A Moderation Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon these boards are just as bad as they've always been. In fact, as everything seems to have gone a bit quieter recently (Alex - get to work of SqDef 1.2!) it was quite a breath of fresh air to read a good ol' fashioned slagging match...

lubidog said:
Nope, after reading Sam's latest flame fest I am fed up of this place! How he wasn't banned after the most offensive and plain stupid posting I have seen in a long time I will never know!
I'm sorry but I must describe you as a "fluffy fanboi". You didn't even look at what i was arguing, just that fluffy was the opponent and that was enough to call me an idiot. Yes I insulted her, but she also insulted me. It takes two to tango and she is just as responsible as I was. Furthermore, AS_N went into a mad insult fest at me despite two other members pointing out her was wrong to call me incorrect, yet you do not complain about him as you only cared as I was arguing with fluffy. I didn't even reply with insults, I just kept arguing my point.

Furthmore, Do I deserve a ban? Actually, I probably do, but it's not like they were hurtful insults, just argument weaved ones. If I were banned fluffy would also have to ban herself and AS_N in kind.

Alex. said:
sam fisher said:
I think 2-3 more that each moderate a separate few forums would be good. As, for example, I doubt most our current moderators EVER visit the fenix section.
Oh man, just mentioning that place gives me the creeps! It's full of evil, wild stuff that desperately needs moderation.

It was just an example :p

Last edited by a moderator:
sam fisher said:
Furthmore, Do I deserve a ban? Actually, I probably do, but it's not like they were hurtful insults, just argument weaved ones.
How about this post? The first things you said were quite hurtful.

sam fisher said:
I didn't even reply with insults, I just kept arguing my point.

...it's not like they were hurtful insults, just argument weaved ones.
Lets take another look, shall we?

sam fisher said:
It's not clear idiocy when you structure your sentences as though you are a 40+ year old with learning difficulties.... Oh Wait! You are, how silly of me!
You are clearly an idiot!
sam fisher said:
HA HA. God, you are still at it. What a sad, sad, old women you are
Point made, I think.

Well... Upon further review of the thread in question, I discovered that the argument between sam and warmfluffy stemmed from my comments... So even though I'm not directly responsible, as what they do in response to my comments is beyond my control, I'd like to take this oppertunity to say: My bad. The thread was going fine untili I popped in.

Look can we stop baiting Sam. We all know he's the only thing that would make Marvin the Paranoid Android feel inferior so let's leave it at that.

I would personally like to know what the moderators make of this thread and the fact that people are obviously disgruntled.

Magus 86 said:
My bad. The thread was going fine untili I popped in.
That's untrue. You expressed your opinion, and I thought it made sense. Never bow down to the flamers.

Nova said:
sam fisher said:
I didn't even reply with insults, I just kept arguing my point.

...it's not like they were hurtful insults, just argument weaved ones.
Lets take another look, shall we?

sam fisher said:
It's not clear idiocy when you structure your sentences as though you are a 40+ year old with learning difficulties.... Oh Wait! You are, how silly of me!
You are clearly an idiot!
sam fisher said:
HA HA. God, you are still at it. What a sad, sad, old women you are
Point made, I think.

Posted after she called me an idiot. It was just "an eye for an eye" in that case. As you can see from the post nova links too:

I have a clear knowledge of it hun, and lack neither the knowledge or the basic idea of digital technology. I was just annoyed at the clear idiocy of your understanding of what I said.

@Alex: My argument was that Magus was right, Fluffys was that Magus was wrong.

I wasn't bowing down to anybody. I was just apologizing to everybody else for opening my mouth and indirectly triggering a flamewar.

Magus 86 said:
I wasn't bowing down to anybody. I was just apologizing to everybody else for opening my mouth and indirectly triggering a flamewar.
It was nothing to do with you anyhow. It's not your fault that fluffy couldn't work out that "rip" meant "to save as MP3" and not "to save a 1:1 perfect image of the original".

sam fisher said:
Magus 86 said:
It was nothing to do with you anyhow. It's not your fault that fluffy couldn't work out that "rip" meant "to save as MP3" and not "to save a 1:1 perfect image of the original".

Peter, to rip a CD doesn't mean to convert to MP3, it means to take the contents off bypassing the copy protection (Yes some Cd's have copy protection too). The same as it does for a DVD.

A CD ripper, CD grabber or CD extractor is a piece of software designed to extract raw digital audio (in format commonly called CDDA) from a compact disc to a file or other output.
As an intermediate step, some ripping programs save the extracted audio in a lossless (but possibly compressed format) such as WAV, FLAC, or even raw PCM audio.
The extracted audio can then be encoded with a lossy codec like MP3, Vorbis, WMA or AAC. The encoded files are more compact and are suitable for playback on digital audio players. They may also be played back in a media player program on a computer.

And I found that on your favourite wikipedia :D

I think this is getting boring now, give it a rest.

Sam, you've lost!

read here you Tit!

Now, even if you had been right all along, do you not understand why acting like this will really screw you up in your future life? If you act like this, you will have no friends! You will die a virgin! Even if you are gay, you still will die a virgin. There are ways of conduct amongst adults that lead to a more harmonious existence, personal advantages and career ones too! As a child you can act like you do on these boards. But you are no longer a child in years, and it's about time that you realised that by always being desperate to be seen as smart and 'right' we are not impressed. On the contrary, I think most of us here, even the tolerant ones would mildly describe you as a know it all twat! (I hate that word, but in this case I think it suits you just fine! Although I doubt whether you will ever get to explore a real 'twat' unless you pay a lot of money...)

Nope, I want to come to these boards, read about my beloved GP2x, read about the new machine, have interesting discussions with adult people, laugh at some people's humour, disagree with some people and have good banter. But to read an eighteen year old calling someone who actually has lived twice as long and has worked in the audio field described as a silly old woman with learning difficulties is horrible. And then to label me a fluffie fanboi is very mature!

Grow up!

WarmFluffyUK said:
Peter, to rip a CD doesn't mean to convert to MP3, it means to take the contents off bypassing the copy protection (Yes some Cd's have copy protection too). The same as it does for a DVD.
Rip doesn't imply bypassing any copy protection... it was called 'ripping a CD' long before CD copy protection existed, which by the way breaks the CD-ROM standard and makes it officially its own format. That's why you won't find the Compact Disc icon on any disc with copy protection...... it's always something new like "Enhanced CD" etc.

Jack Sparrow said:
Stealth Bagel said:
WarmFluffyUK said:
Rip doesn't imply bypassing any copy protection... it was called 'ripping a CD' long before CD copy protection existed, which by the way breaks the CD-ROM standard and makes it officially its own format. That's why you won't find the Compact Disc icon on any disc with copy protection...... it's always something new like "Enhanced CD" etc.
I'm confused. What is this all about? Seems to be something about a CD? Why are people arguing over a CD?

welcome back you didn't stay away for long...

Jack Sparrow said:
Stealth Bagel said:
WarmFluffyUK said:
I'm confused. What is this all about? Seems to be something about a CD? Why are people arguing over a CD?

Fuck off sam, you're not fooling anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back