A Moderation Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam is banned, I hope this time forever. Of course we can do nothing about dynamic ip but if you notice him using new account just ignore him. Remember the golden rule - don't feed the troll.

WTF, why was fisher banned..... his posts in the General GP2X forum were perfectly constructive and he posts a thread about mp3's where some people disagree with him and he gets banned. This place is going downhill fast.... anyone who does not adhere to the status quo is a 'problem' to be removed...

Stealth Bagel said:
WTF, why was fisher banned..... his posts in the General GP2X forum were perfectly constructive and he posts a thread about mp3's where some people disagree with him and he gets banned. This place is going downhill fast.... anyone who does not adhere to the status quo is a 'problem' to be removed...
LOL you've been here just over 1 month. Are you serious? You don't know Sam from a hole in the wall.

I've been here over 2 years now and I've seen him insult nearly every single person on this board. He's ego is the size of the entire internet. He's been a plague on this board and everyone knows it. Read his member title and you can see for yourself that I'm not making this up.

Last edited by a moderator:
foleyjo said:
lubidog said:
Sam, you've lost!

read here you Tit!

"read here you tit" is abusive towards a fellow forum user I think this needs a warning or a banning too

I'm sorry foleyjo but I think you'll find yourself in a minority of 1 here.

Maybe banning Sam was a bit harsh, maybe not, but either way you can't say he wasn't warned.

It just seems some people can break rules and some people cant.

Everyone on the original debate (that caused all this agro) who insulted someone else (and I saw a few people call Sam Fisher an idiot when they didnt need to get involved) should either be banned or given some kind of warning

Sam was not the only person who did wrong so he should not be the only person to get in trouble regardless of who said what first.

If someone posted a load of rom sites I wouldnt get away with posting more just because someone else did it first

There is a behind the scenes moderation warn level that the mods use to track peoples behavior. I am sure many of those from the original thread have had their levels rise in the ensuing arguments. Sam however has been a flagrant abuser of this forum rules for years.

I just wish the process were public. This isn't cloak and daggers here, I don't think there's much to be gained from secret councils on a message forum for a handheld gaming console.

If issues were handled openly, you might find more community support when actions like this were necessary. Or, the public shaming might cause more people to discipline themselves.

hando said:
Sam is banned, I hope this time forever.
I hope not. The community has lost a developer and I personally have lost a tester if this is the case.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
LOL you've been here just over 1 month. Are you serious? You don't know Sam from a hole in the wall.
I've been here over 2 years now and I've seen him insult nearly every single person on this board. He's ego is the size of the entire internet. He's been a plague on this board and everyone knows it. Read his member title and you can see for yourself that I'm not making this up.

I've lurked this forum long before I ever posted anything, and I've seen plenty of people just as vocal as sam who are allowed to do as they please due to mod favoritism or because they did some other thing for the community like making a stick or writing some piece of software, and regardless of if they deserved to be banned or not (usually not) the forum would let them go on their merry way acting any way they please to butter them up so they don't run off...... the question seems to be "what's in it for me"? and if the moderators can't find what they think that person is bringing to the table they're more than obliged to kick them out. there are people on this forum ten times as abrasive as anything sam ever said... and sam was 1 of maybe 8 people calling each other 'idiot faggots' or whatever in that thread in what should've been a mature discussion of audio compression, because they have no filter on their mouthes apparently. I'm just against banning one random person for shooting their mouth off and leaving the rest alone.

and if you think that makes an example out of them to follow, it doesn't, all it does is reinforce there is rampant favoritism and/or a disconnect between the mods and their policies so they all act inconsistently, locking/editing/deleting/banning as they please with no rationality or recognizable pattern among it all. Honestly no moderation is better than such inconsistency.

Whatever. I've been here for years; Sam's nick became Spam Fisher for a reason as he constantly and needlessly posted in every damn thread. then he calmed down a tad, and became a lovable forum joke.

I think some of his comments were entertaining and I value his contributions to the community, but as someone who has seen his posts form the get, I can wholeheartedly say he's caused more trouble then almost any other member in the community.

and Alex for mod.

triksR4rabits said:
Whatever. I've been here for years; Sam's nick became Spam Fisher for a reason as he constantly and needlessly posted in every damn thread. then he calmed down a tad, and became a lovable forum joke.

I think some of his comments were entertaining and I value his contributions to the community, but as someone who has seen his posts form the get, I can wholeheartedly say he's caused more trouble then almost any other member in the community.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

BaDToaD said:
triksR4rabits said:

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Me neither. At times he was okay! I just hope that he learns that acting like this will harm him in the long run, cos I think at heart he is a good kid. And if I used language against him that was nasty, I was just shocked at how he could be so rude to another forum member, and one who is a 40 year old lady that really spoke from knowledge.

But it's finished now, so just move on. I feel bad about the whole thing.

In my experience, a certain group people on gp32x are a bunch of whiny idiots who always like to get one up on each other (either that or demand things relentlessly) and then, once they've managed to drive people away/get them banned, like to criticise those they know have no way of defending themselves. I'd rather spend a month with DaveC than you lot - at least he doesn't moan and be patronising about people behind their backs.

In summary, I feel you whiners are really nasty pieces of work. This place would be much nicer without you.

Orkie said:
hando said:
Sam is banned, I hope this time forever.
I hope not. The community has lost a developer and I personally have lost a tester if this is the case.
to be honsest i dont thing that sam will stage away he just will re Register under new name B)

argor said:
to be honsest i dont thing that sam will stage away he just will re Register under new name B)

(20:40:17) Sam Fisher: Could you please reply to Argor saying that "I have decided I am not going to waste my time registering again just to talk to a brick wall".

I've never seen someone banned here without warning or without any good reason. Great mods, great board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back