Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

15-of-the-rarest-and-most-mind-blowing-photographs-in-history-2.jpg

*partypoop*

You just love to spoil the fun, don't you? :p
"While this style of eyewear was not yet widespread, it is more plausible that the photograph shows a man of his time with unusual fashion sense rather than a time traveler"
So not a timetraveling hipster, just a period appropriate hipster. :p
Or he had a job requiring this sort of eye protection and just happened to keep them on, or had sensitive eyes or something. I have examples of eyeglasses with tinted lenses dating at least 50 years prior to this, and there were some with additional side protection by this time (I may have some of these as well).  I am sure safety glasses/goggles were widely used by those that needed them prior to when the photograph was made.

*partypoop*

You just love to spoil the fun, don't you? :p
"While this style of eyewear was not yet widespread, it is more plausible that the photograph shows a man of his time with unusual fashion sense rather than a time traveler"
So not a timetraveling hipster, just a period appropriate hipster. :p
Or he had a job requiring this sort of eye protection and just happened to keep them on, or had sensitive eyes or something. I have examples of eyeglasses with tinted lenses dating at least 50 years prior to this, and there were some with additional side protection by this time (I may have some of these as well).  I am sure safety glasses/goggles were widely used by those that needed them prior to when the photograph was made.
Oxy fuel goggles, My guess is shade 3-4 which would make them dark enough to protect from a flame yet not blocking out your sight. I have sensitive eyes that could handle walking around in 5's all day long.

I have a set from the 1950's that are shade 3 made for supervisors that are strong enough to look over somebody's shoulder but not strong enough to do the welding. These are great because they work so brilliantly. I used them daily for my welding class, people though I was a bit insane using a 1940's welding helmet with a auto darkening lens in it and those glasses but I never had a spark land on my neck till I swapped to a modern helmet  <_<

However if he was a time traveler I'd be more curious about the camera. Looks almost like Kodak Dualflex the type I proposed to my fiance with.. if thats the case then who knows. Now if you ever seen a photograph of a guy in a tophat walking around the 1950's with a pandora then you're gonna have to ask me how the hell I did it.

Last edited by a moderator:
GTA SA mod... I recognize the colour pallete.
Thanks, that explains everything. Look so photo-realistic.
GTA sa mods are insane.. The poly count of a normal car in the game is about 700 at the most.... these mods can have up to 4000 per each vehicle.  Hd texture packs too might also be at play, and the mods usually have a sense of humour.. The moded GTA SA had a tendency to look better then the other GTA games There was even one guy who was porting over the physics engine from GTA 4 to SA before the pc came out, but his project got destroyed by copyright people claiming it was illegal. Same thing with a great project to make Fallout 3 multiplayer or a mod that allowed fallout NV to work with Fallout 3 binaries... All of these people had lawyers go after them because of the legal issues.....Yeah you can imagine how I feel about THAT.

4000, WOW! No wonder it looks sweet~ That van is legit eye candy for the kids :wub:
yeah I once found a guy who basically made a the models so intense they had soft body physics almost in them. Also when the car would explode the engine and other bits would go FLYING out... Nothing beats seeing an engine block fly into the air to just land on a gangsta whose trying to kill you loony tunes style.

The period of human development I think I like the least is teens and young adults.

There are no delussions about the 'Joys of being young' in me... if I could keep the wisdom and experience gained... I would erase my life from say 12 to 30/34

The only humans from that age group I *may* have time for are those who actively resist human nature, do not follow the popular crowd, have somehow managed to ignore their screaming hormones and social conditioning, and thus are not constantly on a quest to either:

1) Get laid

2) Get hitched / find love

3) Become more popular / gain social influence

Just woke up, so perhaps I'm being especially intolerant.

I think I could paint the picture thus:

This whole vampire/creature of darkness lustfest and 'shipping obsession that's been targetted at the youth for all these years, is the antithisis of what I concider good taste.

Goths would not like me.

Interestingly, I have no problems with the fashion.

The period of human development I think I like the least is teens and young adults.

There are no delussions about the 'Joys of being young' in me... if I could keep the wisdom and experience gained... I would erase my life from say 12 to 30/34

The only humans from that age group I *may* have time for are those who actively resist human nature, do not follow the popular crowd, have somehow managed to ignore their screaming hormones and social conditioning, and thus are not constantly on a quest to either:

1) Get laid

2) Get hitched / find love

3) Become more popular / gain social influence

Just woke up, so perhaps I'm being especially intolerant.

I think I could paint the picture thus:

This whole vampire/creature of darkness lustfest and 'shipping obsession that's been targetted at the youth for all these years, is the antithisis of what I concider good taste.

Goths would not like me.

Interestingly, I have no problems with the fashion.
^

Number 1 is a necessity to me.

^ Fight it man, fight it!

... or don't, it's your life and your planet. If that's what does it for you.

Just don't expect me to have any sympathy towards any 'distress' you may ever have had or develop because of your 'nescessity'.

Whatever makes you happy.

Back