Zomb''d Development Page.

bahahahah man some people got crazy observation skills!

and yes its a shadow !
If it was a sweaty back it would be darker and in a V shape

The opened window is just some Text or Spreadsheet of Blank website and yes there is scroll bars since its pretty much minimised!

It doesn't look like sweat, but I've never seen a shirt that scattered light in such a way as to produce that shadow, either.

Last edited by a moderator:
just wondering what programs and coding language you guys are useing?
i ask just beause i am working on a game myself with my friend that we plan to port to the pandora.

Yeah, I see the scroll bars now- I saw the many gray pixels and a few depressed ones and I just figured it was minesweeper. gonzo, your art is just so.. i dunno the word, but it definitely makes your brain fill in a whole lot of details

midgetone said:
just wondering what programs and coding language you guys are useing?
i ask just beause i am working on a game myself with my friend that we plan to port to the pandora.
Probably C/C++.
And uf you want to port your game later, it will probably be easy since the Pandora supports most of the languages out there (if you don't write in some stupid language like QBasic which can't be ported easily... But if you write in QBasic you are doomed anyways :p)

Then there's also the libraries issue: Don't use a library that isn't open source.

I am coding the game in GLBasic and can quickly port to Fenix (once I refamiliarise myself with it) if GLBasic doesn't get the planned Pandora compiler. GLBasic already compiles to many formats, so I don't see it being a problem. My code currently runs fine on pc and GP2X - I haven't tested ppc, Xbox or Linux.

The map editor is coded in BlitzMax (purely beacuse I created an editor in that a while back and could reuse some of the code). My map format is compatible in every language, so it's incredibly portable.

Since the game will really be 200x120, is there any chance of a 1:1 GP2X/Wiz version? :)

Love the full scenes by the way, it`s amazing the things you can pull off at such small resolutions. Always looking forward to seeing more.

Well i guess it all depends on how much it will ask Control wise.
Since Iprice already do some of the testing on the GP32x :).

For the small resolution thing , i really like it because its really the Challenge its the oposite of what i usually do ( im used to drawing stuff with alot of details )

'Alex.' said:
Since the game will really be 200x120, is there any chance of a 1:1 GP2X/Wiz version? :)

Love the full scenes by the way, it`s amazing the things you can pull off at such small resolutions. Always looking forward to seeing more.
My code currently runs fine on pc and GP2X

Obviously that may change, but it's working fine so far.

'Mithrildor' said:
Can we have some more pics. And: Please no port to the wiz, this has to be a pandora exclusive :D
This isn't your call, dude. Don't even bother posting something like that.

'dflemstr' said:
if you don't write in some stupid language like QBasic which can't be ported easily... But if you write in QBasic you are doomed anyways :p
No, QBasic runs great in DOSBox. :p

'Mithrildor' said:
Can we have some more pics. And: Please no port to the wiz, this has to be a pandora exclusive :D
Agreed, this kind of sentiment doesn't belong here.

'Mithrildor' said:
I agree, BUT it's absolutely NONE of our business what platforms the game ends up on. Let's not even discuss that.

Fuck you guys. Stuff like this is why theres so much tension between wiz and pandora. Well, I am an orderer of wiz, pandora, AND a320. i am the ambassador of open source handheld consoles.

Is it not going to be open source? The porting is really up to the developers and whoever wants to port it themselves I guess.

Back