Your Place In The Preorder Line?

second exodous said:
Is it really that bad to ask?

I don't think OpenPandora themselves have actually commented either way, but I guess the ladies get kinda busy just after any BIG news announcement (like "we're doomed" and they have to process loads of cancellations, or "We're nearly there now!" and they have to process loads of new orders). If they aren't processing lots of cancellations and new orders, and they aren't invovled in building the Pandoras because they can't yet since OP don't have the cases, you probably wouldn't be putting that much of a burden on them. Maybe you could ask them about your position and ask, on behalf of the forum, how much of a PITA it is? I'd expect them not to answer though - if they said "oh, it's no bother" I'd expect them to get 3500 enquiries the next day (this is life. There is no "win").

Last edited by a moderator:
^@ Monk:

I actually do need to make sure that my address is changed, I moved since I ordered but am 90% sure that I changed that already. Back then ones place in line wasn't that big of deal.

It would be betetr to be SURE that they have your correct snail mail address, and when doing "any other business" is the perfect time to ask IMHO - I mean, if you are emailing anyway the worst that can happen is they don't have time to answer it I'd have thought.

I dont know, if i would happy when i hear from Openpandora which place i in the end of the line had, because there was a huge run on the Pandoras on the first day, but meybe my place isnt so bad..

i let me surprise.. :D

hey i am protectet if craig ask for mey waiting number, because i dont know.. B)

I asked this way December 2 2009:
Subject: I'd like to know my queue number
Hi,

Order number:XXXXXXXXXXX

I'd just like to know, sorry for the noise if you're very busy.

Received reply December 7 2009:
Hi Urja,

It's ok. Your approximate queue position is 1700 - 1800.

Kind regards
Jacquelyn

I ordered 30th Jan 2009 (when they allowed for more orders after the bank problems etc) and back then I didnt ask but I'd guess the number was >3500. The delay from query to reply sounds like they had a lot on their hands (December 2009, remember), OTOH "It's ok.". I dunno, but I'm not going to ask again, even though I think my number might have dropped by a few since...

Patrick R Ludvigsen said:
I ordered the first day but I'm probably in place #999999999999 because I waited a few hours

i got good news for you i pre-ordered on the 14th of this month and i made it in the first batch, so your at least 3999 lol

I ordered March 09... :huh:
So I'm not going to be get one soon I guess...

I'd hope the OP team have listed all 4000 pre-orders by date placed by now. How else are they going to allocate units as they come off the production line next week? Assuming they have done this, then it shouldn't take more than a few seconds to locate a customer's exact position. I'd like to know exactly where I am, but I'm pretty sure the OP response will be along the lines of 'somewhere in the first 500', so can't be bothered to mail them tbh!

Monk said:
Still - chances are that OpenPandora won't want all the parts sitting in their village hall doing nothing, so they will knock them out as quickly as possible once they have all the parts to a quality high enough for them to accept. So most of the "queue position" stuff will actually be a bit of a farce, as your local courier will be more important in determining what order Pandoras are RECEIVED in.
I've been suspecting that the queue position might not mean much when push comes to shove, or indeed that OP does not even have an actual 'list'. I just hope 2 things; that it's pretty close to the queue order when they get sent out and that the battery stickers with the serial numbers are in close to the right order. It might be very nerdy of me, but I ordered early so I want a low serial number.

I think they should send them out to UK order's first. Makes perfect sense as they will get there the quickest. The fact I am 3999 in line and in the UK has no influence on saying this at all :D

Just a quick observation, but if you mention your order month in addition to your approximate placing, then other people may be able to infer their approximate placing without having to contact the Team. The being helpful aspect of this thread is better than the measuring e-peen aspect. ;p

chole said:
Just a quick observation, but if you mention your order month in addition to your approximate placing, then other people may be able to infer their approximate placing without having to contact the Team. The being helpful aspect of this thread is better than the measuring e-peen aspect. ;p
+1 Took the words right out of my mouth. If folks can go back and edit that info into their posts, I'll try and graph it tonight.

Edit: My order was confirmed on 2009-12-16. As of a week ago Jacquelyn says I'm between 3350 - 3450.

Back