Errm. Nope. I'm just posting what has happened. Nothing more, nothing less.
I'm not sure what one of my moderators admitted here, as I can't see any moderator posting here at this thread.
Besides, none of the moderators have any access to the shop, to the payment providers nor anything else, so not sure what he admitted, but feel free to post this here.
But please let me know how I should've handled it?
You can ask any other preorderers here:
Well, the emails never arrived in you mailbox. However: How should I have known that?
- The shop sends out automatic voucher codes and an order confirmation. Sometimes the voucher doesn't get send out (if the payment was delayed), but the order confirmation is ALWAYS being sent.
- I also sent an email to ALL GPD Win preorderers when the device was in stock, including a link to complete the order. I also mentioned that one should contact me if he didn't receive the voucher earlier
If you want to know why they didn't arrive: Please ask google, as that was the mail address you used.
The email you sent to me later was from a different account (sbcglobal) and was blocked, but once you mentioned that here at the shop, I investigated, sent you a PM, got myself removed from sbcglobals blacklist and replied to any email you sent to me since then.
So, how should I have handled this?
How should I have known you didn't receive an email? As soon as I DID know (via the boards here), I immediately reacted. That's all I could do.
Sure, anytime. I don't have anything to hide.
Feel free to point out where I have been lying to you. The only things I can think of was:
- I didn't think the payment provider used openpandora.de as name, but rather OpenPandora GmbH. So I found that weird, but as I never order from myself, I couldn't confirm it. That was my mistake, okay. You can call that lying, but it's not really important anyways and in my opinion "lying" is only possible if done intentionally (and I didn't know that, so I couldn't do it intentionally).
- I accidentally sent you a wrong voucher. That was no lie, that was an accident, and it was fixed within a couple of hours (once I saw your email about that).
Yes, I treat all my customers the same and try to be as helpful as possible.
That's why I offered to cover half of the shipping costs on my account, which means that the profit on the preorder is nothing.
So you're even getting a better deal than anyone who paid the full shipping costs.
And that's not good enough for you?
Right, I'm not above the law, why should I?
But please let me know where I treated you wrongly?
Here's a quick summary of what happened:
- You preordered a GPD Win and a Pyra in July using a Spam-eMail address and an account which doesn't have your real name or age in it (according to the account, your name is Flap Jack and you're a 9-year-old kid).
- You didn't notice that those 280 EUR are a DOWNPAYMENT for the system and the final price will be 311 EUR. This was clearly written in the product description, and the GPD Win Preorder has a big "PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION!" directly behind the products name.
- You didn't receive the emails from the shop, for whatever reason. I cannot check why you didn't receive them, I can only confirm in the logs that they have been sent out (and they have been).
- You didn't try to contact me asking whether it's normal that you didn't receive ANYTHING from the shop.
- You also didn't receive the email from me that the GPD Win is now in stock and can be shipped out.
- You contacted me using a different email address in the shop sometime in December. That was about some payments on your bank account from openpandora.de, even though you never received the item. I replied to it, but the email was blocked by sbcglobal.
- Then you posted the same thing at the boards that you didn't get replies from the shop, so I did contact you using the shops PM system, and also tried to investigate why my previous the email from the shop didn't arrive. I then found out that sbcglobal had me on the blacklist. I asked them to remove me and now I can send emails to you again (as you noticed).
- I also asked you to check with your bank why "openpandora.de" has supposedly deducted money from your account. I checked with my payment provider, and no more money had been requested except for the one in July when you ordered. I CANNOT even request more money, as the only one who has your details (for security reasons) is the payment provider. I don't have your credit card number or anything else. I cannot simply grab money out of your account. Have you asked your bank yet and received a reply?
- I offered you paying half of the shipping costs, so they wouldn't be too high for you, so I sent a voucher for that.
- You asked for your original voucher code, which you didn't receive... well, then some emails were needed since you didn't use your real name and a different email address for the order in the shop, which means I couldn't find your order at first. But once I found it, I sent you the voucher code - however, it was accidentally a wrong one.
