A small insight into my Mega Man collection (because some folks asked :P)

In Megaman Battle Network games, Roll looks more like a "possible girlfriend" than a little sister.

At least from what I remember from Battle Network 5.

roll-megaman-holding+arm.jpg
wink.gif

EDIT :
ph34r.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
His sister? I was thinking it would be his Girlfriend! But whatever it is all good because the main point of the game would be the female lead.
yup megawoman.Now we just have to hope a dev will make this.Not likely/Propably not gonna happen.

see i knew you had buttloads more random megaman stuff, and i promise you this thread will not die until you bring everything out of storage for some photography, but that was a nice set of pictures with a lot of nice info, as i was wondering if any of the little fast food places and such had their own megaman toys, so if any mcdonalds, or burgerking had happy meal megaman toys, id want to see those, or even better, if the Kinder eggs had any megaman toys, as theres a whole 'nother fanatic side when it comes to Kinder toys, and bootleggs of officially licensed stuff is always interesting to see, and once you being everything out of storage, please say which of the collections will be those "wow i completely forgot i even had this" moments

In Megaman Battle Network games, Roll looks more like a "possible girlfriend" than a little sister.

At least from what I remember from Battle Network 5.

roll-megaman-holding+arm.jpg
wink.gif

EDIT :
ph34r.gif
In the Battle Network series, they're unrelated.

Unfortunately, Battle Network (both in its localised form and its original language) spoils a pun that was present in the original games - Mega Man's real name is Rock, and his sister is Roll. (The localisation of the original series nerfs a related one, too; The robots built by Dr. Light were named after his favourite types of music - but they changed Blues to Proto Man for the English-language games.)

see i knew you had buttloads more random megaman stuff, and i promise you this thread will not die until you bring everything out of storage for some photography, but that was a nice set of pictures with a lot of nice info, as i was wondering if any of the little fast food places and such had their own megaman toys, so if any mcdonalds, or burgerking had happy meal megaman toys, id want to see those, or even better, if the Kinder eggs had any megaman toys, as theres a whole 'nother fanatic side when it comes to Kinder toys, and bootleggs of officially licensed stuff is always interesting to see, and once you being everything out of storage, please say which of the collections will be those "wow i completely forgot i even had this" moments
For want of not keeping a thread bumped, when I do get stuff out, I'll come back to post pictures.

I should note something about the bootleg pins, by the way: I don't believe that they're bootlegged from a real set of pins. They just happen to be unlicensed pins using official artwork that I don't think has otherwise been turned into pins. :p

Also, about fast food premiums: I know that in some Asian countries, there was a set of Battle Network toys issued at McDonalds about five years or so ago. I don't have them, though - I'm not a huge Battle Network fan. There are no Kinder Surprise toys to my knowledge, sadly.

His sister? I was thinking it would be his Girlfriend! But whatever it is all good because the main point of the game would be the female lead.
yup megawoman.Now we just have to hope a dev will make this.Not likely/Propably not gonna happen.
I am learning, and I like this idea. Platformers aren't that hard from what I understand and This seems like a doable project. I may be talking nonsense though...

I am learning, and I like this idea. Platformers aren't that hard from what I understand and This seems like a doable project. I may be talking nonsense though...
By all means go for it.I could only supply ideas really, though prometheus is clearly the expert.
Would be a novel game idea.

Wow, what a great thread! :D

I'm looking forward to many more like these once everyone has their Pandora.

I'l also looking forward to trying Megaman as I haven't played it yet.

By all means go for it.I could only supply ideas really, though prometheus is clearly the expert.
I can just imagine Prometheus designing a Megaman (or -woman) game. Methinks it would end up like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8UTz4gdXtg.

^ I'm just watching that video with my mouth hanging open in shock. That's evil and horrible. :lol: I can't imagine it being any fun. (Anyway, you saw my Robot Master picks earlier in the thread. There's a start. Although if I was doing something "original", I'd probably have to go with Delay Man, Banker Man, Nubdeath Man, Purpletint Man, and Volcano Man.)

I can just imagine Prometheus designing a Megaman (or -woman) game. Methinks it would end up like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8UTz4gdXtg.
they are making mega man legends 3 for 3ds a community project, meaning regular developers/coders are welcome to take part in creating the game

they are making mega man legends 3 for 3ds a community project, meaning regular developers/coders are welcome to take part in creating the game
People get to vote on a few things or submit some pictures and such, within strict guidelines - they're not taking input from outside coders. It's not really all that different to the way they've almost always taken boss submissions since Mega Man 2, with the winners being used in-game (and yes, I do have a boss or two designed, ready for when they run one of these again for the original series). Calling it a community project is really quite misleading on their part, I think - it's just like the old boss contests, but on a bigger scale, and not just covering bosses. :p

yea i didnt really do too much extensive research on the issue, once again probably because the legends series just didnt click with me for some reason, even though it seems to have such high praise from people, could be something as simple as me not liking mega man with his blue hat(or whatever you call it) off, that was probably the main game for me that didnt make the right transaction from 2d to 3d for me, maybe i should try 1 and 2 on pee sex emulator again once i get my pandora, on the other hand, i really enjoyed jet force gemini on n64, and that game had a very similar feel to mega man

^ To be honest, aside from The Misadventures of Tron Bonne, Legends is one of the "least clicky" series for me. :p I'm hoping for a proper installment in the original series for the 3DS, as well, and I've got a gut feeling that it might happen if the new 3DS Super Mario Bros. game does well, which it will since 2D Mario is always a killer-app.

