You emailed me an expired/used voucher code.

Discussion in 'Ask EvilDragon Questions' started by FlapJack, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wally

Wally I am a banana! Staff Member

erico, LineOf7s, FaeMinx and 4 others like this.
  2. FlapJack

FlapJack Active Member

Still one of the classiest Moderators on the intertubes. Profanity and a mocking video. Nice.

FBnil likes this.
  3. rygD

rygD Nihilistic Mystic

I think that is why I will never be a mod here, I would be way worse. Moderators only fill that capacity when they are doing those things. The rest of the time they are just like every other asshole. I would rather have real people that are truly involved in the discussions.

ClockworkCoder and FlapJack like this.
  4. ible

ible professional vim user

you can rub someone the wrong way all the time, or everyone the wrong way some of the time, but you can't rub everybody the wrong way all the time.

also know there's a bit of a language barrier. ED does his best in English (much better than i would in German), but the equivalent in German (based on expectations/connotations/etc.), would probably be clear that ED was covering "the remaining payment" of the shipping costs, not the remaining payment of your whole order. as others have said, ED still needs to make money with his business in order to keep moving forward (and make a Pyra), and shipping from China is the only thing that seems to be free (or almost free), due to government-subsidized shipping.

also, squeeky wheel gets the grease, but the way to go about being squeeky is a bit different in Europe vs. America... it's easy to get frustrated over some of the cultural/communication differences, but it's a good learning experience. (speaking from experience, having lived in Amsterdam for a bit.)

ClockworkCoder likes this.
  5. rygD

rygD Nihilistic Mystic

All I know is I frequently want to kick American squeaky wheels in the skull. Screaming in a store and not letting the person that is trying to fix the problem speak doesn't solve anything. Or general insults and such.

6. ClockworkCoder

ClockworkCoder Chaotic Neutral

You've been trying all the right things, and I believe you meant it all with good intentions. However sometimes our actions can be taken not how we expect, or can rub people up the wrong way.

An important lesson is learning how to resolve disputes with a little bit of discretion, consistency and patience, and not simply by lashing out. The more others understand the reasons for vitriol and angst, rather than the effects of it, then the more positive and forthcoming the support should be.

Wally, FlapJack and ible like this.
  7. FlapJack

FlapJack Active Member

Thank you Michael/ED. You came through and delivered me a great device yesterday. Thank you. The GPD Win is an amazing device.

Here is where I eat some crow or get some syrup poured allover me...Either way, I'm a happy customer AGAIN and will melt away... My temper tantrum was probably not necessary, I should've waited for you to figure things out I guess. I'm sure that you would've figured out things if I hadn't made a point about it. I was wrong.

Any Moderator who is available to close this thread is okay to do so. P E A C E

benoitb, Wally, Binky and 4 others like this.
  8. ible

ible professional vim user

but we're not done telling you how you could have handled things better :D ;)

Wally likes this.
  9. Wally

Wally I am a banana! Staff Member

maybe next time you won't use an email address that is tied to spam eh?

10. Binky

Binky Death's Steed Staff Member

Hush. The whole forum's been lecturing him for four entire pages. He's apologised, and the case is resolved. What more needs to be said?

_jr_, Wally and ClockworkCoder like this.
  11. Grench

Grench Forum Addict!

One last thing to be said - and you have the power to do so. "Thread Locked"

12. TrashyMG

TrashyMG Sarcasm Dispenser Staff Member

Gladly.

FlapJack, ClockworkCoder and levi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.