You Can See A Pandora Tomorrow At Teesside University

@PokeParadox

Could you please tell me how you liked the controls?

Thanks Man.

@Prophet

He's more of a Wiz guy, from what I've seen. I don't know if you can ban him from just the Pandora forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Phawx' said:
@Prophet

He's more of a Wiz guy, from what I've seen. I don't know if you can ban him from just the Pandora forums.
I'm aware of that. In fact he gets even nastier on the Wiz forums.

I'm all for expressing opinions, but this guy spews out epithets left and right, and is just downright combative for no good reason. Plus he never sent me that case of special booze for xmas that I asked for.

'Prophet' said:
'Phawx' said:
@Prophet

I'm all for expressing opinions, but this guy spews out epithets left and right, and is just downright combative for no good reason. Plus he never sent me that case of special booze for xmas that I asked for.

I don't know, I find him easier to stand than the other trolls or just plain idiots that have found their ways to this forum only to clog this forum with useless topics...

-God Ginrai

'goan' said:
Its not really hard to find, just head into the town, which is right next to train station and then head forward, look for a massive manky building that looks like flats and thts teesside uni, its bout 2 mins from there
You should be in charge of Teesides marketing :D

I live in Birmingham, so close, yet so far...

'God Ginrai' said:
'Prophet' said:
'Phawx' said:
@Prophet

He''s more of a Wiz guy, from what I''ve seen. I don''t know if you can ban him from just the Pandora forums.

I don't know, I find him easier to stand than the other trolls or just plain idiots that have found their ways to this forum only to clog this forum with useless topics...

-God Ginrai

Agree, Quasist says something every once in a while so he's not that bothersome. Asking for him to get banned would be like asking PoisonedV to get banned... of course, PoisonedV does not tell you to go piss in your Piss-Wiz section, and he's a lot more constructive... oh well...

Uh-oh, getting off-topic. I sense the Anti-off-topic Squad blazing in, so...

Is anyone going to film the event?

Is PokeParadox the only one from these forums that took the trip?

'Phawx' said:
Is PokeParadox the only one from these forums that took the trip?
There seems to be two people who live near there that are also going. Aside from that, I'm not sure who else is going.

-God Ginrai

Nokia N95 has a really nice camera for a phone as well. Should be neat.

This went ok, I tried to trim the talk down and ended up forgetting some crucial things (such as wifi, long battery life) and I had a video to play which I *totally* forgot about!

Anyway showed off the Pandora but there was no camera connected to the projector so it was pretty difficult to show much.

But the main point is there was free Pizza and drinks which were great.

And I got ice cream on the way home for my throat.

'Peter R' said:
God dammit I missed free Pizza. Was it Dominoes?
Why would you care about free Dominos?

'Phawx' said:
Why would you care about free Dominos?
As I understand it, pizza in the UK is so terrible that Dominoes is considered "good". In the US it is considered just marginally better than starving to death, and they only stay in business because they are the only place that will deliver what might charitably be considered "food" to drunks at 2AM.

On topic: How did the audience respond?

Most people seemed interested, I guess I assumed they knew more than they did in some cases, someone asked how cut down XP would be on it, I guess I didn't explain the open source thing very well.

My talk in Newcastle was better in that respect, but I was trying not to just give a repeat talk as I noticed some people seemed to already know about the Pandora.

It's tricky to get a good balance, I'm sure I'll get better at it!

did many come along, I was gunna go but I realised food was more appertising, didnt know there was going to be any there tho :(

In moddlesbrough pizza is awful, its so cheap and crap that dominoes is god

did anyone get that video?
any impressions?
and i'm bummed i couldn't go, but airfare to the uk is expensive... :(

Back