A Moderation Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orkie said:
hando said:
Sam is banned, I hope this time forever.
I hope not. The community has lost a developer and I personally have lost a tester if this is the case.

Why? He can still upload his programs to the Archive, and as the two of you are in direct communication with each other through Email/MSN/IRC you can still ask him to test your applications.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam's Boomshine is a nice quality game, and for this reason alone his ban should only be temporary.

That's not to say that his ban was not deserved, but everyone makes mistakes (numerous times).

Alex. said:
Everyone makes mistakes (numerous times).
One might even say five or technically 10 times.

Anyhow, he deserves to ride out his ban until he becomes mature enough to discuss with others without getting riled up and slinging insults. People are acting as if this is taking away his rights as a developer, but its not, he can still program things, and he can still upload them for the community to play. Because he made one good game does not mean that he deserves to stay here to get angry and insult members of the board who question his points, whether or not he is right.

Nova said:
Alex. said:

Anyhow, he deserves to ride out his ban until he becomes mature enough to discuss with others without getting riled up and slinging insults. People are acting as if this is taking away his rights as a developer, but its not, he can still program things, and he can still upload them for the community to play. Because he made one good game does not mean that he deserves to stay here to get angry and insult members of the board who question his points, whether or not he is right.

But if these people take the bait, are they mature enough either?

Goity said:
Nova said:
Alex. said:

But if these people take the bait, are they mature enough either?

Did you see warmfluffy slinging personal insults back? Cos I didn't.

I'm not taking sides here, but I completely back Sam's ban, as he has proved that he cannot face any kind of criticism without being insulting.

Orkie said:
In my experience, a certain group people on gp32x are a bunch of whiny idiots who always like to get one up on each other (either that or demand things relentlessly) and then, once they've managed to drive people away/get them banned, like to criticise those they know have no way of defending themselves. I'd rather spend a month with DaveC than you lot - at least he doesn't moan and be patronising about people behind their backs.

In summary, I feel you whiners are really nasty pieces of work. This place would be much nicer without you.

Nova, you are so right!

Orkie, you are not because of the point you made. Sam is the one who ALWAYS was trying to get one up on everyone else, and in a horrible insulting nasty way! What he said to Fluffy was horrible!

But like Alex, if he can not just hijack every thread with him trying to show off how clever he is then of course he can come back! This is only a forum...

lubidog said:
Orkie, you are not because of the point you made. Sam is the one who ALWAYS was trying to get one up on everyone else, and in a horrible insulting nasty way! What he said to Fluffy was horrible!
You are one of the people I was referring to.

i can understand people not liking sam, but i read the thread (he's on my msn list, so i came check what it's all about).
yes, sam may still be childish (we all were young sometime), and such things will only get better with time, but to permanently ban him (as far as i know, and he knows...) seems rather harsh. at first there was some misunderstanding on wether the cd was copied, or ripped to a compressed format, so others started talking about his idiocy.
then he responded with some harsh words (which he ofcourse shouldn't have, but neither should anyone start calling others idiots) (and which could even have rather been sarcasm, since he was using an ad hominem argument, when he continued by complaining the use of it against him. i doubt he was really trying to insult warmfluffy, but rather being very sarcastic)
then his point of view apparantly was correct (the only difference was in the interpretation of someones post, nothing really technical)
and then the shitstorm began. everyone began nitpicking everyone else's posts, getting insultive etc, noone giving in to the other side, because they probably were right on some level/interpretation, and not wanting to lose face...

i can understand warnings/bans in such a case, but taking on sam that hard, and letting the others go free seems rather weird...

but then again, nothing amazes me on this board, there's always something completely off with the moderation on this board. when i got here even the mildest criticism on a dev was enough for a warning/temporary ban (i hope that has improved by now), if it's now personal grudges/favors, i wouldn't be surprised...

all i can say is that i hope the ban for sam fisher won't last longer than a few weeks or so, he's also doing some good stuff. letting him know that being childisch isn't being accepted is good, but at his age there's little you can do about it. he'll grow out of it, and till then learn to live with it a bit. is this the first time you've interected with someone immature? they have to learn too...

I think you're being a little patronising there, "at his age"? The guy's 18, he's practically an adult now.

Nova said:
I think you're being a little patronising there, "at his age"? The guy's 18, he's practically an adult now.
That's bull. Mental maturity is not achieved at such an early age, never...

Alex. said:
Nova said:

I'm 18, yet I know not to make direct personal attacks at someone who accuses one of my points as being wrong. Have I been banned before? He should know better, especially the amount of times he's been banned. His warn level must have been through the roof.

Oh god you killed Sam! :unsure:

It's like removing a popular character from a long running TV show. Can't we just pretend this was all a dream?

craigix said:

It's like removing a popular character from a long running TV show. Can't we just pretend this was all a dream?
lol, even the haters must admit this is true.

Oh and for the record, Sam has continued to talk about how he was right. It's been days now, yet he still cant stop claiming he was right.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
craigix said:

lol, even the haters must admit this is true.

Oh and for the record, Sam has continued to talk about how he was right. It's been days now, yet he still cant stop claiming he was right.

This is true, he continued the argument onto the Slipzone, of all places.

Alex. said:
Nova said:

Well, not on this forum anyway.

Nova said:
did you see warmfluffy slinging personal insults back? Cos I didn't.

