Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

Pyra logo LED notification lights will be infringing on a patent of Apple!
Alterslash link
verge link (cookies)
Shall these forums serve as evidence for prior art.

I just block all of facebook's named servers using ublock matrix these days. I used to use noscript for my web protection, but ublock matrix allows me to even block other things all the way down to images and the raw html coming from different servers, so in this instance I can not only block facebooks advertising and tracking scripts, I can block all connections to them.
Are you as irritated as I am, when being somewhere else experiencing youtube with adds?

Poetterware knows best! Well, I'd say the major distros gifted Linux(userland) to Poettering to be his own little MacOS.

@Klumpen: I have mixed feelings about Greta. On the one hand, you know that she is just the spokesperson/front for an interest group. A group that not have the best interests for us, we the people, but for corporations. By mixing real and good causes (for example: slow the animal mass-extinction; fight he overuse of plastics) with bullshit like man-made climate-change. Presenting us with skewed graphs (China and India as the biggest polluters, by using growth over the last 10 years, instead of current amount of pollution, which would point fingers at USA and Europe's industries.
On the other hand she mobilizes the youth and empowers them to think about their futures (instead of the next Justin Beaber videoclip).

There is Solar-system-wide warming, which includes the earth:
https://www.space.news/2015-10-06-e...eating-up-scientists-blame-solar-warming.html

5tvug2pzuj8y.jpg

Just re-read an inconvenient truth... the "altered version"...
And if we are in a global warming, stop posting things like:
https://www.theweek.co.uk/weather/92023/will-2019-be-the-coldest-uk-winter-on-record

Polar bears (yes, booming, however, shrinking habitat):
https://polarbearsinternational.org...-bear-populations-increasing-in-fact-booming/
So by hiding parts, you can lobby against or in favour... interesting, yes?

A study published in jan 2012 that there was no increment in earthquakes...
https://earthsky.org/earth/are-large-earthquakes-increasing-in-frequency
However, after jan 2012 they have gone up and have stayed high:
https://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-la-quakes-20140603-story.html
Here is a monthly count sinds 1997 (don't get scared now, it's just facts)

So here are my proposals (this is, after all, the absurdism corner):

• Prohibit volcano's from erupting and pumping deadly gases into our atmosphere.
  • Monetary sanctions for the Sun
  • Put back the lead in the Gasoline, this will lower the amount of gasoline consumed because each gallon/liter will give you more miles/kilometers. (cross away the units you do not use)
  • Invade central Afrika and Turkey This will secure the materials required to create electric cars (for which, once depleted, will not suffice to have electric cars for everyone. so buy one NOW before they are sold out!)
  • Break plastics into microplastics. Microplastics are invisible, so the problem is automatically gone.
  • Eat more veil. Veils are vermin that drinks milk, which we need for cheese and butter.
  • Pyra in 2 months!
  • Date robots!
[doublepost=1569771434,1569771052][/doublepost]
to suggest the exact location they should be posted in.
Best place is to post them on 9gag...

boo. i find it interesting you think Greta represents industry/corporations. the current polluters (cars, transportation, utilities, etc.) have a vested interest in keeping the status quo, despite the fact that pollution is bad for people.

n85re.So.79.jpg

that concern stands, regardless of what you think of climate change, which is very real, and there are things we should do about our part.

we ignore the science at our own peril...

Last edited:
@Djoga'Ro Yeah... *scratches head* I'll try to keep it absurd... but real..

that concern stands
Of course it stands. And what about Paris? See, if we want to survive as a planet (it's an acute problem, yes?) we need to start culling the population of the RED countries. (which, according to some philanthropic idiots, means we need to reduce beyond decimation).
The other option is take away their appetite for energy and material consumption, and make them live as non-1stworld nations. Less electric luxuries, approved-only international flights, no meat days, a maximum of 3 pair of shoes (no overconsumption; repair, don't throw away) a neighborhood pigpen that eats all the waste from the green bins and publictransport/cycling to your work. MANDATORY. Too far from work? Get a capsule house or move. While you are at it, no more plastic packages etc.

However, these are just the countries with the biggest armies... so how do you do this without triggering WW3?

In comes Greta.

Hopefully the countries that did not sign Paris now sign up for whatever Greta's team has in mind. Which could go either very bad (high fines for industry, making materials scarce and more expensive; collapsing old-industry; temporal unemployment until the new eco-industries flourish) or very well (for them, not for us, the people).

By doing so, they fall under the control of said group...

Netherlands itself is a contradictory f*ckfest. They are cutting down our trees in a fashion that feels like deforestation. But they are also planning to lower the max speed to 80 km/h.

Netherlands itself is a contradictory f*ckfest. They are cutting down our trees in a fashion that feels like deforestation. But they are also planning to lower the max speed to 80 km/h.
Sounds like some of the treehugger's demands are more in conflict with the moneybat's interests, and some are less. And since the moneybat tries to avoid to draw too much of the moneybag's attention, ...

Sounds like some of the treehugger's demands are more in conflict with the moneybat's interests, and some are less. And since the moneybat tries to avoid to draw too much of the moneybag's attention, ...
Speed limits get you money (from the speeders), deforestation gets you money (from the sold/leased flat space).
[doublepost=1569826888,1569826538][/doublepost]
image0.jpg

Reminds me of The Robot vs The Aztec Mummy.
The title of that movie was promising, but the film was disappointing (apart from the far too short fight scene between the titular Robot and Aztec Mummy)

Back