and hold to fix satellite... And right now that's all you do.. there's no end game.

Would like to fix up graphics (earth, ellipse drawing), thrust, improve vector computer, add music, sound, voiceovers (Old Lady Voice: "Sonny, I just have to have ma stories... can you fix the television for me?") storyline, instructions, etc. And of course Fenix and I have an animosity towards each other so I need to find any crash bugs and clean them up.

I've tried this "Game", very interesting Concept even if I don't have any clue how this thing works. It took me over a hour to get some results, the movement controlls are very confusing for me and it was more luck to bring the ship in range of the sattelite. :lol: A detailed manual could help maybe.
What do all these numbers on screen? What exactly does B-Button? What is the best way and tactic to controll the ship?
...and why does this game need 266MHz? ;)

sounds good. :) Maybe you find some help from the Forums? Here are some good coders laying around I think. ^_^

Aries said:
....Leisure Suite Larry etc. with touch screen support.
Ah, my 'stylus' would be grateful. Anywho, I'd like to see a good dodgeball game like Super Dodgeball or Dodgeball Advance.

Geuben said:
I would love to see some homebrew point n clicks, id love to make my own too, but I think the reason you don't see many is that you need a really good story and some really good graphics or it just wont work. I'm just not a good enough pixel artist or story writer to do my own :(
I did a small point & click game last year - http://www.booleansoup.com/index.php?p=40&...full&id=128

I plan to port B'lox! - http://www.booleansoup.com/index.php?p=40&...full&id=127 to Pandora, with a few extras :)

iprice said:
Geuben said:
I did a small point & click game last year - http://www.booleansoup.com/index.php?p=40&...full&id=128

I plan to port B'lox! - http://www.booleansoup.com/index.php?p=40&...full&id=127 to Pandora, with a few extras :)

OMG B'lox! is so great, never heard from it before. I would buy the pandora just to play this game in the train :lol:

If i'd ever get into gamedesign i'd probably start working on ideas for a free 2.5D/ 3D mmorpg for all pandora owners. There are currently some crossplatform games in development for pc and ppc/wmX platform like SOL, i think the pandora should be powerfull enough for this kind of gaming (considering it's dualnub and touchscreen) you'll be able to create a fast playing game like wow. i'd be into that! all day :D
actually...i'll start right away!

Back