Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

Was £4.99

Now £0.89

:)

20uyglg.png

The second last one reminds me of something:

Here in the UK, all mains plugs must have an earth(ground) pin, which is slightly longer than the live and neutral pins.

There are mechanical plastic shutters inside the socket that cover the live and neutral contacts, until the earth pin is inserted.

This means that the only way to electrocute yourself is to find something earth-pin-shaped, push that into the earth hole/slot, then find something conductive and push that into the live hole.

There are even rules saying that it should be impossible to insert the plug upside-down (that is, earth pin in, but live and neutral going over the top of the socket.

Despite all this, you can still get these: http://www.fatallyflawed.org.uk/

---

Also, which doofus decided that brown and blue were good colours for mains wiring?

We used to have:

red = live

green = earth

black = neutral

...which is far more intuitive.

I can't even remember which way round blue and brown are supposed to be right now.

The second last one reminds me of something:

Here in the UK, all mains plugs must have an earth(ground) pin, which is slightly longer than the live and neutral pins.

There are mechanical plastic shutters inside the socket that cover the live and neutral contacts, until the earth pin is inserted.

This means that the only way to electrocute yourself is to find something earth-pin-shaped, push that into the earth hole/slot, then find something conductive and push that into the live hole.

There are even rules saying that it should be impossible to insert the plug upside-down (that is, earth pin in, but live and neutral going over the top of the socket.

Despite all this, you can still get these: http://www.fatallyflawed.org.uk/

---

Also, which doofus decided that brown and blue were good colours for mains wiring?

We used to have:

red = live

green = earth

black = neutral

...which is far more intuitive.

I can't even remember which way round blue and brown are supposed to be right now.

Bloody hell!

I didn't actually know this.

And I have those 'so called protector' adapters.

My daughter is not even crawling yet, but come that time I would've got these things into all my unused plug sockets... completely unaware that blocking that top [earth] pin could have this effect.

I'm going to throw them away, and spread this word a little bit too.

So many people I bet are unaware of this and buy these with the best intentions.

thanks for link info

^ depends on weather you're fixing a plug, or a socket.

What would be wrong with black + red + (green/yellow stripes) ?

A little late for Thanksgiving, but ready for Christmas.. so yeah....

Linky

Last edited by a moderator:
You have no idea how many times my girlfriend has had close calls whilst on Facebook. One of which funnily enough was at St Kilda beach where she almost walked straight into a large pit a kid was digging. 

I will never get women and their phones  :wacko:

Back