Adamant Armor Affection Adventure

Buy consoles Pandora for Quasist and Don Miguel.
This is the first time I hear of such an option. Infact I thought it would rather be a question of convincing quasist of the pandora somehow. You probably know that name he calls the kind lady.

They work professionally and do not intend to port "into the air".
Thanks for that clarification. I will go now and tease Ziz and foxblock(... and everyone else who ported to consoles he or she doesn't have) how unprofessional they are.
I thought they did it to bring their work to a bigger audience...

Schnatterplatsch said:
This is the first time I hear of such an option. Infact I thought it would rather be a question of convincing quasist of the pandora somehow. You probably know that name he calls the kind lady.
I was watching the situation with Pandora since its was an idea. I knew Don Miguel and Quasist much earlier.
Quasist not hates what he has. He is no fool. He hates the "image" of Pandora. Business behind the opensource handheld, delay for a period of several years, poor build quality, the need to send the console "to preventive maintenance". Prove to him that he was wrong - give Pandora and let it will work for him at least six months. He porting those of its projects, which it sees fit. And the console will be in the line of consoles, for which he wrote his projects.
Thanks for that clarification. I will go now and tease Ziz and foxblock(... and everyone else who ported to consoles he or she doesn't have) how unprofessional they are.
Thanks for example. Schizophrenia at RIOT competition - it is a true example of professional work and the desire to sit on the all chairs at once.
In my opinion, professionalism - it does not wish to replicate work in all places where you can. It is responsible for final product quality. How can you guarantee the quality of debugging and testing for the console which you do not have?
Testing and debugging in this case turned into hell, and you can not be sure about the quality of the final product.
So why have the headache and much of the lost time, if much easier and more interesting make new project for those consoles that you have?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahahoj said:
Thanks for example. Schizophrenia at RIOT competition - it is a true example of professional work and the desire to sit on the all chairs at once.
In my opinion, professionalism - it does not wish to replicate work in all places where you can. It is responsible for final product quality. How can you guarantee the quality of debugging and testing for the console which you do not have?
Testing and debugging in this case turned into hell, and you can not be sure about the quality of the final product.
So why have the headache and much of the lost time, if much easier and more interesting make new project for those consoles that you have?

You really believe this? There are some really good professional projects out there yet they allow ports look at frogatto for example!
I'm pretty sure it will only benefit not hinder Don Miguel and Quasist's professionalism.

Please port or allow a port to pandora even if u have to let someone trusted like pickle to do the port!

People write programs with different goals. Who wants to be glorified. Someone wants to run his game even on the iron with an automatic heater.
It is their right.

I don´t understand the whole discussion here at all. It´s not available for Pandora, so what? Are you writing letters to konami for releasing PES12 on Pandora, too? No? Why not? This program is not Open Source and you have to live with the programmers decision.

Akabei said:
I don´t understand the whole discussion here at all. It´s not available for Pandora, so what? Are you writing letters to konami for releasing PES12 on Pandora, too? No? Why not? This program is not Open Source and you have to live with the programmers decision.

lol your taking things way out of proportion but whatever!

This is supposed to be a community!

No one is asking anyone to release the source code but it would be nice to spread the love of the open console community :)

spread the love people

maybe, I was out of proportion. But there seems to be reason (the love of the open console community?), why the programmers don´t want a pandora-release and this decision has to be respected as well.
btw I don´t know any of them, I just wonder.

No one is asking anyone to release the source code but it would be nice to spread the love of the open console community :)
Your community (Pandora) can not be called using the word "open".
Pandora community is "limited" group of people with rare consoles, it does not require special attention as a consequence, I'm sorry.

erh, Hahahoj, what is your idea of OPENSOURCE CONSOLE?????? an elite who have a rare console??! this is WRONG! and if you think this, PLEASE LET TO NINTENDO AND CO forum and buy a nintendo ds,3ds, a sony ps3... but if you think these ideas you aren't open :angry:

Kayuz, I write about Pandora community.
Consoles from GPH and Dingoo - this is truly "open" consoles.
Quasist to spread the love of the open console community, already.

.ps
and you do not believe this, but I already have nintendo ds,3ds,sony ps3, as well as gp32, gp2x f100,gp2x f200,psp,ps2,dreamcast,xbox360,dingoo,wii, e.t.c (i'm really tired).

Hahahoj said:
Your community can not be called using the word "open".
This is "limited" group of people with rare console, it does not require special attention as a consequence, I'm sorry.
what are you on about? the Pandora, the Cannoo, the Wiz and the Gp2x etc etc they are all classed under the same category, they are all "open" consoles and they all fall under your very own description

Hahahoj said:
This is "limited" group of people with rare console
They also all have sub forums on gp32x.de because they share the single attribute of being "open".