I believe I saw it. Im sure she insulted Sams intelligence first calling him an idiot which in turn gt a few other people to jump on the bangwagon and call him an idiot

Nova said:
Alex. said:
Nova said:

I'm 18, yet I know not to make direct personal attacks at someone who accuses one of my points as being wrong. Have I been banned before? He should know better, especially the amount of times he's been banned. His warn level must have been through the roof.

some mature earlier than others. besides, as i said, i doubt he really meant to make a personal attack. the only real personal attack i saw him make was just a remark that was meant sarcastic (although i wouldn't have noticed either i think....). besides that i think everyone has been equally mature in that thread, all just fighting over being right and never giving in.
it's great that you're 18 and very mature, but not everyone is...

about sam being or not being right, who cares? when the argument began, he interpreted a post different than fluffy and the others. so it began. they started talking about him being an idiot (well, the "mature" way actually, about "idiocy"). so he countered with dluffy being a 40 year old with learning disorder (probably the insult that completely blew the lid off everything), continuing with complaining about the personal attacks (and later also indicating that he was disappointed noone noticed the irony of him first attacking warmfluffy with a personal attack, only to continue complaining about them. it was all just sarcasm....).
then he was right, since his interpretation of the post where the discussion began was correct, but everyone was at sam's throat already (which i can more or less understand, he can seem very arrogant, which is more or less understandable since it's a subject he recently learned a lot about it seems), so then both sides just started nitpicking on everything, and being rude to eachother... Sam apparantly also learned a lot on the subject, so he also knew damn well what he was talking about, and from what i've read from the argument after that, everyone was talking about slightly different things, and therefore always claiming errors with the other side. sometimes one would still be talking about compressed ripping, the other wouldn't. then maybe the accuracy of a cd, with slightly different interpretations (100% accurate below 22khz (which it ofcourse isn't) vs everythinng below 22khz being accuratly reproduced (meaning none of the frequencies below 22khz get "damaged" or however you call it due to the sampling rate) etc....

@daclassicgamingmaster: you must be about as mature as him? it's pretty obvious that being right is rather unimportant in the discussion... and frankly, as i just said, i doubt he was wrong, you were all just nitpicking on eachothers posts, all probably being right in some interpretation, but way to proud to see that the other guy was also making good points.

and for those wondering, i just quickly scanned the thread for insults. (don't shoot me if i missed any)

insult list:
WarmFluffyUK: "idiocy"
lubidog: "You are clearly an idiot!"
sam fisher: "you are a 40+ year old with learning difficulties" (later revealed to be sarcastic...)
nova: "you are a twat..."
BaDToaD: "Sam you really can be a total twat at times."
sam fisher: "You are the perfect example of a desperate person, with the arguing ability of a goldfish clinging solely to the straw man"
WarmFluffyUK: "you really are an idiot"
A_SN: "You're an idiot, and you talk out of your arse"
A_SN: "And you're a retard for even disagreeing with me"
A_SN:"God, you're so fucking thick. OF COURSE WAVE SUPERPOSITION OCCURS IT JUST DOESNT HAVE A SINGLE FUCKING THING TO DO WITH ULTRASOUNDS. Dumb ass."

in the end A_SN was going good it seems (with sam remaining calm and just responding to his arguments).

Racemaniac said:
and for those wondering, i just quickly scanned the thread for insults. (don't shoot me if i missed any)

insult list:
WarmFluffyUK: "idiocy"
lubidog: "You are clearly an idiot!"
sam fisher: "you are a 40+ year old with learning difficulties" (later revealed to be sarcastic...)
nova: "you are a twat..."
BaDToaD: "Sam you really can be a total twat at times."
sam fisher: "You are the perfect example of a desperate person, with the arguing ability of a goldfish clinging solely to the straw man"
WarmFluffyUK: "you really are an idiot"
A_SN: "You're an idiot, and you talk out of your arse"
A_SN: "And you're a retard for even disagreeing with me"
A_SN:"God, you're so fucking thick. OF COURSE WAVE SUPERPOSITION OCCURS IT JUST DOESNT HAVE A SINGLE FUCKING THING TO DO WITH ULTRASOUNDS. Dumb ass."

in the end A_SN was going good it seems (with sam remaining calm and just responding to his arguments).
I vote all these people be banned. Especially A_SN for the insults and the swearing. Thats clearly not the kind of language we need in these otherwise friendly forums.

Either that or sams ban should be lifted and a full public warning should b made to everyone listed

Its interesting to see nova making a direct personal attack when he claims he knows not to do this.

If I was out of line then ban me!!!

But what you are all forgetting is how Sam would hijack EVERY thread with his desperate attempt to 'out smart' everyone else. And then be so rude to everyone else.

@Orkie, you can think what you want.

@Race, that quote was the end result of months of Sam winding us all up! To quote that out of context isn't representative.

The thing is, it wasn't just this thread (and don't try to pretend Sam wasn't so rude there), it was all the time! Every time I came here there he would be in almost every thread, trying to show off his Wiki knowledge, and being just rude and obnoxious to every poster that might have dared to make any statement that could be argued over! It was just getting many of us down to have some kid constantly lecturing to us about how permanently stupid WE were! That is the truth of it.

These boards used to be a place to come to to discuss our collective hobby! Not this! Me and many others that have been here for a long time were just so fed up! He then came back under a different name and spammed threads asking silly noobie questions!

If I am always nasty to Noobs, always trying to show off how clever I am, calling other people names without direct confrontation then I need to be banned also!

If Sam can learn from this and not be always so 'smart' then we all would want him back. But the way he has carried on in the slipzone would suggest otherwise! Sometimes it's not always the best to be 'right'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back