A New Handheld To Add To Your Collections...

Classic Team

Website
classicteam.110mb.com
I found this after reading about all the pirating that this company plans to do....

http://mdport.ru/about/
(please note that this is in Russan... use Google translator to read.)

I think it could become a collectors idem if it doesint do well, but just look at the game line up! There is already 180 games they plan to have ready on release, so you never know.

Anyhow, I would jump on this whenever you can. SEGA may end up sueing over charicter rights so it may not be out for too long!

BTW, I highly recommend This game, but you can get it for free as it is A hacked game on the internet and play it on your GP32 or GP2X if you don't want to buy the game as A collector idem. :D

- Classic Team

Classic Team said:
BTW, I highly recommend This game, but you can get it for free as it is A hacked game on the internet and play it on your GP32 or GP2X if you don't want to buy the game as A collector idem. :D

Collector's item?! WTF? :angry:

They're selling a FREE HACK of Sonic. That is just low. I wonder if the MegaMix devs know about that.

Info here: http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_1_Megamix

Last edited by a moderator:
Jackd said:
Please check you spelling before posting
Ah, the irony :rolleyes:

It does indeed appear to be yet another version of the handheld linked to though, or possibly similar to the OneStation if it uses cartridges.

Here's a strange review of it, in Russian. They make funny faces.

It's got me interested anyway, any idea where I can get one? eBay's empty :(

TwoHeadedBoy said:
Here's a strange review of it, in Russian. They make funny faces.

It's got me interested anyway, any idea where I can get one? eBay's empty :(

Interesting, I saw the render on the site and instantly thought "vaporware".

Seeing it in the flesh so to speak, I'm intrigued. Maybe the people in the video are the devs, and that's the prototype model?

The render on the site looks like crap; totally amateur hour... Not a bad idea though - if it could take genuine Genesis cartridges, it would be interesting, if only to relieve my wrists from the weight of my Nomad... ;)

jimid2 said:
if it could take genuine Genesis cartridges, it would be interesting, if only to relieve my wrists from the weight of my Nomad... ;)
Not to mention the horrid battery life. 6 AA batteries last something like 2 hours :eek:. Maybe this one is better?

@Jackd: I have horable spelling, sorry. BTW the difforence is they plan to continue to sell more games on carts rather than having them built into the console on release.

@Prophet: I know how low this is, and I hate it too. But man, if it is collectable, so be it. Actually, If I wasint so interested into this thing I'd be bringing this up to Sega, not that they would do much about it. BTW, I found this at Sonic Retro, so yes the Megamix team seems to be aware of this and it looks like Tweaker doesint like it at all. :-||

@fishybawb: Yes... Carts. :p

@TwoHeadedBoy: I don't think it's gonna be as easy to find as say the GP2X on eBay (although even that is not too common) and the battery life has been said to be 10 hours on 4 AA batteries.

@Nova: I would think so. :S

@jimid2: Yes, there are a lot of crappy thrown togeather box arts and things.... it looks so fake, but the irony is that it isint. >< And to make MORE money off you, you have to purchase the games all over agian on carts the size of those Leapfrog storybook things. :S

@daclassicgamingmaster: I own A nomad, it's any were from 2 to 5 hours battery time, depending on the brand and stuff. This thing claims double even triple the life time on 4 AA batterys.

Anyhow, Not so much A collector idem, but I thought those collectors that are here might want to know about this thing, as otherwise you would not have heard about it for some time longer... :p

fishybawb said:
Jackd said:
Please check you spelling before posting
Ah, the irony :rolleyes:

It does indeed appear to be yet another version of the handheld linked to though, or possibly similar to the OneStation if it uses cartridges.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :( whoops... In my defense, I check my spelling by seeing what Firefox's spell checker flag's, either I mistyped and just didn't read the post over carefully enough and didn't notice it because it was not flagged by the spell checker or I wrote some form of "your" that was incorrect or improperly spelled and automatically right clicked and chose the first alternate spelling on the list which ended up being "you". Also, this could be considered a grammatical error, downgrading my status from an asshole hypocrite to a pathetic retard who you shouldn't make fun of just because me can cant spell right.

@Jackd:
..Understood. But I understood what you ment, and that's what counts, right. :) Besides the fact, thats thr reason I don't USE spell checking programs. They may correct some of my errors, but might create grammer errors, which can lead to confusion. :S

BACK ON TOPIC.....

Does anyone plan to look into this? I can't read russian myself (><') And I'd like to know how "realistic" this handheld really is, or if it's just A piece of crap (AKA something like those stupid PSP and DS rip-offs). :p

Looks like a OneStation MD Max variant. This is a MDPort modul:
box.jpg

And this a MD Max modul:
797px-Mdmaxmodul.JPG

Looks the same. And I also want one. If someone knows how to get one, please tell us.

Back