A small photo story

I only I lived closer to Germany I would definitely go by and visit the GamesCom. I think the way ED promotes the Pandora and Pyra is really excellent and all those talks he gives are totally awesome!

I don't wear any watches or bracelets or anything on my wrists, feels too weird.

But I would love this proposed BT/Arduino/LED status reporting gizmo ... a clip or button gizmo of sorts would be good, that I could clip on my jean pocket or then clip to my car mirror when on road.

Like this idea though

I think i wait until other Merchendising is ready (like the Pyra) because on Mugg is a bit less for a Package from Ingolstadt to my Place in South West Germany..

A T-Shirt would be great :)

Also, a Paket from EvilDragon whitout a Pyra Handheld in it, would be a bit anoying.. ^^

I use to wear a big fett G-Shock Watch on my wrist..

But i wouldnd buy such a device..

More likly something to wear the Pyra on my wrist as a Baddass Wrist Watch :)

(My Watch plays Mario 64)..

I don't wear any watches or bracelets or anything on my wrists, feels too weird.

But I would love this proposed BT/Arduino/LED status reporting gizmo ... a clip or button gizmo of sorts would be good, that I could clip on my jean pocket or then clip to my car mirror when on road.

Like this idea though
Sounded to me like the star trek button, put a microphone in it and you can you use voice commands.

push, -bleep-, "Pyra, call my wife and tell that I'm late because I _have_ to play games."

Just saw the twitter picture of the screen, nice, is that a horizontal square or a vertical square ? :)

Just saw the twitter picture of the screen, nice, is that a horizontal square or a vertical square ? :)
i-see-what-you-did-there-rage-face-meme.png

The arduino bluetooth thingy sounds easy enough, AFAIK Adafruit has a variant of it called "Gemma" with a LiPo charger/power circuit on board. Attach a neopixel ring and an EZ-Link module and you're there. A few lines of code and you have a serial bluetooth link to 16 individually controllable RGB LEDs.

I could even throw together a simple demo with a similar board I have here at home, but first I need some sleep.

Additionally, I've opened up the Pyra section in the DragonBox shop.
It will be filled with some merchandise products soon.

I'll also put the actual unit on there (of course, it can't be ordered yet), as the shop supports notification eMails, so everyone who has interest in the device but doesn't want to follow the development can inscribe himself into the notification list and get an eMail when ordering starts.
How does one sign up for the email thingy?

Like this idea though
Sounded to me like the star trek button, put a microphone in it and you can you use voice commands.

push, -bleep-, "Pyra, call my wife and tell that I'm late because I _have_ to play games."
Make it look just like the screen used ones and I will buy this.  I prefer the later style as used in DS9, VOY and TNG films, but some TNG variants are cool.  http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Combadge

I'll also put the actual unit on there (of course, it can't be ordered yet), as the shop supports notification eMails, so everyone who has interest in the device but doesn't want to follow the development can inscribe himself into the notification list and get an eMail when ordering starts.
You can do that once the product is online on the product notification page (works for every product I offer :) )

I realize now that I meant the SparkFun LillyPad, not Adafruit Gemma. I'll put something together tonight and publish the source, however it will be based on the FioV3 (different size and pinout, but same basic design).

Here we go, a quick base ready for adaption to your Arduino variant of choice: http://pastebin.com/p0hFXzTX . It's heavily commented so porting it to pretty much any Arduino based device should only require very basic coding skills. Maybe even the not-quite-Arduino-compatible boards like the Gemma I mentioned earlier, though you'd probably need to rewrite some parts to use the SoftwareSerial library.

Quick edit:

I completely forgot to mention this lacks any form of animation besides a very dirty implementation of a fade feature (halve the brightness every 100 ms). It's also only tested with the NeoPixel stick, which has 8 "pixels", meanwhile the ring has 12, 16 or 24 depending on the size so remember to change that in the define at the top.

Edit:

I updated the script to use the map() function for fading out. The result is a bump in refresh rate from 10Hz to 200Hz (not a typo, 2000% higher refresh rate), looks a lot smoother now. http://pastebin.com/A8BqKrgW . I'm also making a separate thread for this since it's starting to become a bit more of a serious project.

Edit 2:

Link to thread http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/16709-external-notification-leds-via-bluetooth/

Last edited by a moderator:

You can do that once the product is online on the product notification page (works for every product I offer :) )
I thought the idea was to sign up so I know when it was ready?

I use to wear a big fett G-Shock Watch on my wrist..

But i wouldnd buy such a device..

More likly something to wear the Pyra on my wrist as a Baddass Wrist Watch :)

(My Watch plays Mario 64)..
Pyra pip boy? Hmmmmm...

Back