- You then told me that the voucher code was wrong and I sent you the correct one.
- Then you started to call me liar, blamed me that I still want money (because you didn't read it was a downpayment), etc.
So, that's it, as far as I remember.
Feel free to correct anything and show me some proof that I'm a liar.
The only issues I can see is that you didn't receive the mails (which I didn't know), that you didn't read the product description, that you used a fake name / different email address to place the order and that I accidentally sent you out a wrong voucher code.
I have NO idea why your bank claims that we supposedly took out money from your account in December. Neither did anything arrive at my account, nothing is logged in the payment logs of my payment provider.
The only one who can tell you where that money went and who requested that payment is your bank. So I advise you to ask them, as I did before.
WHAT? I don't think that you're a smurf or a faery or an alien. I think that you're a human being. A carbon-based life form born on planet Earth. If you hear otherwise or believe otherwise, that's on you. I wish you well on your path to get well.
==============================================================================================So let me get this straight:
Flapster paid the preorder downpayment for the Win, 280 EUR, withdrawn and received by the EvilDrags.
All that remains is the final payment bringing to total to 330 EUR.
The Flaps is upset because they paid 280 and now needs to complete the payment of 50EUR, something ED maintains was clearly noted in the documentation at time of purchase.
Sounds like mistakes were made all around but Flappy here doesn't want to pay the price they implicitly agreed to when making the initial purchase. Don't see much malice aforethought from ED. Some communication breakdowns/mistakes, exacerbated by Flaptrons desire to remain anonymous.
You've opened this whole thing up to the court of public opinion and claimed you experience undue harm, which based on what I'm seeing here doesn't really track. I think you're being a little hot under the collar here, Flapmo. My advice; pay the man what you owe him and move on with your life.
All this other stuff seems like histrionics to me. If there is some felonious behaviour from ED nothing you've posted really seems to bear that out.
Then if you won't read the facts...actual posts/emails from me and ED, then what can I tell you? Why comment upon it if you have no idea of the situation? Your take is merely peripheral and not necessary. Thanks for the input though.You're posting a large wall of text and I can't be bothered reading it all nor do I have the time (We need TL;DRs please). I know you're having a rough time but i'm sure it's all a mistake which will iron out eventually
What price did you agree upon? Seems that my price keeps going up and he's been withholding info and voucher codes and delivery options. Maybe you haven't fully read what ED has done. Maybe what he's done is totally normal to you. Sad, but it's not normal for most consumers.If I understand you well FlapJack, your goal is to get the device shipped while you have not paid it fully by doing a tantrum ?
It doesn't work that way in EU, here we pay the agreed price for what we want to get.
This is a good point. Posting your email address on a public forum is likely to get it onto any number of spam mailing lists.
Thank you Binky, you're always the voice of reason, but I'm right here. I ordered a product sans shipping and apparently everyone else got one in November but me. It's now the middle of January. So I'm going to voice my opinion about ED's business practices. If you don't like them, then I suggest that you talk to him. I'm not the one that's promising.....oh wait. I'll go to GPD Win. They need to hear this. Thank you.This is a good point. Posting your email address on a public forum is likely to get it onto any number of spam mailing lists.
I'd also suggest that concision, clarity and calmness are a good way to approach this sort of dispute.
Yelling, ranting and posting walls of text never earnt anyone any favours.
And those are...?You took a few liberties there...but who cares about the truth? Right?
Now I'm pretty confused.The funds were taken out of my bank on July 12th of last year. NOT December. How many LIES must you tell before you feel better about this exchange?
Before? I have no idea we've ever banned you before. But maybe it was a different username or a long time ago, as I certainly don't remember everything that happened during the last years (and certainly not every member).Why not ban me like before?
It was one, and it has been corrected within 6 hours. So what's the problem here?You gave me false voucher codes.
