A bug, booting up and a huge forum migration

Wasn't the conclusion there that the eMMC was only faster due to the 8bit access compared to the 4bit for SD. Or is this the same issue for the Pyra?

Well SDIO is still 4bit, so yeah it's the same issue.

Which is the whole point of being OK with a fast instead of large eMMC.  Large can be handled by microSD.

8GB min size, then find the fastest eMMC in budget.  If there is still room in the budget, stay fast and move to 16GB.

For the eMMC,  speed > space.

That makes sense. You would use eMMC for the OS, which is hopefully not massively big, and it can benefit from the high speed (in booting).

If no one used SD-cards you would go for size, but I don't think I know anyone using a Pandora without having an SD-card in it (so I guess this will be silimar for the Pyra).

Strip-Noel_EN.jpg

Which is the whole point of being OK with a fast instead of large eMMC. Large can be handled by microSD.

8GB min size, then find the fastest eMMC in budget. If there is still room in the budget, stay fast and move to 16GB.

For the eMMC, speed > space.
One thing that I'm sort of wondering is if the eMMC lives on the CPU board, which is slated to be upgradable in the future, or if it's on the mother board? If the latter, then would not 16GB be better for future proofing compared to 8GB, as future OS upgrades and such could maybe make that 8GB eventually get a little cramped?

Back