A plan taking form (2011-10-05)

Sounds like things are really moving ahead, you've gained a lot of momentum apparently.

Maybe I'll also do a coding competition, where you can win one of the prototypes that is produced at Global Components. Signed by me in the battery compartment.
Sounds like a nice idea :)

This reminded me of the old days... back when the Amiga 1000 was released and on the inside of the casing in the plastic mold there were signatures from the team that created it... Those were the days

Actually, we were planning to do the same with silkscreen on the PCB, but the program MWeston used to design the board didn't offer custom graphics or TTFs :(

That is unspeakably awesome. :lol: A shame that it couldn't be done!

Oh, speaking of silk-screening, that brings a question to my mind: Will future Pandoras have that on their casing, or will that have to wait for the next batch of cases?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the updates, ED! Also thank you and Craig both for the updates on email queue progress, It's wonderful to see things moving. I'm just a tiny bit sad that it looks like it won't be a Christmas present for me this year. ;)

I wish OPT luck, and fortitude!

Maybe I'll also do a coding competition, where you can win one of the prototypes that is produced at Global Components. Signed by me in the battery compartment.

Sounds like a nice idea :)

awww, now I wish I had a lot of free time to learn how to code (properly) :)

but really, it's great that it's all going according to plan so far. I hope thing keep going as smooth as the last couple of weeks.

I already preordered and I can't wait :lol:

Well, my biggest concern is the fund raising. That will be one of the last big hurdles.

Once that's done, we're ready to rumble :)

hows the fund raising going so far?

About 80,000 EUR 100% assured from German community investors and about 221,000 EUR assured worldwide ("I will invest a minimum of xxx EUR", not 100% confirmed yet, as I just sent out the english draft agreement this morning) and about 630,000 EUR with "I am thinking about to invest about xxx EUR").

31 haven't yet told me how much they are even planning to invest.

So, might be easy going, might be hard work, depending on the interested investors.

aww this is great news so far, hopefully it will all come through fast after the contracts get sent out in english.

Well, you know me, I'm still a very emotional guy, so unless this is settled, I'm restless.

You can be sure I'll try anything possible I can here :)

of course :) just makes yuo wonder what would have happened if it was handled as professionally as this from the start where we would be right now.

Well, if CC were chosen, not much further ;)

Things are looking bright indeed! Good to see how you've turned this around. Impressive!

Is there a plan b if cc doesn't send the parts you mentioned earlier? Looks to me that's the potential bottleneck at the moment.

of course :) just makes yuo wonder what would have happened if it was handled as professionally as this from the start where we would be right now.

I've removed this post to stop the thread derailing. Support Ed.

Jesus fucking Christ. You can't help it can you?
Sorry craig, I didn't mean it sound sound like that.

I know that all the bad stuff that happened with cc etc couldn't have been seen in advance by anyone, I didn't mean it to sound like I was having a pop at your professionalism or business sense.

I'm just getting excited at the prospect that the Pandora project could finally get the production it deserves one that you and everyone hoped would happen 2+ years ago.

again sorry if you thought i was disrespecting you.

On the topic of getting the parts back from texas...

#OccupyCircuitCo!
the 99% of Pandoras that haven't been built yet demand justice!

99%?!?! Isn't that literally saying that only like... 100 Pandoras have been manufactured?! That would be what you're saying if 10000 Pandoras need to be delivered, and I think that's more than the actual number....

On the topic of getting the parts back from texas...

#OccupyCircuitCo!
the 99% of Pandoras that haven't been built yet demand justice!

99%?!?! Isn't that literally saying that only like... 100 Pandoras have been manufactured?! That would be what you're saying if 10000 Pandoras need to be delivered, and I think that's more than the actual number....

Yea, I think its more like 25% not delivered right now?

Back