Your Place In The Preorder Line?

Your Place In The Preorder Line? (bins of size 250)

• Total voters

aaronson911 said:
Order mine early march 2009 with order number XXXXXX283X.
As of March 26 2010 my approximate queue position was 1600-1700.
Hope this helps anyone trying to extrapolate data.
Does that mean there are 1200 people before me who canceled their order?
Order number and queue position appear to have absolutely nothing in common. There's no way to tell how many people canceled without official word from OPT, and I don't think they're interested in telling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming those who have just ordered are far down the queue, then I am, having ordered on the 21st of April. I was rather amazed there were still spaces, having been waiting for the 2nd batch and given up. I just hope I get mine by August (looking increasingly unlikely).

aaronson911 said:
I do not know if our place in the queue is the whole queue or just cragix’s queue. I have a felling it might just be cragix’s queue

Really? :huh:
Would be really unfair if there was more than one list...
How many of those 700 units are supposed to go to Europe then?
Splitting these up (lets say 400 US, 300 Europe) would suck.
The best way would be to work off the list according to the order time.

Nupfi said:
aaronson911 said:
I do not know if our place in the queue is the whole queue or just cragix's queue. I have a felling it might just be cragix's queue

Really? :huh:
Would be really unfair if there was more than one list...
How many of those 700 units are supposed to go to Europe then?
Splitting these up (lets say 400 US, 300 Europe) would suck.
The best way would be to work off the list according to the order time.

About 20-25% of orders went through ED's shop I think. As ED will be present for the start of assembly it wouldn't be too difficult for him to put that percentage of units aside as they are assembled, so he can send them to his customers. That way the overall order timeline is honoured. (This is just a hypothesis, they haven't actually announced how they'll be handling it. Can't be too hard though.)

My date and time I got the "processed successfully" email is:

Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:44 AM (US Eastern)

But I don't know the number. So I estimate between 250 and 500... I'm bad with the time zone conversion though because of daylight savings.

Dragons_Slayer said:
I ordered the 10th of November 2009, Where would I be in line?

ordered around that time as well

around 3980 - 4000

I'd prefer to stay anonymous with my info, so I've created a new account for this, particularly since I have some surprising statistics - at least, I think they are.

I ordered in the middle of Februrary, 2009, when OPT claimed they were reopening the preorders (not for long!) because they were just about done.

At the time, I didn't ask about my order position, both because I guessed I was likely near the end, and I didn't know we could.

In November 2009 (the middle), I emailed to ask my position, and was told 2800-2900.

In the middle of April (2010) I emailed to ask again, because people were posting statistics, which didn't seem to line up with where I thoght I should be. I was told I was 1600-1700.

I'm not sure which queue (Craig, ED, Fatih) I'm in, since I've only ever had communication through openpandorasales@gmail.com. If it makes any difference, I've always heard back from Jacquelyn.

Either way, I find the jump of ~1200 in 5 months to be quite startling. Not only does it seem to imply a large number of cancellations (I'm not quite sure how to interpret that one; I'll let you draw your own conclusions), it would also seem to imply that many people who have not gotten order positions recently might not accurately know their place, with more of a skew to the later ones. (e.g. If you were at 20 a year ago, that's probably still about where you are; if you were at 3000 six montha ago, you're probably closer than you think).

I have two things to end with:
1) In no way do I condone or suggest you contact OPT to find your order number. They're busy enough as it is. Both times I asked for my position along with other requests (adding accessories, change of address, etc).

2) Perhaps it would be helpful if people posted not only their order number, and when the ordered, but when they got their approximate order number. At the very least it would be an additional useful statistic to gather, and at best we might be able to see other trends in position jumps.

Sorry that it took that long. I updated the dates info in the poll. By reading this thread, and the sibling thread. Also I added "as of" telling when the queue number was obtained. We can clearly see that the queue is moving up. I'm reluctant to say that it moved up by one thousand, so I didn't put it there.

In few places I added the person that provided the information (I'm sorry that I didn't do it everywhere, perhaps I'll fix it later). Also I didn't put duplicate information, for instance at least 3 people gave information about the first hour ofter preorders started, I had only put information from Prometheus, as she was the first one to tell about it :) In few other places I merged duplicate information from two people.

It is clear from the data that it appears your queue order (for me anyway) is when you paid for the Pandora the 2nd time not the 1st time and they were forced to refund.

I initially paid in Early Oct 08, paid again in Early Feb 09 and was last told I was around 1900-2000 in he queue (quite a few months back now).

gpx74532 said:
It is clear from the data that it appears your queue order (for me anyway) is when you paid for the Pandora the 2nd time

I wonder how many pre-orderers remember the queue order operating like that.

Monk said:
gpx74532 said:
It is clear from the data that it appears your queue order (for me anyway) is when you paid for the Pandora the 2nd time

I wonder how many pre-orderers remember the queue order operating like that.
I specifically remember being told that our original queue order would be preserved.

WizardStan said:
I specifically remember being told that our original queue order would be preserved.
Me too.

But in fact... unless those 4000 pandoras will be numbered (imagine how much 1st one would be worth on ebay, despite dev samples being sent beforehand) - then what's the difference? IMO that's just a curiosity thing (which I share too).

cosurgi said:
But in fact... unless those 4000 pandoras will be numbered
They are :)

cosurgi said:
then what's the difference? IMO that's just a curiosity thing (which I share too).
The difference is that 700 are going to be shipped out "soon", with another 300 shortly thereafter (I think), and the remaining 3000 however long it takes for the case factory to send them. Imagine someone was a 1-minute preorderer, originally within the first 100, suddenly falling to 1001 and having to wait an additional 2 weeks or so.
If things were moving as expected, and the difference from the first to the last was only a week or so, I would believe it didn't really matter, but now we're looking at a difference of many weeks from first to last.

I certainly hope OP will be honoring the initial statement (promise?) of the initial order preservation. I didn't rush the re-order based on this. On and on and on... delay after delay.. frustrating but tempered with excuses that can be "somewhat justified" with a little imagination and an extremely positively skewed view of reality in my mind. But a broken promise based on what... what reason would they change the shipping order? They better dig deep for a valid excuse for not maintaining the order... with all the delays they have certainly had time to create and maintain a valid list based on the initial order, keeping the order they stated they would.

To be honest I expect to get an answer to this query ONLY if it's positive, typical OP fashion is to NOT answer if in fact it's bad news, or at best the standard "GOOD NEWS, the factory PROMISED that they will ship the cases blah blah, unfortunately we will not be maintaining the initial order for shipment" - smoke screen (ineffective) yet used incessantly. It pains me to say this, but it's getting harder and harder to justify the fiasco which is the Pandora. Yet I'm patiently waiting, call me a Foole but don't forget to include the E... makes it an occupation, not just a regular noun.

Feeling more and more like a potential fool at OP's expense...

I honestly have no idea what my place in line is. I know it was in the morning in New york on the day the website link opened up, maybe within the first half hour. Once our money was refunded I waited until it was confirmed that I could send a check to keep my order alive. I dont know if that changes anything, I assume not, but anyway I've never bothered to try emailing for a confirmation of where I was in line because I figured "what's the point?" if I'm late in line it's not going to get me the device I've waited for this long any faster. It gets here when it gets here. If it's early on then great, if not I just have to wait some more.

cosurgi said:
Nothing prevents you from canceling. Except you.

Exchange rate.

Doesn't prevent, but does influence. ;)

Back