Your Place In The Preorder Line?

I ordered as soon as I could. I was pressing F5 just before pre-orders opened, but as soon as they did, I received only timouts for at least an hour. Even when I could see the page, I couldn't complete the order.
Anyway, it must have been about an hour, and when I asked for my position in the queue, a few months ago, I was told I was in the 300-400 range.
Since I payed for UPS delivery (2 years ago, I wanted it fast, I still do :)) I am probably going to receive mine before some of the first 10 who payed for regular delivery.

aliking said:
Monk said:
Still - chances are that OpenPandora won't want all the parts sitting in their village hall doing nothing, so they will knock them out as quickly as possible once they have all the parts to a quality high enough for them to accept. So most of the "queue position" stuff will actually be a bit of a farce, as your local courier will be more important in determining what order Pandoras are RECEIVED in.
I've been suspecting that the queue position might not mean much when push comes to shove, or indeed that OP does not even have an actual 'list'. I just hope 2 things; that it's pretty close to the queue order when they get sent out and that the battery stickers with the serial numbers are in close to the right order. It might be very nerdy of me, but I ordered early so I want a low serial number.
I think there are at least three lists - Craig with a few thousand, and ED and Fatih with another several hundred. This makes things difficult - since all the units will (presumably) be assembled in the same place, ED and Fatih might mail the European orders from England, or they might wait until enough are manufactured and then send them from Germany/Turkey, which would cause an additional (slight) delay to those customers. This could make it difficult to estimate when they'll all be shipped even if the queue is maintained as rigidly as possible, since both distributors probably have orders distributed somewhat evenly throughout the queue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom` said:
I think there are at least three lists - Craig with a few thousand, and ED and Fatih with another several hundred. This makes things difficult - since all the units will (presumably) be assembled in the same place, ED and Fatih might mail the European orders from England, or they might wait until enough are manufactured and then send them from Germany/Turkey, which would cause an additional (slight) delay to those customers. This could make it difficult to estimate when they'll all be shipped even if the queue is maintained as rigidly as possible, since both distributors probably have orders distributed somewhat evenly throughout the queue.
Yeah, I appreciate there are logistical concerns in sending them out. I just hope they don't totally fudge the queue because of them.

Imagining a hypothetical - if I was order number 6 in the queue - I personally think it would be a little bit cool to have my Pandora serial number be: 10000100006 (or whatever that format was); to know that I had the 6th mass-produced Pandora. If it makes sense to batch it up with other people who live near me and not SEND until there is a good pile, then so be it.

I think that would better than saying 'Alright, lets take the first hundred US orders and crank them out to send" or "Let's do all Fatih's orders first and get them done."

Yes, I know noone past the first few hundred would care too much about the exact order, and some of the first won't care either, after all, everyone gets one eventually. I just think it would be nice.

Originally, before the banking issue that caused me to get a refund, I had pre-ordered within the first hour. I was only recently(early April, sometime) able to re-pre-order, so I went from possibly the first few hundred to probably 3972 or some such depressing number. But, at least i'm in there somewhere!

QBJECT said:
Edit: My order was confirmed on 2010-12-16. As of a week ago Jacquelyn says I'm between 3350 - 3450.

Am I really tired, or will your order going to have been confirmed in the future?

Vlynndar said:
QBJECT said:
Edit: My order was confirmed on 2009-12-16. As of a week ago Jacquelyn says I'm between 3350 - 3450.

Am I really tired, or will your order going to have been confirmed in the future?
Fixed. Thanks for the catch.

Whilst I haven't seen one like that myself, I suspect that you probably shouldn't give out your order number. :p

I don't get it , why not? :huh:

That's what this topic is about isn't it? :huh:

Just wanted to share XD , you gave your number too :p

mysticmaus said:
I don't get it , why not? :huh:

That's what this topic is about isn't it? :huh:

Just wanted to share XD

"Hi Jacqueline, this is mysticmaus from the forum. My order number is ABC123. I've recently moved, can you change my shipping to my new address? Thanks!" :D
The topic is for those that know their place in line. Apparently there's no correlation between your order number and position in the queue.

I think i'll just leave this thread because i simply don't get what you are trying to tell me... :unsure:
But okay I just deleted the number in my post so just ignore that i said that.
Sorry.

I'll just keep my pre-order line number to myself then :rolleyes:

I just don't see the reason for this topic if you can't say your number in line...

NO POSTING OF ORDER NUMBERS! We have a Bank Holiday week-end coming and Craig as pals over. Week-end+vodka/pal = What's your order number.
Post it if you want but I'll quote yours if ever Craigix ask me.:p

mysticmaus said:

I think i'll just leave this thread because i simply don't get what you are trying to tell me... :unsure:
But okay I just deleted the number in my post so just ignore that i said that.
Sorry.

I'll just keep my pre-order line number to myself then :rolleyes:

I just don't see the reason for this topic if you can't say your number in line...

You can tell your number in line, just not your order #. There's a difference, one is your number in the queue out of 4000, one is the code that identifies your order to OPT.

Hmm :blink:

Okay so they then gave me the wrong number , I asked for my number in line , and they gave me that number -____-

Guess i have to mail them again then...

Again SORRY if if did something wrong okay!!!! :eek: Please don't report something , it was not my intention!

"extremly sweating XD , and thinking OMG what is happining here :blink: "

mysticmaus said:
Okay so they then gave me the wrong number , I asked for my number in line , and they gave me that number -____-
Oh, I see the confusion then. Don't be sorry, mistakes happen :)

Ah, I see. I was concerned that you'd posted your order number, and that someone could possibly use that to claim that you had changed your delivery address - effectively stealing your Pandora (as in the example given by WizardStan). :p

I'm told 250-350, IIRC - it was MDave's Pandora and I have no idea when he ordered.

Back