Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

fa093df0d6a01783fb57043a8e24b77c.jpg

Goths would not like me.

Interestingly, I have no problems with the fashion.
I like the old goth fashion from the 80s and not this modern cyberpunk / ebm bullshit and have some of my own I like to wear and that fits to my long hair.

When it comes to the people, I can't find any difference between goths, hiphoppers, metalers, hipsters, folkies and any other crowd, they're all superficial and blind hedonists to me without many virtues or beautiful personalities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like your typical human to me...
Sarah Butts as candidate for planet mascot?
My guess is that most of the population of other species would feel that any human would not be a decent mascot.  As a human, I don't feel that this one would be a very good representation of humans, so I don't think this would be the best candidate for a mascot for the planet, and imagine that other species would probably agree with me.

I nominate these guys:

wormgruntinghero.jpg

I have a few more for consideration.

Armillaria solidipes, specifically the one mentioned at the beginning of the third paragraph here.

I like trees, and when I first found out about this one a few years ago I was impressed.  Supposedly a part near the middle was cut out 90 years ago to prevent further damage and disease after it was struck by lightning.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/H7sACT0Dx0Q?feature=oembed

I should have said humanity mascot.

I regard every individual in a species as an instance of a single lifeform.

I will go further to say I regard every expression of life from all species across all universes as fractal instances of a single lifeform.

I.e. you would be the other individual if you were generated and placed in the exact same circumstances.

I don't regard anything as beyond anyone.

From my view the only thing seperating human beings is the circumstances they find themselves in, the degree to which they feed into fear, and the degree to which they take ownership of personal accountability.

I've noted that fear and stupidity generate each other in a self-perpetuating cycle.

Fear is nothing other than denial, and those in denial are desperate to be seen as acceptable by the majority.

Working past fear into personal acceptance leads to increased intelligence.

I've noted that fearless intelligent people are often demonized because they are not ashamed of their own shadow, and will point out to the fearfull ones how much they are in denial.

I'm not saying Miss Butts is fearless and intelligent, after all what kind of idiot admits to criminal activity... on the internet.

What I am saying is Miss Butts does not disturb or surprise me in the slightest.

If we are choosing a type of organism as Planet mascot, my vote goes to Plankton.

After all, which organism could be more important than the most abundant one...

We lose Plankton, and this planet will go belly up in short order.

Edit: I was ninja'd

I will go further to say I regard every expression of life from all species across all universes as fractal instances of a single lifeform.

I.e. you would be the other individual if you were generated and placed in the exact same circumstances.

From my view the only thing seperating human beings is the circumstances they find themselves in, the degree to which they feed into fear, and the degree to which they take ownership of personal accountability.

I've noted that fear and stupidity generate each other in a self-perpetuating cycle.

Fear is nothing other than denial, and those in denial are desperate to be seen as acceptable by the majority.

I've noted that fearless intelligent people are often demonized because they are not ashamed of their own shadow, and will point out to the fearfull ones how much they are in denial.

I'm not saying Miss Butts is fearless and intelligent, after all what kind of idiot admits to criminal activity... on the internet.

What I am saying is Miss Butts does not disturb or surprise me in the slightest.

If we are choosing a type of organism as Planet mascot, my vote goes to Plankton.

Speaking of "denial" and "acceptance": Aren't you supporting his denial if you call him "miss"?

Your post seems a little paradox in this regard.

Or do you support some denials (like the trendy one regarding the biological sex) and some not?

Speaking of "denial" and "acceptance": Aren't you supporting his denial if you call him "miss"?
Your post seems a little paradox in this regard.

Or is it, that you support some denials (like the biological sex) and some not?
I think in paradoxes. I realize a huge amount of my arguments come off as poorly reasoned.

In my mind, denying yourself, or others, is completely different to denial (of self or others).

Denial I was refering to is to hide something so completely that you forget you hid it, or even what 'it' is.... so that when 'it' makes it's appearance in another form... it will make the 'hider' feel extremely threatened for a reason they can't grasp and so evokes fear.

A fear which usually makes them campaign violently against the form the 'it' has arrived in.... they would be horrified and furious if someone were to tell them that 'they' are actually the 'it' they are fighting against...

**** This probably points to me already ruling this planet and actually being the antichrist in denial.

I deny my body's sexual urges as a conscious choice. (for reasons stated elsewhere)

However, if I believed I had no sexual urges because of being celibate, I would be in denial... which is an unconscious choice.

I should have further qualified what I meant by acceptance.

I meant it as 'acceptance of truth', which is to recognise what is, is.

I did not mean it in the context of 'accepting someone's version of a story'

Which should have a different word closer to nieve and gullible and maybe indifferent.

In this sense I am indifferent towards Miss Butts' physical anatomy, and if he feels more affinity with being a she... I see no issues there?

Hmm... an example.

Subject A is a human that believes they are a flying buny.

Subject A says 'I accept I am a flying buny'.

Subject A is in denial.

Subject A realizes one day they are a human and even though they hate the fact, they can deny it no longer.

Subject A says 'I accept I am only a human being '.

Subject A is still in denial.

Subject A spends many years in introspection and realizes the flying buny is just as intrinsic to who he is, perhaps even more so, than the circumstances he finds himself in (being human).

Subject A says 'I accept I am both a human being in this reality, but I am ALSO a flying buny in another reality! '

Subject A has achieved self acceptance.

Nice explanation.

**** This probably points to me already ruling this planet and actually being the antichrist in denial.
Now it would be interesting to know if it actually is better this way or if we are really screwed from the moment on you accept this as a fact. :eek:

Back