New Handheld?

Jarska333 posted on Oct 24 2005 at 01:06 PM said:
Whut, GP2X's CPU is crippled? Craig would know... :(

:p

One of the cores are just missing some features like a MMU and a bit of cache. The other is full function.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have, I enjoyed both the manga and anime quite a bit.

But I think it's more of a "asian chicks are generally more petite the most" type of thing. But I really dont think they're small enough to cause that drastic a loss of perspective. I said it before the screen is about the size of the GBA SP screen.

don't know about you guys but this thing looks sexy to me. much more than the GP2x.

- IMHO nicer design
- smaller
- 400+ mhz process
- wifi + BT

I might get this depending on a few factors
- price
- if battery is built in or not
- if it's open platform.
- community support

It's quite obviously NOT open and it seems hardly anyone has acknowleged it's existance since it was announced so the community it seems may be nonexistant

DaveC posted on Oct 19 2005 at 08:41 AM said:
Alpha2 posted on Oct 19 2005 at 02:59 AM said:
I dont see why this would be so much better at SNES and Neogeo than the GP2X or even the PSP, raw horsepower dosent solve every problem.

Double the CPU speed on one core. Much easier to port to and optimize for. You would see a SNES emu running near full speed much sooner on this.

Clock speed alone won't tell you much, don't you know that? (P4 3Ghz vs Athlon64 2Ghz, for example) If it's running on WM, the OS alone will offset whatever advantage the clock speed will bring. At least, it's good to see DaveC being positive about something, though. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back