A small insight into my Mega Man collection (because some folks asked :P)

I'm just going to quote what I said in Sugar_Kane's Mega Drive thread;

Rockman_Mega_World.png

I finally added Rockman Mega World (the marginally more common and slightly less expensive Japanese version of Mega Man: The Wily Wars) to my collection, thus giving my SuperKey (DIP-switched import cartridge, which is required for this game since it's properly region-locked) a work-out, since I'm pretty sure that Multi-Megas can't be region-modded.

Sure, I've said around here a bunch of times that it's a poor (and somewhat buggy) reprogramming job that doesn't do justice to the original three games that it contains (and that the unlockable game at the end, the Journey to the West-based "Wily Tower", is the only worthwhile part of it), and that is certainly true, especially considering the ridiculous sums of money it fetches. However, I was lucky to get this for a lot less than what people pay even for bootlegs and reproductions, never mind the real thing, for this on eBay and the like. Given that I didn't pay a ludicrous price, I'm very happy indeed with it, and having a lot of fun aiming to unlock Wily Tower.

Last edited by a moderator:
based on those pictures, i wouldnt even know what that thing is for, and if that shirt were a little closer to $10, id jump on it, maybe even $15, since ive gotten some good responses on my first mega man shirt, but for $20? sheesh

^ Check the top of the casing for the game. It does note that it's a Mega Drive game cartridge. ;)

i only had the sega master system and dreamcast as far as sega goes :(

Prometheus is Eric Cartman and I claim my £10 :D

I have to admit, the only time I had ever heard of MegaMan before reading these boards was in some Southpark episode a few years ago...

The South Park "Mega Man" is of no relation, to the best of my knowledge. :lol: I'm genuinely surprised you hadn't heard of the game series before, though.

I must be showing my advanced age :D

Maybe it was more of a US thing? I'm in the UK.

Most of the console gaming scene passed me by first time round - I started with a Spectrum then an Amiga. Didn't get my first console until the PS1 came out (I played Ridge Racer on a demo unit and decided I had to have one).

Thanks, guys. :lol:

Incidentally, I think that DaMummy might like this post, as it has some interesting things in it. :p

Tron_Bonne_Statue.png

Firstly, here is the cold-cast Tron Bonne statue that stands proudly on my desk. I can't believe that I didn't add a picture of this before, so here's a snapshot. :p Whilst there is a slot for Tron on the base (there's a metal pole in one of her feet that fits into this), the three Servbots are actually loose and frequently fall over due to most of their weight being in their heads (one of them has a tiny chip because of that). I really should figure out exactly where I want them to stand and Sugru them in place, one of these days.

Pencil_Board_Front.png

A thin plastic pencil board (shitajiki), promoting the original Super Famicom release of Rockman & Forte in 1998. I have ten of these, simply because I won an auction for a pack of ten of them.

Pencil_Board_Back.png

The back of the shitajiki, featuring some blurb about some of the characters and whatnot.

Rockman_Road_to_X_Best_Collection_Volume_1.png

A doujin CD titled "Rockman Road to X Best Collection Volume 1". You can hear some tunes from this on YouTube if you're so inclined.

And last of all, a real piece of history...

Rockman_7_Card-holder.png

Rockman_7_Card-holder_Open.png

This is a Rockman 7 card-holder, in the shape of the cartridge for that game (although it's a little smaller and thinner than a real SNES cartridge), except the label is not the same as the retailed game. What's so special about it, you ask? To my knowledge only 22 of these were made - this is one of them. More importantly, and this is the reason why there are only 22 of them, it was a runner-up prize for the boss contest for Rockman 7, meaning that the person who won this came close (but sadly not close enough) to having their boss design appear in the game. Accordingly, it's an actual bit of history relating to Mega Man 7, and a new high point for my collection. :)

did you ever get the megaman 9 (or was it 8?) nes cart (it wasnt a real cart as the game was dlc for xbox and wii etc) I would have loved to get obne of those I think they were handed out at e3 or some sort of place like that, they had a nes box as well as the cart itself which contained a cd as i recall...

^ That was the press-kit for Mega Man 9, and unfortunately they were too expensive for me to obtain one. Capcom USA had some left over and sold them through their online store for a time, but the price was high, their shipping to here was high, and even if I'd used a deputy or mail-forwarding service to get a cheaper shipping price, it still would have been prohibitively expensive, so I had to give that one a miss!

Quite the contrast to the boss-contest runner-up prize which, astonishingly, nobody else bid against me on, leaving me to get it for just a few pounds (including deputy service fees). :blink:

so after looking at page one again, you mention of some stuff youve made yourself, how about showing off some of those as well? i dont mean the novel as i doubt thats ready yet, but other stuff and thingies youve made related to megaman

I've only mentioned it fifty gabillion times. :p

EDIT: Whoops, missed a post, there!

so after looking at page one again, you mention of some stuff youve made yourself, how about showing off some of those as well? i dont mean the novel as i doubt thats ready yet, but other stuff and thingies youve made related to megaman
I don't know... I'm rather shy about my own work. :p

The novel is Megaman-related?
really...? i think it was obvious the second she mentioned a novel what it would be about w/o even saying it

I've only mentioned it fifty gabillion times. :pEDIT: Whoops, missed a post, there!

I don't know... I'm rather shy about my own work. :p
we're from the internet, how bad could we possibly criticize it? ;)

Back