Your Place In The Preorder Line?

Your Place In The Preorder Line? (bins of size 250)

• Total voters

Wow, so much negativity, lately. The delays seem pretty justified and I can understand the team's motivation to put a positive light to the situation overall. It's their baby and they hope for the best for it. :p

I still have faith in the project, and look forward to getting my Pandora, and hope the whole thing gets sorted out and the team makes a good bit of money on it and gets motivated to continue supporting and developing the device, and helps the possibility of more open hardware projects coming about from other people. It would be nice if things could be set up so the small guys can make a handful of something and sell it. Too bad most manufacturing is biased towards big businesses with a ton of money.

Gruso said:
Nupfi said:
aaronson911 said:
I do not know if our place in the queue is the whole queue or just cragix's queue. I have a felling it might just be cragix's queue

Really? :huh:
Would be really unfair if there was more than one list...
How many of those 700 units are supposed to go to Europe then?
Splitting these up (lets say 400 US, 300 Europe) would suck.
The best way would be to work off the list according to the order time.

About 20-25% of orders went through ED's shop I think. As ED will be present for the start of assembly it wouldn't be too difficult for him to put that percentage of units aside as they are assembled, so he can send them to his customers. That way the overall order timeline is honoured. (This is just a hypothesis, they haven't actually announced how they'll be handling it. Can't be too hard though.)

Would not take much to merge the lists based on Order Date and Time. One global list. 100% fair.

Last edited by a moderator:
cosurgi said:
Twiitcher said:
Feeling more and more like a potential fool at OP's expense...
Nothing prevents you from canceling. Except you.

I never said anything about cancelling, just expressing my increasing loss of patience. My sincere apologies if I offended you Cosurgi.

I would say about there ↓
├────────────────┤

Twiitcher said:
I never said anything about cancelling, just expressing my increasing loss of patience. My sincere apologies if I offended you Cosurgi.
I apologize then, too. I wasn't offended. Just a bit too harsh.

Twiitcher said:
I certainly hope OP will be honoring the initial statement (promise?) of the initial order preservation.

If they ever answer this (unlikely) expect them to refer to that promise as a "rumour". That seems to be a recent catchprase of their when promises change.

My confirmation eMail arrived on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 10:35 AM EST.

I spent what felt like an eternity trying to get through the server to order the thing.

Not sure where I am in line at.

I still have the printed invoice, safe and secure, and a HTML copy somewhere on my HDD.

I'm not sure if I clicked the right option. (I had to do it without looking because I'm allergic to forum polls.)

Interesting graph in the results. You've got the fanatics who ordered within hours, and you've got the late-orderers who haven't gotten bored of the forums yet.[sup]*[/sup] And you've got almost nobody in between.

-Andy

[sup]*[/sup] Even divided by two, the last option is the second largest[sup]**[/sup].
[sup]**[/sup] I think. Like I say. I had to read this without looking at it.

Ordered in the afternoon of the first day, and am now 350-450.

It does look like there were several thousand cancellations, and there are probably many preorder spots left. As soon as they start shipping, though, and people start posting reviews and videos, the remainder will get sold pretty quickly (along with the 100 "special painted editions" that they're putting aside to make back some money)

Esn said:
It does look like there were several thousand cancellations

several thousand?

It would make sense after the whole original payment issue that there'd be lots of cancellations, Not everyone that wanted one was a regular on the forum, and thus would have less loyalty to the project.

Ze_ro said:
1000th was sometime in 2nd Oct. 2008
Lovely. My confirmation email was Oct 2nd, 2008 12:28:36 PM. Time to hold my breath and hope for <1000.......

--Zero

Dude, you are out of luck.
You forgot at least 250 Ps which will go to Germany with ED and the ones which will Fathi takes with him.

Back