I think you need to stop all this "hating" there is no need for it, do you see me bad mouthing the consoles that you own? I think not, now a little bit of respect goes along way me thinks!

and again I say share the love :) this game looks really good and my respect goes to the authors! please port to Pandora (if and when you have time of course)

kayuz said:
erh, Hahahoj, what is your idea of OPENSOURCE CONSOLE?????? an elite who have a rare console??! this is WRONG! and if you think this, PLEASE LET TO NINTENDO AND CO forum and buy a nintendo ds,3ds, a sony ps3... but if you think these ideas you aren't open :angry:
You might be right kayuz, but the programmers can port their work, or publish the source code, or not.
That is not something, the community decides. If you don´t like the idea, just ignore them.

uhmm, now i understand ;)
pandora is limited beacouse the high prize... ehm,400 EUROS is too,no?? so, Milk is in right too, not hating but...

Hahahoj said:

Well as I am addressed directly here, I guess I have to answer.

First of all, yes, the game was buggy as hell and also did not work on any of the console from the start - this is completely our fault and we apologized for it.
Now there is a reason for why it went that way. The reason is not because we tried to target all consoles and failed due to the ability of testing, but rather because we did not have time for testing.
You see, for several reasons the game was only finished in the last minutes, so besides PC versions we did not have time to send console versions out to people for testing.
Now, some time after the competition all ports work as well as the PC version does and in most cases it was just missing files or a wrong compiler parameter - it certainly was not any hardware or software limitation.
In fact, there are several reason why we targeted all consoles.
- Porting to all consoles involved was a piece of cake (that's not always true of course) - targeting all of them does not require much more work than targeting any subset of them
- We want the greatest target audience possible, not only because we wanted to win, but more importantly because we want as many people enjoying our game as possible - that is THE reason why we make games, so why exclude people for whatever stupid reason
- The spirit of this community and the competition is supposed to be "open", so we tried to reinforce that principle as much as possible by releasing our source code and releasing for all platforms. We want all communities to take part in our work and not alienate them.

Last but not least, both Ziz and I don't own ANY of the consoles involved in the compo, so going after some people's logic we should not have even tried to make a game, which is rather stupid in my eyes.
Testing obviously is a problem, but in our case it was merely based on time, nothing else. After we had the time to ship out ports to several people the bugs were quickly found and addressed. I worked like that before in a Pandora homebrew competition and it worked out better, because I had two very nice people to help me out debugging the game by running a few tests and playing it. It's always better to own the hardware yourself and do all testing yourself, but if you got some dedicated and knowledgeable testers, that's not really an issue.

Please take this as a post defending myself, not attacking AAAA or any of the developers, I just replied on the mention of my name.

Good day.

milkshake said:
they are all "open" consoles and they all fall under your very own description
I can buy any "open" console at any time (Wiz, Caanoo, Dingoo). Pandora did not become public until now.
Paid money and wait three years - is not a sign of "open" console.

milkshake said:
They also all have sub forums on gp32x.de because they share the single attribute of being "open".
Pandora have sub forum on gp32x.de because Pandora was idea of the gp32x.de forum (it was born here), but the business behind it kills its nature.

milkshake said:
I think you need to stop all this "hating" there is no need for it, do you see me bad mouthing the consoles that you own? I think not, now a little bit of respect goes along way me thinks!
I do not understand why I must explain to you the obvious. I do not hate Pandora, I do not understand why this topic is a discussion in general.

milkshake said:
and again I say share the love :) this game looks really good and my respect goes to the authors! please port to Pandora (if and when you have time of course)
They have already answered you, but you can not see.

kayuz said:
pandora is limited beacouse the high prize... ehm,400 EUROS is too,no?? so, Milk is in right too, not hating but...
not only the high price. this is impossible to buy this console

Don Miguel said:
I think, someone should keep IRC clean. :(

IRC:
[Thursday, July 28, 2011] [12:12:29 am] <Da|Mummy> get the sand out of your vagina and release AAAA for pandora, few of us like craig anyway

[Thursday, July 28, 2011] [12:16:35 am] <schnatter> quasist: Give your ass a kick and release AAAA for the pandora!

[Thursday, July 28, 2011] [12:35:25 am] <schnatter> DaMummy|PND: We're doing it wrong. Maybe we have to convince him that it's the most evil thing to port it to the pandora.
since i have been addressed here, i guess i should reply as well.

why are you dirtying up my clean innocent name with such language, sir?

Hahahoj said:
I can buy any "open" console at any time. Pandora did not become public until now.
Buy the console in three years - is not a sign of open console.

Pandora have sub forum on gp32x.de because it was idea of the forum, but the business behind it kills its nature.

not only the high price and almost impossible to buy this console

What has this got to do with anything? stop talking rubbish! and stop your "hating" already!!!

Hahahoj said:
Stop talking about Pandora on the Caanoo forum, please.

im not you are!
plus you are not a moderator and its not against board rules to mention other handhelds.

Back