Yep, and later (either in this or the other thread) I already said that I didn't know they used the domain name for all transactions, so I had assumed it should've been OpenPandora GmbH instead of that.You at least admitted to that, as you did to accusing me of "weird" things because I sent you a statement from my bank, showing that "openpandora.de" was the recipient of said funds...and you said:
> > > That's all weird, especially as you had some openpandora.de
> > > payments on your accounts (and openpandora.de doesn't even do any
> > > business, it's always OpenPandora GmbH on any payment systems).
No, and I never said that.You found out that Yahoo and Gmail was blocking you. I didn't tell you that, because I never saw your emails. I had to bug you and that took a while....
That's all fine, but in this case, you aren't being singled out.When I'm singled out as a malcontent or an undesirable, then I get angry.
A spam email address is an email address you don't really use, except for having an email address where you expect a lot of spam.I don't know what a spam email address is. If it's one that I created just so that I could order products from you and talk on these forums? Then I guess that's a spam email address.
Well, according to european law, an order from a 9-year-old kid is not even valid. That is the reason you need to enter your birthday on a European shop.I wanted to create an easy one to remember, or so I thought...so I chose 07-07-2007...basically 7-7-7. Seemed innocuous enough. Unfortunately I didn't do the math on that one....although there is NO WAY that I could pass as a 9 year old. That wasn't my intent at all. Anyone here or on any website can attest to that.
I am NOT reading all public threads! I don't really have the time for that!I did ask here, on the forums, posting things to you about my order status, but I guess that you never took any of them seriously.
Well, I still haven't replied to most emails from early December, simply because there was so much work here to do. And I have even older PMs here at the boards, so you're anything but singled out here.I did send you messages and then try to ask Moderators to poke you to respond - it was the typical, slow weekly non-response. I was asking way back in early November when I found out that people here had gotten their GPD Win's. You misled or waylaid me at every turn. Sure, you're busy, but it just seemed that you didn't care. I fell through the cracks. You didn't try to help me. I was just a problem.
Ah, another "lie"-accusation, even though you clearly post what I've written here:You said this here:
"> I'm sure we'll get that sorted out.
> BTW: You are the only GPD Win US Preorder left - everyone else paid
> for the shipping costs.
> So while I can't do much about the shipping costs itself, I could
> offer you covering part of them, so that you're actual shipping costs
> would go down to 30 EUR, would that be okay?"
I'll hold you to it. I'll pay 30 EUR and get my GPD Win. Do the right thing. Stop lying.
Shipping costs would go down to 30 EUR. That's no lie. that's a fact. That's what the voucher is for.> So while I can't do much about the shipping costs itself, I could
> offer you covering part of them, so that you're actual shipping costs
> would go down to 30 EUR, would that be okay?"
You keep repeating that, yet you never showed any proof of that.Ahhhh, but there are numerous instances of malfeasance here. ED has managed to admit to three improper business practices within this one purchase. He's liable for much more. He's in trouble.
Honest answer?This is a rhetorical question for Michael Mrozek, alias ED "Evil Dragon". How do you treat your customers?
Ah, and what does THAT have to do with lies?Tell them lies? YES. YOU DO. Look at what you said to US this winter and compare your words to what you said LAST winter. They're really similar.
The HARDWARE of the Pyra is already outdated for years. There are a lot more recent SoCs out there.How outdated is the Pyra going to be when it FINALLY gets produced this winter?
I doubt a legal counsel would advise against anything like thatI'll give you some credit here, you haven't deleted/banned me yet, so that's a start in the right direction. Maybe your legal counsel has advised you against that tact. Wisely so.
Everyone else paid the remaining 31 EUR plus shipping costs and therefore received it.I ordered a product sans shipping and apparently everyone else got one in November but me. It's now the middle of January. So I'm going to voice my opinion about ED's business practices. If you don't like them, then I suggest that you talk to him. I'm not the one that's promising.....oh wait. I'll go to GPD Win. They need to hear this. Thank you.
You know you're right. I know I'm right. Literally everybody knows they're right.but I'm right here
@FlapJackWhat price did you agree upon? Seems that my price keeps going up
I'll hold you to it. I'll pay 30 EUR and get my GPD Win.