Secret Moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If chad chooses to act out his dramamongering anywhere but the offtopic section, i´m glad that the mods don´t let him.
He´s a huge dramamonger allright, and if that gets in the way of civil discussion on boards whose only purpose is factual conversation about their respective topics i don´t see that the mods are doing anything wrong. He might speak of it as cowardly censorship of his free speech, but those boards are not there to serve as a platform for this.
I don´t even think moderation should necessarily be tagged in those cases, he´d just use it to stir up more drama, just as he repeatedly did.

Chad is a bit self-absorbed but his comments are genuine.

When I posted here, mods simply didn't edit or delete posts without making it obvious. The only exception would be spam or offensive/illegal stuff, but that's clearly not the case here.

Unfathomable Depths said:
I think hes a genius comedian playing a part.

Heres the evidence:
1 - his cafepress Pandora gear shop. Trying to make money from something he has no actual part of. Comedic bronze..
I've said it before and I guess I'm gonna have to say it again. Chad W Smith, of Chadwsmith.com is making no profit from the sale of all Pandora based goods in Chad W Smith's Cafepress store. That money goes entirely to Cafepress.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova said:

Heres the evidence:
1 - his cafepress Pandora gear shop. Trying to make money from something he has no actual part of. Comedic bronze..
I've said it before and I guess I'm gonna have to say it again. Chad W Smith, of Chadwsmith.com is making no profit from the sale of all Pandora based goods in Chad W Smith's Cafepress store. That money goes entirely to Cafepress.

Well, we assume that Chad W Smith isn't profiting from the sales...

Rico said:
Chad is a bit self-absorbed but his comments are genuine.

When I posted here, mods simply didn't edit or delete posts without making it obvious. The only exception would be spam or offensive/illegal stuff, but that's clearly not the case here.
Hi Rico! I see you post very rarely these days... I was away for a long time too, but decided to come back.

You were the "badass moderator", though, so if it wasn't done in your time then I guess there was no reason to do it. And things haven't changed that much.

Nova said:

Heres the evidence:

Ok, I'll assume thats true and replace that with:
1 - his pretend guru avatar.

So is he banned?

someone mind explaining this internet fight?
chad is the spice on the fourm, which sometimes makes you cry.
cant we all just be pirates n stuff?

So is he banned?

Apparently for two days, meaning he should be back tomorrow.

Offtopic:
Why can't I quick reply in this thread? :blink:

EDIT:Added quote

its set to 30 seconds i think.
keeps our post count e-peens from extending too quickly.

Oh, come on. Surely that can't be offensive to anyone? He's just letting us know that he's a certified Chad. Which he is.

This is getting silly.

PlopperZ said:
Apparently for two days, meaning he should be back tomorrow.
Thats good to hear. I just hope this 'secret moderation' business hasn't blunted his edge.

waffles said:
chad is the spice on the fourm, which sometimes makes you cry.
cant we all just be pirates n stuff?
I don't think anyone is erm, fighting :rolleyes: I'm pro-Chad. He's hilarious.

And YARRR!! btw
pirate.gif

Esn said:

Oh, come on. Surely that can't be offensive to anyone? He's just letting us know that he's a certified Chad. Which he is.

This is getting silly.
Who said it was offensive? Its comedic bronze.

Relax man, we all love Chad as much as you. :D

waffles said:
It's not a proper internet fight. Chad posted a personal attack which was deleted without any visible record that it had existed. He then tried re-posting essentially the same thing and when it got deleted again he began posting childish and profanity-laden attacks on the mods for deleting his posts. That he had an issue with his posts being completely removed was understandable. The way in which he responded was not. Hopefully the temporary ban will give him a chance to cool off and act like an adult about the situation.

Chip said:
waffles said:
It's not a proper internet fight. Chad posted a personal attack which was deleted without any visible record that it had existed. He then tried re-posting essentially the same thing and when it got deleted again he began posting childish and profanity-laden attacks on the mods for deleting his posts. That he had an issue with his posts being completely removed was understandable. The way in which he responded was not. Hopefully the temporary ban will give him a chance to cool off and act like an adult about the situation.

alright, thanks.
at least its interesting, right? :/

Well, i agree with the "entire posts should never be removed without really good reasons", and when reason exists, there should be a statement saying who did it, and why.
B!"

Nova said:
Where the fuck is my Chad thread?
Closed.
You're s'posed to take down any "Chadified" sigs and avatars.
LOL at all the Chad shit you put up though :D

You know, I rather thought that would happen.

Chad insisted that it be as disappeared as his own posts had been, given that it was, as he put it, "complete BS". Seeing as the only reason it didn't get killed at inception was because I wasn't entirely certain just how insulted he would feel by it, and it has become clear through the last two hours of PMs (albeit interspersed with other things) that he felt immensely so, it seemed necessary.

And of course, if you hide something, then there's no-where sensible, really, to post that it's been hidden.

In any event, it was I who hid it, due to levels of complaints from Chad, and if it resurfaces, it won't be me who has unhid it, I'm afraid. Sometimes what seems a joke to some is just a flat out insult to another, and Chad is as much a member as any of you, and consequently, entitled not to be insulted by purpose-built threads.

- Toby

Nova said:
Where the fuck is my Chad thread?
I fuckin love you!

If you ever need an invite to what.cd, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back