You Can See A Pandora Tomorrow At Teesside University

Im from Canada and i'd move to new york to see it, For shizzle!
Theres much to see in NY so its always worth it to pay a visit!

Last edited by a moderator:
'Username' said:
'God Ginrai' said:
Maybe we should try somewhere a little more central along the East Coast?

-God Ginrai

My thoughts exactly. DC area/North VA?
Seeing as how I live all the way down in GA, I was thinking something a little further down, like around NC?

-God Ginrai

'#1 GameMaster' said:
Someone needs to come to Columbus, Ohio and show it off I'd be there for sure. :D
Wow, another ohioan? I'm up near cleveland =D

On that note, I think regional pandora 'conventions' (more like get-togethers) are in order. If we could convice MWeston to come down to cleveland for a bit I'd gladly organize a space to hold it & whatnot.

I'm hoping to get one of the first test units off the assembly line so I can head over the the Engadget NY office and beat them over the head with it. IF this happens, I'd certainly be willing to do a meetup in the NY/NJ area. At that point full-on production will only be 2-3 weeks away, but if there is interest, I'll do it.

ooh, that's awesome. I'd love to see a "Pandora hands-on with video" featured article on Engadget. I'd think it would really destroy all of the doubt left out there.

'Chip' said:
I'm hoping to get one of the first test units off the assembly line so I can head over the the Engadget NY office and beat them over the head with it. IF this happens, I'd certainly be willing to do a meetup in the NY/NJ area. At that point full-on production will only be 2-3 weeks away, but if there is interest, I'll do it.
Just name the date =] I'd gladly catch the megabus over there for that! (let us know as soon as you can so the tickets stay cheap =])

'fischju2000' said:
ooh, that's awesome. I'd love to see a "Pandora hands-on with video" featured article on Engadget. I'd think it would really destroy all of the doubt left out there.

Absolutely. The Engadget trolls commenters already seem to be accepting Pandora. When Engadget does a hands-on... shit will get real.

I'm in Pittsburgh, come here! Kidding.

Also, I've heard differing opinions on Domino's Pizza. I remember as a kid, in elementary school we had a yearbook where we voted favorite food, and it was "Domino's Pizza" which I remember thinking sucked because I never liked Domino's. (The putrid pop station with the wacky DJs won favorite radio station, too)

Anyway, there was even a Domino's briefly about a 2 minute walk from my house and I would walk down and pick it up occasionally. Never stuck out. It was just mediocre bland chain pizza.

Then Domino's seemed to disappear altogether for about 10 years. It's back now, and I've only had it once or twice and still have the same opinion. Bland boring pizza.

I know when some of the in-laws visit from the south (who moved there from here) visit they talk about how they miss all of the Pizza options. I could probably have Pizza delivered or pick it up from 20 different places within a pretty small radius... And I mean the big chains, smaller chains, and a whole array of really good little pizza joints... and I live in the suburbs.

Why did I spend so much time on this post? Who knows.........

'gp2.eXe' said:
Agree, Quasist says something every once in a while so he's not that bothersome. Asking for him to get banned would be like asking PoisonedV to get banned... of course, PoisonedV does not tell you to go piss in your Piss-Wiz section, and he's a lot more constructive... oh well...

Most of the forums I visit have zero tolerance for requesting people die. I'm surprised Quasist hasn't been banned. I do find his posts disruptive, but if he were gone he'd probably be replaced by someone else.

Oh, and PoisonedV isn't at all the same. PoisonedV has a very insulting/rude sense of humour (to some), but he isn't a troll. To put it simply, he doesn't actually care about anyone he flames. He just does it to point out to them the flaws in their posts. There's no negative emotions involved. He might flame you one day and compliment or agree with you another day.

But Quasist is different - I get the feeling he really doesn't like craigix or the Pandora. I've never seen someone drag something out for so long on forums, so he must really hate him - but maybe I've got the wrong impression.

Non-OT: Where's the youtube vid? Did I miss a link? :(

Would the FCC needing to test the unit first mean you would have to wait for the post 200 test units, Chip?

'Kramy' said:
Non-OT: Where's the youtube vid? Did I miss a link? :(
I don't think there's a video. If there is, I also missed it.
PokeParadox's battery ran out on his video recording device, so there probably actually isn't one.

'Gruso' said:
Phawx - I think as long as it's not being sold to anyone, it doesn't need to be tested. Wink, nudge, all that.
Correct. Besides, it's not like I'm going to report it to the authorities or anything ;)

So, someone's Twittering about the presentation...
CODE
Great presentation with prototype from http://openpandora.org/ guys at @refreshteesside this evening. One to watch out for...

http://twitter.com/easbynow/statuses/1441024521

If you're a Twitterer, and using Tweetdeck (and if you're not, start), keep a search column open for #openpandora. Interesting seeing some of the chatter!

Direct link to the search: CODE
http://search.twitter.com/search?q=openpandora

OMG I'd love that. I'm also in Jersey, so this is the perfect opportunity for me to check one out (EDIT: before mine arrives). That's assuming, of course, that it doesn't happen while I'm in school (up in RI) or in Italy for vacation. Knowing my luck though, I'm probably going to miss it. :(

If MWeston is going to be presenting anything anywhere, I vote for Toronto first of all, since it's a big city (and my hometown), and it's where he lives. ;) I'm sure at least one university in the city should be interested enough to allow a presentation, eh?... If it were in York University, it would be most convenient... :p

Sounds like it was worth while, I had no time to travel up there.

Thanks for letting us know what it was like.

Back