Also, I will have another photo or two later - I had something new to the collection arrive in the mail today.

EDIT: Ok, time for a new photo, already. :p

Game_Over_and_Temp_Sound_Solutions_CDs.png

Three CDs, this time. Two of them are by Game Over, which I bought because I'd heard a couple of their Mega Man tracks on OC ReMix, and I found that they had a few more on their CDs. I've mentioned not buying CDs and only going for MP3s previously due to a lack of space, but in this case there was no choice - they only sell their music on CDs, with the artwork and liner included. The CDs are "Nintendo Metal", their first album, and "NESperado", their second. The third CD is "Now Youre Playing With Powar 6: Elorgtussy's Favorite Hits (CD 1)" by Temp Sound Solutions, and was included as a bonus. It, too, has a couple of Mega Man tracks (as well as coverage of a bunch more awesome game tunes), so that was a nice surprise.

Nice. I saw those CDs on VGMdb a while ago, but the album art sort of put me off. Must have another look, now that tey've put the songs on their radio service.

i gotta say, that is the worst megaman facial expression by far

Nice. I saw those CDs on VGMdb a while ago, but the album art sort of put me off. Must have another look, now that tey've put the songs on their radio service.
They're well worth listening to. Their songs tend to stick to the theme set by the name of the band, so I guess you could call it a light video game equivalent to death-metal. :lol: Their most recent song, "Light's Out" (that apostrophe isn't a typo, it's a pun based around Dr. Light) is fantastic. It's up for download on both their website and their OC ReMix page, and the lyrics are available on their site.

i gotta say, that is the worst megaman facial expression by far
Great CD, though. :p And NESperado has more Mega Man tunes than Nintendo Metal does.

And now, some new pictures and links for you all, because I had a couple of things out of storage today. :p

Rockman-_The_Power_Battle_PCB.png

Firstly, this is my Rockman: The Power Battle CPS1 PCB. It was the very first arcade PCB I ever bought, and is one of only three Mega Man arcade titles that I could ever feasibly obtain. There is only one more I could feasibly get, and that is the PlayChoice-10 version of Mega Man 3. The only other one that I know of at all is a very rare 1993 pinball machine called "Rockman Panic Shot!" (I had to borrow the picture of this from a Google Image Search, as I appear to have lost the little scan I had of the machine's promotional flyer, unfortunately).

I wasn't originally going to take a photograph of this board as I had figured that no-one would find it that interesting, but I spent some time last night studying how to spot bootleg CPS1 boards, and upon seeing some examples of genuine ones which had been well-used, I became quite proud of mine. :p As you can see, it's a sterling example of a CPS1 Dash based board (later CPS1 games, like Street Fighter II' Championship Edition, use the CPS1 Dash board - this is one of them), and all of its ROMs, labels, and so on, are all original and intact, and have clearly never been altered or tampered with by the board's previous owners and operators. It's also perfectly clean and well-cared-for. I was very lucky to get this one for the price I got it for.

This one is easier to maintain than its sequel (the yellow-cased board shown in my first post in this thread), because most CPS1 games, including this one, do not have a suicide battery. Rockman 2: The Power Fighters is CPS2-based (all CPS2 titles have suicide batteries on-board), and will eventually cost me some money to get "Phoenixed" when its battery dies and takes the game's encryption keys with it (it had had its battery replaced shortly before I purchased it, though, so it won't be for a few years yet). I don't *really* mind, though, as I have no desire (and ability, admittedly) whatsoever to futz around with trying to desolder and replace potentially-dangerous lithium cells.

My apologies for the larger than usual photograph - I was just really happy with how it came out. :p

Metool_Quilted_Cushion_Cover.png

Secondly, here is a very traditional quilted cushion cover (minus cushion at the moment) I bought, which just so happens to bear a sprite of a Metool. I really like the combination of a traditional handicraft with video game sprites. If you also find this appealing, you can buy them here, where numerous other NES games are also covered (pardon the pun).

Also, I'm now awaiting receipt of a set of these awesome Buster schematics, by Miles D of The Daily Robot, which were just far too cool to pass up.

^ It's a great board, no? :p

One day I'll get a nicer cabinet and set it up with a MultiJAMMA switcher, so that I can have both of my Mega Man boards (along with any others I've gotten by then) in-situ at once.

Back